Hitachi 32HAE2250 - question regarding built-in tuners

frauschlau

Novice Member
Good day,

My first post, so I do hope I am posting in the right channel/forum.

For Hitachi's Android TV (specifically 32HAE220) - is there no way to display ALL channels from both OTA and satellite? This tv has two tuners, for these two signal sources. However, it seems that I can only choose from the usual "TV, AV, HDMI, VGA", but cannot merge the feed from both satellite and rooftop antenna.

Is this really working as designed? If I want to switch from watching the live tv from the rooftop antenna to watching satellite channels - I have to go to setup, select TV, then change the "installation mode" from "antenna" to "satellite". Then navigate back to live tv and only now does the built-in EPG/guide show the satellite channels. If I want to go back to watching live tv from the antenna - repeat the above steps, and then the EPG/guide only shows the rooftop antenna channels.

Am I missing something obvious?

The help will be greatly appreciated!

mikej

It's not likely you would be able to merge the terrestrial and satellite channels, but it's surprising there isn't an easier way to switch between those two tuners.

Panasonic remotes have TV and AV Input buttons and 'TV' switches between the Freeview and satellite tuners - does the Hitachi remote not have anything similar ?

frauschlau

Novice Member
It's not likely you would be able to merge the terrestrial and satellite channels, but it's surprising there isn't an easier way to switch between those two tuners.

Panasonic remotes have TV and AV Input buttons and 'TV' switches between the Freeview and satellite tuners - does the Hitachi remote not have anything similar ?
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, greatly appreciated!

I have tried different key combinations and am not making any progress. Worse yet - the owner's manual does not offer a clear answer (unless I totally missed it).

But this is exactly why I asked - one would think there would be an easier way to switch between the two tuners than going to the main setup menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom