hitach tx100 - anyone seen one yet?

havent seen it but Nexnix have updated their site Tx100 £895 ex vat - bout £100 cheaper than Z2 !!
Now that the missus has come round to my way of thinking and accepted the fact that I want to turn kids playroom into home cinema as well this could be my way forward. Now just got to wait for the reviews as Im sure no-one over here (Guernsey) will get one of these in stock.

Emailed Nexnix to see what they thought

Reply-

"I have seen an engineering sample.

Build quality of casing and feel of the lens shift was top notch.
The electronic iris was effective, and the quality & geometrics of the lens
must be good, as it was nice and sharp to view.

However its ability (Inability) to render life like colour and its VB leads
me to believe it is in the same league as the Sanyo - (but I am being picky).

Please remember it was a sample unit that I saw in here only for an hour,
and I have no doubt that with time to calibrate - the PJ would be better.

We anticipate that at its price point, Hitachi will have a good seller here."

The things I want from the TX100 are the 2X zoom, better dust exclusion and lower cost than the Z2.

Looking good then! Thanks for the info.

I cant believe there are no reviews yet as its supposed to be out now. Nothing on the Hitachi site either. I'm hanging back from purchasing my first PJ for this. Mainly as stated by others for its 2x zoom, which makes positioning of PJ easy for me compared with Z2. I cant wait ( but will have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Yeahh, I dont know what Hitachi are playing at, at this rate people are going to buy alternative products!!I have already posted a thread about this very pj few weeks back and am very interested in its performance as we all know already what a looker it is. Waiting for reports/reviews as the spec seems fantastic and the price even more fantastic.(strumming my fingers and patiently waiting!!).

The Hitachi has only been released this week with a price and availability. No magazine will have a review of it yet. How long didn't it take for the UK magazines to review the Z2 and 500 if I may ask?

Also it took a while from the exhibitions when Z2 and 500 was showcased until it reached the etailers.

And everyone is waiting for someone here to take the plunge and buy it and test it, why don't you do it first?

I'm as eager as everyone else to see how far this one has advanced as a quriosity, but I already have one pj, so I won't buy another for a while, so I am grateful whenever the first review pops up.

I'm for sure not blaming Hitachi for this.

We'll see who will be first, a private, etailer or magazine.

Cheers

Wasabi

Well the thing is WASABI that PEOPLE tend to want to know a bit more about a product before parting with hard earned cash!!!
And I do blame Hitachi for not having much if anything on this particular pj on its own website - and if they can't be A***D to do it why should others bother, Catch my drift WASABI!!!!

So please ditch the cynicism aimed at the PEOPLE of this forum!!!!

Peace out!!

here here akarit1:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You wouldnt expect a car company to just manufacture a car release it and not give any info out. Give no demo's to the motoring press and just rely on people to buy it!!!!! or would you just go out and buy that lovely looking Jaguar to find when you get it home that the 2 tonne monster only had a 1ltr engine

To some of us this kind of money is a big amount. I dont expect any individual on this site to fork out cash to just find out what its like for us. I expect Hitachi to do that!!! Give the press pre release demo's for evaluation. It costs peanuts to Hitachi and makes complete marketing sense. If it knocks the socks off of the Z2 and 500 then they'll sell loads. Just because its happened this way in the past with the Z2 and 500 doesnt mean it has to this time.

Phew I'm all hot and bothered now and still no wiser

i presume VB means very bad. If so why does everyone rate the z2 and 500??????

He means vertical banding. Some people seem to think this is a real issue with these budget Pjs. Many others dont. I have an ae500 and cant see any on mine. Other people say they see it on their ae500s and the same for goes for Z2 owners.

There are 100 people who have these two projectors on these forums. Easily the highest numbers for any indivdual projectors (See pole) The reviews out there for these modesl are also universally good, without exception I would say. Hence why they are so well thought of.

At the end of the day they are still entry level projectors all be it very good ones.

In the absence of good reviews and owner feedback I would personally go the tried and test route (ae 500 or Z2) for the sake of £100 to be perfectly honest.

I know a few of you are desperate to throw yourself off the cliff lemming style and try one of these Hitachis out.

I am sure someone will pretty soon but it will be a while until there are decent numbers of these in circulation so we can find out how good they really are.

