1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 32" 100hz yellow flare?!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pete o'flanagan, Oct 4, 2001.

1. pete o'flanagan

pete o'flanagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have a 2 month old c32wf810n 100hz hitachi,
    I am noticing a pale yellowish flare in the bottom left hand corner of the screen when there is a white background picture.
    It is not visible when any other colour picture is showing unless it is a very pale one,should i be worried and what might it be guys?
    Many thanx,Q.

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Sounds like a purity error.
    You may just need to trip the degauss circuitry in the TV (normally by turning it all the way off : not just into standby, leaving it off for up to an hour then turning it back on : may be a bonging noise on switch on when it operates)

see if you have anything producing a magnetic field near the TV also ie speaker or anything with a power supply ie amp. moving these further away from the set may help.

Failing that it might be a warp in the shadow mask in which case unless it can be tweaked around via landing adjustments by a technician you'd ne looking at a new set: if its been there since new ( which is probable if it is a warped shadowmask) then you might have a case for replacement under warranty but be warned this is one of those things manufacturers describe as within spec so you may have to fight your corner a bit ( they normally cave in if you stick to your guns)