Hiss with Infinity speakers and Marantz sr4200

G

garrick

Hi

I recently brought a new pair of Infinity Alpha front speakers and Infinity Primus Center speakers. I have a marantz sr4200 receiver and noticed that this is this hiss..hissing sound coming out only from the tweeter of the front speakers. It turn louder as the volume go up. But when I press mute while playing CD/DVD/Tuner, no hiss at all. That's quite different from the usual case that I know from other threads. I have tried unplug all inputs to my receiver and power up just that and it still hiss. I also tried re-do the interconnect but no luck. The infinity center is dead quite (even at high vol) but not the front. If the culprit is sr4200, why doesn't the center hiss? :confused:

It is very annoying, I can heard the sound about 1 meter away when the volume turn up to 0 to -5 db. :( Could anyone tell me how to solve this?

I'm on my second SR-5300, all six channels hiss on mine, possibly yours is faulty ? :)
If you try another, you shouldn't hear the hiss apparently, mine is waiting to be replaced with a third unit.

Does that means most if not all marantz receiver hiss? :confused: What do all marantz owners out there say. How many have since replaced 'hiss' marantz with one that doen't? Just trying to know is hiss a usual stuff you get in a marantz amp.

The only thing I don't understand is why doesn't the center hiss? Only the front hiss? Could that be other cause than the receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom