1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HITACHI 28LD5200 vs TOSHIBA 30lw46

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rucanunes, Dec 18, 2004.

1. rucanunes

rucanunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Can someone help me on this? I would like to know wich of this two sets is the best one. I'm more concerned with image quality than the rest (sound, inputs, aspect, etc).

I'll be watching the TV from about 2 meters distance. 28" or 30" ?

Thanks in advance!
    Raul Nunes
    Portugal

2. rucanunes

rucanunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone? Please? Thank you!

3. Samuelkaye2

Samuelkaye2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings rucanunes,
    I’ve just purchased the Hitachi, came Friday. Digital free view TV via composite av3 is fantastic anywhere over 1meter away, closer and some smearing is noticeable, however this is not the case with did (scart connection here), as this is truly breathtaking. One slight issue I noticed when running through composite from my x-box is very light pink/peach horizontal lines across the screen however I believe this to only be the fault of the x-box. As for the Tosh I haven’t managed to have a look at one yet so I can’t be of any help there.
    Hope this helps,
    Sam

4. rucanunes

rucanunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your help! Anyone as more reviews to Post? :lease:

5. rucanunes

rucanunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. rucanunes

rucanunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pleeeeeease?? Someone else? :rolleyes:

7. rucanunes

rucanunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really need to decide between this two. Please someone help me. I don't understand much about LCDs. Can you please give some feedback on this two? Thank you and I'm sorry to bother you again. :blush:

8. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was comparing the same two TVs and found that the Toshiba looked better (silver, more modern styling, less plastic looking) and also had a larger screen (don't underestimate the difference between a 28" and 30" makes, other wise you could go for the 27wl46 which is even cheaper!). I also remember it having a better choice of inputs than the Hitachi.
    It also was part of my decision that the Hitachi was an 'older' model whereas the Toshiba was brand new (and not released at the time). LCD screens are moving so quickly that even 1 year seems to make a big difference to performance.

Since getting the Tosh, I'm very pleased with the design and have no regrets, even my wife likes the look of it! The picture quality is great, and becomes fantastic over DVI (I have a scaler that sends a pixel-for-pixel 1280x768 image to the screen), so make sure you use DVI, if not RGB Scart, if not S-Video, as for each step up the picture gets very much better.

Either way you should be pleased, as long as you can use a decent connection and don't get too close to see any smearing (try and test one in a shop if you can!).

Hope that helps,
    Phil

9. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Look for the thread called "Hitachi 28LD5200 Bargain" there are some valuable comments on the screen's performance from a few people (me included!).

Very, very happy with my Hitachi...every input I'm likely to need (2 component, an S-Vid, RGB SCART, DVI (supports HDCP) and 15-pin Analogue PC input).

Superb performance from good quality sources (DVD via component is stunning IMO).

Samuelkaye2 You should really consider dumping composite as your connection method of choice for a large part of your AV gear! This is the second thing I've heard that you connect to the display with composite! you realise it's the worst connection ever (only slightly better than RF!) Get everything hooked up with RGB as a minimum if I were you...there are lots of sub-£40 DVD players that have component output also!