1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 24 WS TV Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by milfordkong, Oct 25, 2005.

1. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey there,
    I have an old (around 5 years) 24inch widescreen hitachi tv (Black) that has a regular fault where by it turns itself onto standby when i'm in the middle of watching something, it will often switch itself back on in the next few seconds and then either stay on for a bit or switch straight back to standby.

Anyone know what the problem is and how I can solve it? I use the tv in front of a treadmill and it's a real pain in the ass when it keeps doing it.

Cheers in advance,
    Andy

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    It is not uncommon for Hitaichi TVs to suffer from dry joints(a bad connection inside the TV which needs resoldering).
    These are not usually a DIY job, but can be quite simiple for a qualified person.
    It will usually work out cheaper to take the TV to them if you can.
    Or you could just buy a new one.

Nigel

3. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks nig28,
    that's basically what I wanted to know, didn't want to take it to a repair man if someone on here could give me some simple instructions for sorting out a common problem. Think i'll just give some local repair folk a call though.

Would rather not buy a new one as I only use it for in front of the treadmill and it's a decent little set when it's not throwing a wobbly.

Cheers again :smashin:
    Andy

4. Leaat23

Leaat23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yeh, my 28" Hitachi has suffered from this problem(just under 5 years old), had it repaired under extended warrenty :smashin: , was OK for a short time but it has started clicking now and the picture jumps, also clicks in stand by as well, is out of warrenty now :thumbsdow so time for replacement I think. Gonna have the back off and have a look, I am C & G qualified in electronic and electrical systems so maybe I will find the fault.