1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 32"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MARTIN TURNER, Jan 6, 2004.

1. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am thinking of hanging the 32" hitachi on my bedroom wall.firstly has anybody seen it cheaper than unbeatable.co.uk/empiredirects £2100 ish and secondly the wall it would hang on is a partition wall between the room and a walk-in wardrobe i can easily run all the cables thru the wall but does anybody know if i could hide the tuner box behind the wall and still use all the screens functionality from the bedroom. also the web site i read the details on says the screen has dual screen does this allow 2 different channels at the same time side by side ie sky and analogue like my samsung or just piccy with txt alongside

2. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: nobody got a view?

3. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin,

Just taken delivery of one of these and although I've not set it up yet I will have a stab at answering some of your questions with the best of my knowledge.

I purchased mine from JL in Milton Keynes on a price match for £2149 with 5 year extended warranty included ( well worth the extra ££ over internet suppliers IMHO ). There were some on-line retailers slightly cheaper than this but I prefer the security of a large department store supplier to deal with if things go wrong ( loan set provided etc. )

With regards to fitting the screen - primarily you will need to ensure that the stud wall can support the weight of the panel using the appropriate fixings or battens if you are fixing directly to the plasterboard. It would be worth trying to find the studs themselves and fix some wooden noggins between them into which you can then use ordinary woodscrews ( large ones though ) Any holes you make will be covered by the panel when it is up anyway.

The panel itself will need a 240v supply as well as the signal cable from the tuner box, which in itself takes all the inputs etc. I see no reason why you cannot hide the tuner box as long as it remains accesible for cable maintenance etc. The IR receiver for the remote is on the panel itself I am assured.

With regards to the PiP question I've only seen picture and text alongside - but that's not to say it can't be done just that I'm not sure at the mo. You can download a copy of the user manual from www.hitachidigitalmedia.com - this may help a little more.

3george.

4. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx 3george thats great news about the infra red receiver being on the panel itself,that will make life easier. when i had the partition wall built 4 years ago i already hankered for a flat screen so in the middle of the wall is some major timber. also directly the other side of tha wall are all the sockets (aeriel, power etc). can i ask who you got jl to price match against cos as u say 5 yr wty at £2100 ish sounds a great trade.

5. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk - they have a retail outlet which is key to getting JL to do the price match. Doesn't have to be the MK store - any of them will do it and deliver to your door FOC.

Good Luck

3george.