hitach 42pd6600

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by saradean, Mar 21, 2006.

1. saradean

saradean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bought tv end off jan 2006 and then called away to work got back 2 weeks ago set telly up first problem only ext1,ext2 works bright pictures brilliant when it gets darker there is a grid of green or red dots covering most of the tv, (bought it from comet) engineer turned up today his coment about the dots was thats the speck of the tv, I hope it is a connection problem but somehow doubt it, as for the 2 inputs working he tried to connect my hdd player with the component cables ( he probably didnt believe I had already spent 4 days trying to get the damn thing to work) said hmm and left, phoned me an hour later and said an anorak would call 2moro. called comet and asked if I could upgrade and was told I had had tv to long, anybody had these problems with a hitachi 42pd6600 and if so was it solved, I am a bit worried I am going to be stuck with a duff tv

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Lots have had the trouble, lots have not, some have had them fixed. I think that sums it up fairly. You need to be firm with Comet, mention trading standards and fit for purpose. It's a TV, it should work, and it should not have speckles.

3. windie

windie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Maw, as usual sums it up quite succinctly.

Argue your case but do not get too stroppy with them, I always imagine how I would react on the other end of the phone line if someone got too stroppy when I was trying to help them. I would just be as awkward as possible when dealing with there problem. This obviously does'nt always work, but it does'nt hurt to be polite.

Good luck hope you get a replacement.

Windie

4. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    try to get an upgrade ticket for a 42pd7200 :thumbsup:

Cheerz :hiya:

5. saradean

saradean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its going back 2moro 7200 in its place fair play to comet cheers guys

6. saradean

saradean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    comet delivered new 7200 yesterday no extra charge I am one happy bunny picture is awsome even in dark scenes

7. tony-mac

tony-mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having problems with my 42pd6600 , they have allready replaced it once , but I'm going to let them try to fix it , so that if it goes wrong again I can ask for a different model , and hopefully by then the 42pd6700 should be out , I just hope its completely different on the inside .