Hisense u8qf owners

showofdeth

TV with 120Hz refresh matrix, but HDMI 2.0
So, 120 on 4K - no.
If you talk about [email protected] - maybe.
I know technically we should have 120hz but it was broken at release. The TV would accept the signal but did nothing with it other than skip some frames.

What's his face who does the hdtvtest videos on YouTube showed in his review how broken 120hz was.

Has that all been fixed? Can anyone with a Series X or gaming PC chime in?

zLOBer

I know technically we should have 120hz but it was broken at release. The TV would accept the signal but did nothing with it other than skip some frames.

What's his face who does the hdtvtest videos on YouTube showed in his review how broken 120hz was.

Has that all been fixed? Can anyone with a Series X or gaming PC chime in?
In tech spec can't find any word about 120Hz on HDMI.
IMG_20210502_092837.jpg
[email protected] or [email protected] what better on 4K TV?

Andrew Harland

I'm actually very impressed now. Motion OK and red ghosting minimum. However I can't adjust the colours on my set. Dolby vision and no matter how high or low the setting is it remains the same. Surely this isn't normal!

EDIT it appears I can adjust in dolby vision custom. But not bright or dark.

Last edited:

Andrew Harland

Custom motion with judder on 1 and blur on 0. And as daft as it sounds I ordered some new 8k hdmi cables for my fire cube and ps5 and they have helped with the motion. I appreciate his daft it sounds but for some reason they have. Resi 8 was making me feel motion sick but now it's fine. Only thing that's changed is the cable.

Andrew Harland

Red ghosting back with a vengeance today! It's going back as I simply can't put up with it. Oled 805 ordered. It's so hit and miss but when it's there it's really there

phunny12000

Standard Member
Anyone constantly having to switch back to normal HDMI tgen back to enhanced again
Firestick 4k us terrible for it
Also Amazon prime off the inbuilt app not displaying 4k ?
Nd aa for picture settings to one input ir all doesn't do anything
And WiFi is terrible also ethernet
Love my TV but definitely some cons !

Ruffuz

Anyone constantly having to switch back to normal HDMI tgen back to enhanced again
Firestick 4k us terrible for it
Also Amazon prime off the inbuilt app not displaying 4k ?
Nd aa for picture settings to one input ir all doesn't do anything
And WiFi is terrible also ethernet
Love my TV but definitely some cons !

I'd try this:

Update firmware, if there is new one
Unplug all HDMI devices
Factory reset TV to default settings
Switch off Fast Boot

I just got mine and it works perfectly

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
I asked if
Any particular reason why they sent you this new firmware, it's still not showing vie regular update.

Also, what preest/settings work best for you?
There was any new updates. And it's sent via USB from hisense. Always use cinema modes. Will post my settings up later.

lupin777

i have a problem sony htrt3 5.1 attached to the hdmi arc .... if i select dolby or dolby digital plus you don't universally satellites speakers with no source .... if i select pcm or pass-through it's ok but the audio is obviously not dolby. ..how to solve?

Ruffuz

i have a problem sony htrt3 5.1 attached to the hdmi arc .... if i select dolby or dolby digital plus you don't universally satellites speakers with no source .... if i select pcm or pass-through it's ok but the audio is obviously not dolby. ..how to solve?

i though passtrough would send untouched signal to your soundbar, that should process it as long as it has coded needed?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Q Acoustics announces Q Active app availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL introduces Roku smart TVs for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco Audio introduces new N100-H50 digital music library
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 16th June 2021