Hisense U8QF TV Review & Comments

In these discussions you try to convince your readers that something is broken. And why is it not so in Germany? And why in the German review it is written literally:

''Conclusion
In short, we have never seen such a brilliant, rich and colorful picture in this price range. And this is still the most important argument for deciding to buy a TV''

I know who to trust. And I trust Gary Winston Lineker , but not the avforums.
And yes, it's just a discussion about a TV. I've watched your other ratings and I'm looking forward to the next ones.
I hope then it is not something else.

In these discussions you try to convince your readers that something is broken. And why is it not so in Germany? And why in the German review it is written literally:
No one is trying to convince anyone. You can believe what you want and others can believe what they want. Its highly subjective.
I know who to trust. And I trust Gary Winston Lineker , but not the avforums.
And yes, it's just a discussion about a TV. I've watched your other ratings and I'm looking forward to the next ones.
I hope then it is not something else.
You are clearly happy with the TV, so I'm not sure why you are still posting in this thread. You have a valid point, but there's no point arguing. The point is any motion is subjective, and just because a review mentions it, does not mean everyone will.

As you say, other reviews didn't mention it, so probably they didn't see it. We have seen one positive review in the UK (AVforums) and one negative (HDTVtest). Overall its very positive given the price.

And in case you didn't notice the TV was recommended by AVforums, so I have no idea why you don't trust its opinion.

In my opinion there is no better TV in that price range. In Croatia 930€ with 5 year warranty (65U8QF). This is 2020 year model and undoubtly there is space for improvement that I'm pretty sure is coming with future updates. There is no perfect TV even in much higher price range.

Cleaned up the thread since it wasn't going anywhere. Stop with the stupid bickering please or there will be further thread bans and infractions on accounts.

Debate is always welcome, arguing, bickering or false convictions are not.

In my opinion there is no better TV in that price range. In Croatia 930€ with 5 year warranty (65U8QF). This is 2020 year model and undoubtly there is space for improvement that I'm pretty sure is coming with future updates. There is no perfect TV even in much higher price range.
On paper it's an incredible deal. Just a shame these awesome specs are let down by poor implementation.

Still a decent tv even with it's faults though and I'll probably keep mine for the time being.
Gaming is good enough and enjoyable, plus I now have an Nvidia Shield hooked up so I no longer have to deal with the (quite frankly) crappy UI and smart features.

Has anyone played fifa or pes on this tv?

What is it like when you do a long ball. On my current bang average 4 year old 4k tv it does well. However, on someone elses more modern tv, there was noticable blur when doing quick long passes.

Ive bought 65 U8QF from costco for around £830 few weeks back. I'm really impresed with picture and sound quality. It has been great upgrade from my LG 49UH650V .

Has anyone got calibration? do I really need one? Should I pay for it? I really dont know what to expect and if it's worh it?

thank you

Has anyone got calibration? do I really need one? Should I pay for it? I really dont know what to expect and if it's worh it?
Read the review to see the samples out of the box accuracy and to determine whether you want to pay for pro calibration.

One thing is for sure, even if the settings were copied from the review or a different TV, you wouldn't get the same results on your TV. Every TV is different, and pro calibration would need to be performed on your TV.

Ive bought 65 U8QF from costco for around £830 few weeks back. I'm really impresed with picture and sound quality. It has been great upgrade from my LG 49UH650V .

thank you

One thing is for sure, even if the settings were copied from the review or a different TV, you wouldn't get the same results on your TV. Every TV is different, and pro calibration would need to be performed on your TV.
I think all peoples talk about not TV Calibration, talk about best settings for SDR|HDR...
Because TV can't normally display a picture with a moving car or fast approach, distance of objects -so...
Need test and answers what the best for :

For Console I switch off all, except (adaptive Contrast and backlight )

I also picked up this TV from Costco, the 65” for £839 and must say that it’s the best value for money TV I’ve ever had! I’ve had my fair share of mid range TVs over the last few years and while I’m not an expert at all, I’m very pleased with this purchase. If you are like me, a bit of a geek but not completely anal about the small details, go for it.

