1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hissing Sound

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Loon, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Loon

Loon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having sound problems with my TV and surround sound kit. Both of them produce a faint hiss from the speakers. The way I look at it something is interfering with them but I am at a loss as to what it can be. I have tried what I would regard as logical potential problems (changed Scart leads, made sure all cables are away from power cables e.t.c) to no avail.
    Both are JVC the TV being AV-32T4S and the DVD/Surroundsound XVTH-S3 (I think).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
    :rtfm: Oh even did this as well :)

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Hello Loon. :)

Just how bad is the hissing?

I'm sure you realise that, unless you spend mega-bucks, some hiss is always going to be present. :lesson:

Do you hear it from normal viewing distance (in which case there's definately something wrong) or is it with your ear against the speaker?

It would also be helpful if you could test whether the hiss varies with the volume control.

3. Loon

Loon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thks for the reply.

The hiss is not related to volume. I can hear it when the volume is low and speakers are inactive. What sort of things are likely to cause this? The fact I can hear it from the TV speakers lead me to think that something is interfering but being a bit of a novice at these sort of of things I am at a loss as to what.

Rob