1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 28ld5200 help with component input?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Benny the Ball, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Benny the Ball

Benny the Ball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried connecting my toshiba sd-330e dvd player via component, but the hitachi won't display any picture. I plugged it into av1, and then tried av2, but nothing happened. When i select the correct input, it just says "av1 composite"

I've tried all the menu settings but nothing seems to work at all. The reason i bought the hitachi was because i wanted to connect my pc via DVI, my DVD player via component, my games console also via component, and my STB via scart.

Surely it accepts signals from pal progressive scan DVD players?

Has anyone else had this same problem

2. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi m8, If I recall correctly from when I had my SD330e you have to go into the setup menu to enable the component out on the dvd player, however I think you will find that it does not output a progressive signal just gives the option of connecting the dvd player to a PJ etc using Component, I think its standard RGB.

Cheers
    Taz

3. Benny the Ball

Benny the Ball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't find a setting to enable component on the tosh, but tried a friends samsung dvd with progressive scan, and it worked a treat, excellent quality even with cheap rca leads . Perhaps i'll invest in a better player with dvi out.

Thanks Taz

4. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    No probs Benny, the tosh isnt that great at component anyway, not compared to my DV4300 anyhow, btw m8 have you noticed any probs with this so-called 15:9 screen, on Hitachis site it says its a 16:9 but I am sure somewhere I have seen it called a 15:9, whats it like with widescreen dvds etc, also does your manual state it does 720p@50Hz ?

Thanks

Taz