It’s bright.
Settings out of the box are very good for the average guy.
Sound is good.
Menu is very simple to use.
Blacks are very good when upgrading from a normal LCD tv (TCL DP748)
Uses my 4K Apple TV at it’s full potential with Dolby vision!

Only issue I have at the moment... The setup for Alexa crashes and cannot figure out how to go past “step 3” of the setup.

Last edited:
Because TV can't normally display a picture with a moving car or fast approach, distance of objects -so...
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you refer to motion settings you should try different presets and see which works for you. The film preset is certainly best used for films, but you must turn it off if you are using TV since it has a problem in this mode with 50fps material.

But some people complain about motion problems with the TV, so it may be undefeatable without an update. If you have a problem, contact Hisense for a resolution as they have already given other users an updated firmware which some have reported helps with the TVs problems.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you refer to motion settings you should try different presets and see which works for you. The film preset is certainly best used for films, but you must turn it off if you are using TV since it has a problem in this mode with 50fps material.
Discovery Chanel HD
" Wheeler Dealers"
via App
Then start TV show - on screen arrive cars, moment then bloodshot eyes. Try Film, Clear - same...

Hi guys, we have the Q8 in Australia which is a very similar TV. I've seen a few people mention the screen black out issue and it's actually been fixed with the Q8 via a FRC update not OTA - have you guys contact hisense about this? Possibly a fix is available for U8QF.

Last edited:
Yes.

However, Hisense doesn't overcharge as much as other manufacturers at launch and discount less as time goes on.

And from reading the review, while it's a good TV at the price, I'd rather pay the same for a superior Samsung or Sony that's currently £1500 in 9 months time if I didn't need a new TV now.

Just the other week ago you could pick up a Panasonic 55" OLED for £950 which was £1799 at launch. I know what I'd rather have.

Where was this Panasonic that you speak of?

Discovery Chanel HD
" Wheeler Dealers"
via App
Then start TV show - on screen arrive cars, moment then bloodshot eyes. Try Film, Clear - same...
Not sure, but its not uncommon to have problems with built in apps more than the tuner. Could be the app that is in the wrong. Try using the app or website separately.

Guys which one do you think is better Samsung Q80t (European model) or Hisense u8qf, i hesitate between these two as my usage will be Movies(with subtitles!!) tv shows sports and youtube HDR performance is important
i don't have interest in gaming and hdm 2.1.

Guys which one do you think is better Samsung Q80t (European model) or Hisense u8qf, i hesitate between these two as my usage will be Movies(with subtitles!!) tv shows sports and youtube HDR performance is important
Maybe consider the smart-system with the apps availability.
And what if the tv gets broke.. with parts..

Samsung is perhaps the more refined TV, subtitles for SDR shouldn't be an issue on either TV but with HDR, where backlight is on full the Samsung will cope better because its dimmer and the local dimming is more established. On the other hand, because the Hisense gets a lot better and the Q80T Samsung lacks their better anti glare filter, the Hisense will be better in a bright room.

The Hisense however will definitely be the more striking of the two with HDR reaching 1250 nits compared to the Samsung's 850 nits. Therefore if the Hisense will be the TV that will wow you most with HDR content.

Where the Samsung gains over the Hisense is with picture processing, overall its a stronger TV when it comes to upscaling so when you view regular TV and sports, the Samsung would be better.

You'll have to decide which is more important, because you have mixed viewing. If HDR is priority, go for the Hisense, if its not and regular TV and sport is more important, go for the Samsung.

It's worth considering with sport on the agenda there are reported problems with both Q80T and Hisense U8Q from some users. So you may be best going for a Sony TV instead...although its questionable you will even notice these issues as some people don't. Sadly if you go with Sony though you will be between the Sony XH9005 which has even dimmer HDR than the Samsung, or the higher tier XH9505 or an OLED.

Be careful when reading reviews online of the Q80T. The only review I've seen that isn't reviewing the American version is the HDTVtest one. All other English reviews are for a different TV. The North American Q80T is more like the Q85T in Europe.

