1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitach 42PD3000 question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LeonidS, May 4, 2003.

1. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Almost made a decision to buy Pio 433MXE but becuase Nexnix didn't have them in stock I had extra week to think about.

Yesterday been to London and saw number of screens at Harrods.
    I have seen Pio 433 HDE and actually didn't like it there. Ok, maybe setup was not ideal.

Hitachi 42PD3000 was not bad at all and taking into account current prices I can buy it for 3100 ( including everything I need )which significantly cheaper then Pio.

when I saw demonstation at Nexnix - this screen was worst then Pio, Panny and PMA400.

So really difficult choice : :suicide:

So question about PD3000 -
    1. is it really very noisy.
    2. Is black is better then Pio's
    3. Picture was a bit grainy ... sometimes ... any comments here?
    4. Does this screen has the same anti-burn features as PMA400 version.
    5. Any other bad things about this screen.

Any other comments will be helpful

Thank you all.

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am a newbie here but I have all but decided on the 42PD3000 too. Price, resolution and the included stand, speakers and tuner is driving me down that path. Just by coincidnce I e-mailled Hitachi today and one of my questions was the same as your number 4. I await their reply...

3. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What e-mail address did you use? I want to ask them some questions as well.

Please post their reply.

4. mwltuk

mwltuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    empire direct now selling Hitachi C42PD3000 at £3,009

5. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    According to the Hitachidigitalmedia website the 42PMA400E has two extra screen saver functions over the C42PD3000 namely APC - the ability to reduce the brightness on logos etc after a period - and a "reversal display function" described in reviews as being like a photo negative whether this is automatic or not is not stated.

Both screens have a white display function and a pixel slider screen saver.

Having had a CRT rear projection set for 5 years with no screen burn problems and now having no young children watching endless hours of cartoons with fixed logos I have opted for the C42PD3000 for the extra convenience of the tuner box but YMMV.

ChrisE

6. kenny.c

kenny.c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just ordered my pd3000 yesterday to arrive on Tuesday ill agree with Chrise. The extra convenience of the tuner box did it for me and to be honest the picture looked fantastic!! I spent the best part of an hour with various DVD's trying to find and real bad point of the PQ and failed. Blacks were brillaint even with a reasonable contrast setting and no sign of pixelation that I noticed. And to be honest if im happy with it im not that bothered if a pio or panny screen is 1% better here or there, cos the price and service I got im very happy with.

Just one point on a slightly differant subject:-

I went to the cinema to watch X-men2 last night and as sad as it seems I found myself paying perticular attention to the PQ! And to my amazment I can honestly say the blacks were never actually black!! Even in the darkest scenes there was a grey sheen to everything. So why should you expect a plasma sceen to show perfect black levels??

7. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I hope you like it when it arrives - particularly as mine arrives Wednesday from John Lewis Reading.

I assume the screen you saw was reasonably quiet (no loud buzzes etc.) the two 32 inch ones I saw were silent

8. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

I used the form mail page on the contact s page of the Hitachi Digital Media website.

9. kenny.c

kenny.c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt notice any buzzing, and I did stick my head behind the panel to check that very thing out! As with any electrical item there was a slight backgound buzz but no more than my current Panny CRT. I just cannot wait to get it set up!