Question Hissing noise when using headphone jack

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Iskandryu, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Iskandryu

Iskandryu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i recently bought an LG 49UH668V, and i chose this model mainly for the headphone output jack, because i use the headphones a lot.

But i'm kinda bummed because it has a really annoying problem: there's hissing and all sorts of digital noises whenever a sound plays. To make it clear - it's not constant static, that could have me believe it's an electrical interference, or grounding problem. It's more like bad compression artifacts. When the scene is quiet, there's no noise, but whenever a sound plays, it leaves a weird digital hiss in it's wake. It's most prevalent with droning, or low intensity noises, say the sound of a running fan, or if someone speaks in a quiet environment, or footsteps on a quiet street, or strings on a film soundtrack. If there are lots of sounds, the noise is absent, or not apparent anymore.

Maybe another way to describe it would be that it does this hiss whenever it goes from no sound to sound, and vice-versa.

Any idea what could cause it? Is it just bad manufacturing? Is there a workaround for it?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +670
    What's the make and model of your headphones?

3. Iskandryu

Iskandryu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the headphones are a pair of Creative Aurvana Live! But they're ok. I connect them to my computer as well, and the sound is good. This only happens with this TV. I had a Samsung TV about a year ago, and i used it's headphone jack with the same phones, and there was no hiss or anything.

4. Orionis5

Orionis5
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You connect headphones directly or extension cable ?