1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIT 500E COMP vs HD15

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Galaxy, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi All,

Just for your information, I have been using the HD15 input for DVD component for a few days now since I got the screen, today I made up some leads finally for DVD component to component input via the video board.........absolutely no difference at all!
    I changed from HD15 in to Comp Board in so I could play audio through screen without using the amp.
    I am not sure if I expected to see any difference, but I didnt anyway!

Best regards David

2. MR2Harvey

MR2Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Interesting, I'm thinking of using the HD15 input for my new DVD player when I get it. I don't have the luxury of all your connections with the 500. Currently using the component input switched to RGB sync on composite. However this is fine for the SKY+ and also gives a good picture with DVD but I am daisy chaining the DVD through a Free to Air Digital Satellite reveiver and then onto SKY+, a straight connection to the screen would be better I think. When you are using the HD15 connection are you outputing in progressive scan mode? From what I thought of the 400E it needs an input of 30+ khz to work, interlance is 15.6 I believe, progressive should give double the frequency and hence work?

Harvey

3. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Harvey,

I am just outputing normal component on my Sony 7-- whatever it is! sorry I cant remember the number, this si the first time I have used it for a couple of years! before getting the plasma we viewed all our DVD's through the HTPC and projector, as far as I can recall the Sony just outputs standard Component.
    When I questioned Hitachi on the best way to view through the 400E they never mentioned progressive scan at all, I think I read somewhere in these threads about the Alis screens not needing/taking progressive as the way they work negates the process (something to do with the line doubling already used by the screen).

Best regards David