Samsung is perhaps the more refined TV, subtitles for SDR shouldn't be an issue on either TV but with HDR, where backlight is on full the Samsung will cope better because its dimmer and the local dimming is more established. On the other hand, because the Hisense gets a lot better and the Q80T Samsung lacks their better anti glare filter, the Hisense will be better in a bright room.

The Hisense however will definitely be the more striking of the two with HDR reaching 1250 nits compared to the Samsung's 850 nits. Therefore if the Hisense will be the TV that will wow you most with HDR content.

Where the Samsung gains over the Hisense is with picture processing, overall its a stronger TV when it comes to upscaling so when you view regular TV and sports, the Samsung would be better.

You'll have to decide which is more important, because you have mixed viewing. If HDR is priority, go for the Hisense, if its not and regular TV and sport is more important, go for the Samsung.

It's worth considering with sport on the agenda there are reported problems with both Q80T and Hisense U8Q from some users. So you may be best going for a Sony TV instead...although its questionable you will even notice these issues as some people don't. Sadly if you go with Sony though you will be between the Sony XH9005 which has even dimmer HDR than the Samsung, or the higher tier XH9505 or an OLED.

Be careful when reading reviews online of the Q80T. The only review I've seen that isn't reviewing the American version is the HDTVtest one. All other English reviews are for a different TV. The North American Q80T is more like the Q85T in Europe.
i am aware of the reviews from youtube and i found a few from europe but the problem is that there isn't many videos and comparisons about U8QF, only HDTVtest and a few other non professionals so it's hard to imagine the picture quality between them

samsung is indeed more refined and this worries me about U8QF motion problems, ghosting, not so good upscaling although i probably won't watch regular TV channels often

my usage will be about equal on all of the content, movies shows sports and youtube
if only there is more information from people who have u8qf and would like to share the flaws of the tv
like fore example the specs says the panel is 120hz but some people and HDTV test also says that the tv is displaying just 60hz? and from there is the worse motion??

i am aware of the reviews from youtube and i found a few from europe but the problem is that there isn't many videos and comparisons about U8QF, only HDTVtest and a few other non professionals so it's hard to imagine the picture quality between them

samsung is indeed more refined and this worries me about U8QF motion problems, ghosting, not so good upscaling although i probably won't watch regular TV channels often

my usage will be about equal on all of the content, movies shows sports and youtube
if only there is more information from people who have u8qf and would like to share the flaws of the tv
like fore example the specs says the panel is 120hz but some people and HDTV test also says that the tv is displaying just 60hz? and from there is the worse motion??
There are reported problems with motion on both Samsung's 2020 QLED LCD TVs and the U8Q, some people notice them, some don't. Sony remain the best if motion is top priority I think.

The 120hz thing is just talking about what input signal you can send the TV, its has no relevance for your usage and is only useful for gamers/PC users.

TVs that have 120hz panels do not necessarily have 120hz panels so they can receive a 120hz signal, they have them to reduce motion blur in general, and to have the ability to use motion interpolation to insert more artificially created frames.

Basically when comparing other similarly priced TVs to U8Q it comes down to what you want more from a TV.

If you value upscaling, how the quality of poor material looks and the smart system, go with the Samsung Q80T. Downside is picture accuracy in HDR mode, no Dolby Vision HDR support, quite dim HDR performance and reported motion issues. TV has 1x HDMI 2.1 port and 3x HDMI 2.0 port.

If you value sheer HDR performance, go for the Hisense. It is also future proof with both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. Downside is reported motion issues, poor out of the box picture accuracy, basic smart TV and the TV only using HDMI 2.0 ports.

If you value motion ahead of anything, go for the Sony XH9005. It also is pretty future proof with 4x HDMI 2.1 ports and Dolby Vision. Downside is dim HDR.

Owners who've posted in this thread and elsewhere that own the U8Q are generally very happy, but hopefully someone who owns the TV can also give you a reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom