Hisense u8qf owners

TV with 120Hz refresh matrix, but HDMI 2.0
So, 120 on 4K - no.
If you talk about 1080@120 - maybe.
I know technically we should have 120hz but it was broken at release. The TV would accept the signal but did nothing with it other than skip some frames.

What's his face who does the hdtvtest videos on YouTube showed in his review how broken 120hz was.

Has that all been fixed? Can anyone with a Series X or gaming PC chime in?

I know technically we should have 120hz but it was broken at release. The TV would accept the signal but did nothing with it other than skip some frames.

What's his face who does the hdtvtest videos on YouTube showed in his review how broken 120hz was.

Has that all been fixed? Can anyone with a Series X or gaming PC chime in?
In tech spec can't find any word about 120Hz on HDMI.
IMG_20210502_092837.jpg
4K@60 or 1080@120 what better on 4K TV?

I'm actually very impressed now. Motion OK and red ghosting minimum. However I can't adjust the colours on my set. Dolby vision and no matter how high or low the setting is it remains the same. Surely this isn't normal!

EDIT it appears I can adjust in dolby vision custom. But not bright or dark.

Last edited:
Custom motion with judder on 1 and blur on 0. And as daft as it sounds I ordered some new 8k hdmi cables for my fire cube and ps5 and they have helped with the motion. I appreciate his daft it sounds but for some reason they have. Resi 8 was making me feel motion sick but now it's fine. Only thing that's changed is the cable.

Hasn't gone completely. But things sure do look and feel better. Didn't see any red ghosting at all on return of the king 4k.

Don't have either of those mate. It was terrible on resi 8 but hardly notice it now.

Red ghosting back with a vengeance today! It's going back as I simply can't put up with it. Oled 805 ordered. It's so hit and miss but when it's there it's really there

Anyone constantly having to switch back to normal HDMI tgen back to enhanced again
Firestick 4k us terrible for it
Also Amazon prime off the inbuilt app not displaying 4k ?
Nd aa for picture settings to one input ir all doesn't do anything
And WiFi is terrible also ethernet
Love my TV but definitely some cons !

Anyone constantly having to switch back to normal HDMI tgen back to enhanced again
Firestick 4k us terrible for it
Also Amazon prime off the inbuilt app not displaying 4k ?
Nd aa for picture settings to one input ir all doesn't do anything
And WiFi is terrible also ethernet
Love my TV but definitely some cons !

I'd try this:

Update firmware, if there is new one
Unplug all HDMI devices
Factory reset TV to default settings
Switch off Fast Boot

I just got mine and it works perfectly

I asked if
Any particular reason why they sent you this new firmware, it's still not showing vie regular update.

Also, what preest/settings work best for you?
There was any new updates. And it's sent via USB from hisense. Always use cinema modes. Will post my settings up later.

I asked if
There was any new updates. And it's sent via USB from hisense. Always use cinema modes. Will post my settings up later.

Cool, I'll contact them for new firmware.

Thanks for taking time to post setting once you find the time.

i have a problem sony htrt3 5.1 attached to the hdmi arc .... if i select dolby or dolby digital plus you don't universally satellites speakers with no source .... if i select pcm or pass-through it's ok but the audio is obviously not dolby. ..how to solve?

i have a problem sony htrt3 5.1 attached to the hdmi arc .... if i select dolby or dolby digital plus you don't universally satellites speakers with no source .... if i select pcm or pass-through it's ok but the audio is obviously not dolby. ..how to solve?

i though passtrough would send untouched signal to your soundbar, that should process it as long as it has coded needed?

Hello everyone!
Do you know if the red ghosting problem has been solved on the models now on sale? Thanks!

Purchased the 55 inch version of this last night from Costco on a very good deal. Coming from a Sony 55 XF9005 which was damaged during my most recent move.

Looking forward to it arriving and getting it setup. Will attempt a basic 'calibration' using my Picture Perfect usb stick with test patterns etc and colour filter cards (lol!).

I managed to gain a really good understanding of how the Motion controls worked on my Sony so I'm looking forward to trying to get a good grip of the Motion options on this Hisense when it arrives.

Mine has arrived and I ma setting it up now!

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_132332.jpg
    IMG_20210622_132332.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 138

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom