1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 32" plasma in Dixons

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by richard plumb, Oct 27, 2002.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    Saw a nice Hitachi 32" plasma in Dixons (sorry) at the weekend for £2500. £1500 off apparantly, but who knows how they do their calculatoins. Lovely picture quality. Probably as good or better than the 42" Hitachi they had on show, which was £4000.

Its the first time I've seen a decent plasma approaching my kind of budget. The LG one in Richer Sounds is OK, but the image is poor compared to this little Hitachi.

Anyone read any reviews or have any comments on this? I have no idea on connections (Didn't bother asking the Dixons guy as I'd already read the label :p )

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,025
    It was actually £5k retail when it first came out, about 18 months ago. I'm sure I've seen better, but as plasmas go, its pretty good value, and IMHO a nice looking set.

The screen is a display only. It comes with a separate control unit that contains the tuner and other socketry. I think it's fairly well-endowed in this area. You could find out for yourself by getting the erk in D's to show you the back of the box.