Thanks for that Harrisuk,

Unfortunately I’m restricted with throw distance. I can only site PJ 14ft away and only want at the most 8ft wide picture. According to calculators the z2 and 500 are not capable of doing this unless I move them closer. If the sketchy details of the Hitachi are right, it is. It also fits nicely into my budget for my first pj. Anyway as everyone suggests, a viewing is needed first so we’ll see

I meant in general points

1, Magazines are slow in getting new products and test it.

2, There are many brand's that are slow updating their websites. Hitachi is not exceptional slow.

Of course it is a lot of money we are talking about, I just meant that give it some time and reviews will come. Unfortunately the pj industry is not like the car industry, they are not as fast to demo new things, at lieast not in the UK.

I never meant to diss any people on this forum.

Cheers

Wasabi

I'm lingering on the edge of placing an order because throw restrictions mean I have I seem to have a choice of the Hitachi PJ-TX10 or the new higher spec PJ-TX100.

I need to wall mount 4-4.5 metres away from the screen, seating 2.5-3.5m away giving a 1.8m wide screen (2m diagonal). A portable/cloth frame screen will go in front of the TV/sound system for movies and sport.

If I go with any of the alternatives (500, Z2, H30) then I'll have to put the PJ on a coffee table. This means trailing wires, more set up time and having to find child proof storage when not in use. This would push the projector from a practical proposition to a pain in the backside for my partner. Ceiling mounting is not an option, it's over 3 metres up.

The excellent reviews (What Home Cinema, Home Cinema Choice) of the PJ-TX10 suggest that the TX100 won't be a bad buy but I'd like some confirmation before I jump right in.

At the moment I have the cash waiting but I'm unlikely to get enough free time to do extensive demos so I'm going to have to rely on reviews and may be a single trip to confirm that the projector will cut it before I part with my money.

I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread/forum as the end of May approaches (Nexnix are advertising stock on the 24th).

That is really disappointing. The 2x zoom to allow a longer throw would have been the key thing separating the TX100 from its competitors.

The Epson TW200 has virtually the exact same throw distance and zoom (101" diagonal at 4.6m). Epson has a great reputation for pic quality and meeting its specs.

The TW200 has had great initial reviews on AVSforum. Comments have said its pic is as good as the HS20 for less cash (and lens shift) and better than the Z2.

Why no 2x zoom hitachi? The market really needed a 720 LCD projector with a longer throw.

akarit1 & equaliser,

I apologise for my behaviour.

I also truly hope that Hitachi can come up with a Z2 and 500 beater. As you guys say, the vertical and horizontal zoom, and the eventual sealed optics, if it was really good, then you get a extremely good pj.

I am already a pj owner, so I won't change for a few years.

Wasabi

Hey Wasabi its ok, no problem.
I hope that this pj meets peoples expectations as well.If it does not then we've still got the z2 and panny 500, but I'm just so curious about it that I will be trawling thru anything I can see on the net about this particular pj.
But boy does it look and sound attractive!

No problems Wasabi.

I'm a bit peeved with the zoom as well. It will be close to max to work in the setup i intend. Hmmmm problems problems problems.

I marked out a 100" (2.5m) diagonal screen at home last night and decided it was going to be just too big to be enjoyable. :(

I'm really gutted now - on paper (with a 2.0 zoom) this was just the right combination of features, price etc.
The only PJ that has a long enough throw/zoom is the TX10 but I wanted something with a higher resolution.

Anyone got any alternatives with a bigger than 1.6 zoom?

Amc,
thanks for your link,the pdf on that site was the best bit of info to date and very helpful,at least from this people can engage in whether its for them or not.I gather that it does'nt have the long throw lens that was wanted by many people.on a personal level though,I have very little space and the distance from lens to screen will be approx 9'and 1-3"so it looks like it may be suitable for me as I envisage between 6' to 7' feet wide screen or thereabouts.Seating will be approx 10 feet from screen.

Glad this going to be of interest to someone :)

Spondle's link is also very informative if you run it through http://babelfish.altavista.com you can make quite a lot of sense out of the information. I now have more respect for the VCR instructions I got in the 80's Japanses to English is no mean translation!

It appears that the contrast ratio can be brought up to 1200:1 at the expense of brightness or the brightness up to 1200 ANSI Lumens (presumably at the expense of contrast). Very flexible, but a pity about the amount of zoom available.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom