Hit an illegally parked van - MY FAULT!!!!

MartinImber

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just brought the caravan home from storage.

While trying to get it into our drive I hit a van parked on the corner and on the pavement.

Thought not too bad - his insurance will cover it - so phoned up my insurances 24 hour help line - I AM LIABLE :mad: :eek: :mad: :( :thumbsdow

Now this is not nice as I can usually get in no problem but this illegally parked van caused me problems

The awning strip ripped off his door handle, crunched his door and broke the mirror.

My caravan has a dented awning rail and a small dent in the side.

Very very annoying!!!!

You will be considered at fault for the incident as the vehicle - whether legally parked or otherwise - was their to be seen and avoided. The only cases where there is a case to argue is if they are parked on or immediately after a sharp bend but even in these cases the case law says you would still be at least 70% at fault.

MRW said:
You tow a caravan and expect sympathy?

:rotfl:

Of course - the van driver is not a member of AVFORUMS

Yes it is very annoying - big shouting match as my wife has trouble getting the children top school past cars and vans parked on the pavement.

2 people didn't shout - me and the the van driver :rolleyes:

I will lose 1 years no claims about £50

Pain in the *rse. Could have been worse though.

£50 is not so bad.

Maybe you'll sell/drive the caravan off a cliff now?

spocktra said:
Nope wasnt me,i am absolutely not- white van man.

This one was a blue Renault

Real pita last night - turned up our road and BMW on left and a boring thing on right next to mad vicar.

Overgrown hedges further on then vans parked where the rear end swings out! :mad:

Dr Diversity said:
Must be a drag owning a caravan :(

Not too bad - a lot cheaper than renting a house, just the heavy fuel consumption while getting there, did you know my car can do 75mph in second?

Did you know that a car and caravan has a better power to weight ratio than a heavily overloaded people carrier.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom