Hisense U8QF TV Review & Comments

charlton111

Hello guys,

I'll really appreciate your feedback on the topic.

So I can get the 65" U8QF for 800 euros at the moment which is basically a steal.

Two things are still stopping me from going all the way through

1. Some users have shared concerns of lifter blacks with latest software update
2. 8bit+FRC downgrading the HDR performance (since "real" hdr requires 10bit panel on paper at least)

Can anybody confirm or deny any of the above.

Thanks in advance!
Where's that as I can't find it for under £1000?

Ordinadim

Standard Member
Personally, I love it. I went from a 65 TCL to this. The sound is better, the picture is better, the brightness is better so cannot complain for one bit. As for the motion issue, I’m not an expert, all I can say is that it does not trouble me much but can notice it. I’ve just updated to the K0901 minutes ago so too early to say as the pictures settings went back to default... I just finished watching Gardian of the Galaxy 2 in 4K Dolby vision and it looked VERY GOOD!

As for the OS, I solely use the 4K Apple TV as I watch streamed TV with MyCANAL and Molotov TV (the frenchies out there will now what this is). Plus Netflix, Amazon and Disney....

In my opinion, for the price, it cannot be beaten at the moment!

rassa

I bought the 65inch since day one and must admit worth every penny, totally disagree with this score, must be more then pure testing the product.

TomTunnylane

Novice Member
I have just bought a Hisense 65U8QF and have done a few tests on settings. See attached.
I got the K0901 software upgrade 2 days ago so the settings are based on that. My TV is connected via HDMI 1 ARC to a Sony sound stand with ARC HDMI and I have 3 boxes connected to it - PS3, Sky+ HD (soon to become a Sky Q) and BT Youview. I also have a Firestick 4K connected to HDMI 2 and an old Sony DVR connected to HDMI 3. I have only tested the Firestick and ARC so far and even then only a few options.
Since the upgrade I found that a lot of the default settings are OK (at least to me). The most variation comes from adjusting Backlight and Low Dimming and less so Ultra Smooth Motion, Noise and MPEG Reduction and Gamma Adjustment in Expert Settings.
Ive not seen the blurring or motion issues to the extent that folks have commented. There was some slight blurring but it was eradicated via the settings.
Worth noting that I don't have fibre broadband so can't get full 4K epecially on Netflix but I do get upscaled FHD and that looks good to me.
With my setup Ive a myriad of options esp for apps and I'll be testing Prime and Youtube in due course but will prob wait until my Sky Q arrives next week. BTW I did test Freeplay through the aerial then lost the results but the HD channels were great without adjustment.
I had a Samsung before this and at first was iffy about the U8QF but now I am in no doubt. It is a great TV at a great price esp at the moment.

Attachments

• Hisense 65U8FUK K0901 Settings 2.pdf
    434.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Hisense 65U8FUK K0901 Settings.pdf
    437.8 KB · Views: 113

Leonslaptop

Novice Member
I have just bought a Hisense 65U8QF and have done a few tests on settings. See attached.
I got the K0901 software upgrade 2 days ago so the settings are based on that. My TV is connected via HDMI 1 ARC to a Sony sound stand with ARC HDMI and I have 3 boxes connected to it - PS3, Sky+ HD (soon to become a Sky Q) and BT Youview. I also have a Firestick 4K connected to HDMI 2 and an old Sony DVR connected to HDMI 3. I have only tested the Firestick and ARC so far and even then only a few options.
Since the upgrade I found that a lot of the default settings are OK (at least to me). The most variation comes from adjusting Backlight and Low Dimming and less so Ultra Smooth Motion, Noise and MPEG Reduction and Gamma Adjustment in Expert Settings.
Ive not seen the blurring or motion issues to the extent that folks have commented. There was some slight blurring but it was eradicated via the settings.
Worth noting that I don't have fibre broadband so can't get full 4K epecially on Netflix but I do get upscaled FHD and that looks good to me.
With my setup Ive a myriad of options esp for apps and I'll be testing Prime and Youtube in due course but will prob wait until my Sky Q arrives next week. BTW I did test Freeplay through the aerial then lost the results but the HD channels were great without adjustment.
I had a Samsung before this and at first was iffy about the U8QF but now I am in no doubt. It is a great TV at a great price esp at the moment.

Hi Tom, the one thing that was putting me off this was the motion judder people talk about, do you think that it's ok for sport? I was swayed towards the XH9005 by Sony but since reading your review am persuaded by the Hisense again..

M1987

Anyone on here ordered the U8QF online from Costco, if you have how long does delivery take? ordered one yesterday and all I have had is a text and email saying they will contact me in the next 4-5 business days and delivery within 10 days which is a bit slow compared to other places that sell it

nothingnegated

Standard Member
Is there any chance they'll ever update it to display 120frames, I don't understand why they use a 120hz capable panel but only display half the input.

Is this something that can be fixed with firmware updates?

TomTunnylane

Novice Member
Hi Tom, the one thing that was putting me off this was the motion judder people talk about, do you think that it's ok for sport? I was swayed towards the XH9005 by Sony but since reading your review am persuaded by the Hisense again..
I hadn't seen it til last night watching live rugby on Amazon Prime when there was a little. I tried to reduce it by setting US Motion Custom Judder to high but there was still a bit. Funny though it was the caption juddering not the actual match. I have not seen judder or motion blur watching live football on BT Sport app via my 4K Firestick. Look I'm no expert but to me any problems i get are because I watch UHD via apps but dont have fibre broadband speeds. If i were you I'd buy tv online from say Richer Sounds who give a 14 day min return period and test it out. Its just dropped £50 for Black Friday so I'm going to claim it via their Price Beat policy. Im finding what other people have said that I'm spending so much time fiddling with the many settings to get an absolutely perfect picture that is prob unattainable anyway rather than just enjoying it.

Riko1220

Novice Member
I hadn't seen it til last night watching live rugby on Amazon Prime when there was a little. I tried to reduce it by setting US Motion Custom Judder to high but there was still a bit. Funny though it was the caption juddering not the actual match. I have not seen judder or motion blur watching live football on BT Sport app via my 4K Firestick
Today i found this video on youtube this red ghosting is the other problem with this tv but it's not sure how many u8qf are affected
under the video that guy says he have this on netflix and amazon prime too
have you seen that sort of problems in your tv?
this stops me from buying it also

M1987

Today i found this video on youtube this red ghosting is the other problem with this tv but it's not sure how many u8qf are affected
under the video that guy says he have this on netflix and amazon prime too
have you seen that sort of problems in your tv?
this stops me from buying it also
There was a firmware update that fixed it

Jarman

Standard Member
Hi all. Wanted some advice please

I am getting a replacement tv from my insurer. I am torn between the U8QF or Q60T

which is the better tv?

Any advice please?

M1987

Hi all. Wanted some advice please

I am getting a replacement tv from my insurer. I am torn between the U8QF or Q60T

which is the better tv?

Any advice please?
The Q60t if you want hdmi 2.1 and earc or the U8QF if you want a proper hdr tv. the U8QF can go up to 1500 nits, the Q60t is only 500 so I would say the U8QF is a much better tv

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett