Hisense u8qf owners

Good evening!
FW L0301 ready to use.
Must fix some problems with DNLA

Did you notice any improvements?
I test RG and DNLA - main problems for me.
Are lot of features don`t work in UA ))) so, no problem.

But can try check, write please.

About RG and DNLA:
  • more RG in contents
  • DNLA, better work with video with subtitle, but can drop service and don't see network shares.
So, PROBLEMS vs SOLUTIONS - 2 : 0.5

I test RG and DNLA - main problems for me.
Are lot of features don`t work in UA ))) so, no problem.

But can try check, write please.

About RG and DNLA:
  • more RG in contents
  • DNLA, better work with video with subtitle, but can drop service and don't see network shares.
So, PROBLEMS vs SOLUTIONS - 2 : 0.5
I did not notice any change. But in my set RG is not problem. At least not for me. For streaming from laptop I prefer Plex and this work pretty good.

After having some time with a Samsung q95 I can honestly say this u8 is a mental TV and packs so much for alot less. And no dolby vision on the Samsung is a big miss. Blacks on this set I would say are better than the Samsung but I do love the one connect box on the Sammy.

New firmware installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_150014.jpg
    IMG_20210412_150014.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 964
Not sure what's added to be honest. But all seems great so far..

Never had L331 only k1112 and now this.

How are people getting on with the tvs and issues the have like red, blur can honestly say I don't have this issue. Have tried many things people say to see it and nothing at all.

How are people getting on with the tvs and issues the have like red, blur can honestly say I don't have this issue. Have tried many things people say to see it and nothing at all.
Any problem
Division 2, PS4, Hisense L0301
Profile: Night
All config default, HDMI Enchanced

DLNA Magic from TV.
1. Open new session without close previous
2. "mark" session as open

3. Can't show MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 29.97fps 35130kbps [V: DJI.AVC [eng] (h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 35130 kb/s)]

FW L0416 Debug

WTF_DLNA.png

Some news on the TCON front. @HisenseCA informed me that they have a new TCON board. It is supposed to perform better but needs a separate FW update (think this might be related to the upcoming OTA). The local Hisense repair subcontractor got the board yesterday (great guy and he remembered me from the 2 previous replacements) and was able to install it same day. I got a FW update file but am currently stuck since the file is not being recognized by the TV to do the update. Hopefully I can get a new file or instructions on what I am doing wrong. Might be till Monday before I get a response.

Initial impression from my quick testing is the new TCON board (w/o FW updates) is as good as my previous TCON board (from 2nd swap). No obvious bright red or yellow glow. Red ghosting is mostly grey now as before. Think I still see it in the Crown, but not very visible in Alita or the Gemini man scene (normal watching speed vs frame by frame analysis). If these TCONs are in the latest builds of sets there should be very little red ghosting going on for the types of content we have checked in the past. I have not checked or am able to check the green ghosting during games. I played around with smoothening (not related to TCON) and think folks should turn it on when testing for red ghosting. Motion is more stuttery when it is off and could be contributing to when folks see ghosting.

I credit Hisense and their online team for reaching out to me with this new development. I think their online / social media team is big asset to their brand and company. Their new US social media expert is also a big improvement over my previous engagements with USA support (think he is on reddit if you need to reach him). As I have stated in the past, it is a big plus for me that they are trying and it seems corporate is listening to their inputs. It underlines my impression that as a brand they are serious in getting into the top tier of TV makers.
Source: AVSForum

Wow, just received the new FW update and already noticed a huge improvement on the red ghosting issues. Nice to see Hisense is actively working on improving this TV model. Just tried it with The Crown and Alita: Battle Angel.
Greatly appreciated the support
whatsapp-image-2021-04-27-at-14-10-20-jpeg.3127506

Source: AVSforum: threads/2020-hisense-h9g-q9g-series-55-65-owners-thread-no-price-talk.3156496/page-343

Last edited:
Has anyone got 120Hz working? It's been out for a while now and just wondering if Hisense fixed it.

Has anyone got 120Hz working? It's been out for a while now and just wondering if Hisense fixed it.
TV with 120Hz refresh matrix, but HDMI 2.0
So, 120 on 4K - no.
If you talk about 1080@120 - maybe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom