Hisense u8qf owners

shogun

Also, forgot to mention i haven't come across any red ghosting has of yet.

Only owned the television for around 10 days and i am not a gamer.

Mainly watch YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, NOW TV and Disney + using a Roku Stick Plus and Amazon 4K Fire Stick.

Rocksville

Novice Member
Thx for the reply. Sorry my bad I am also using firmware 301 instead of 315 ;)
I just wonder if color calibration can be done just with test patterns or foils or if you need a specific gear to measure it?
Did you know that in the remote now app is a tint adjustment, that is hidden in the regular TV menu?

Last edited:

shogun

Hi @Rocksville

Yes to get an accurate picture to industry standards you need the relevant calibration tools and software.

My settings posted on page 10 are not calibrated figures or accurate by any means, because i don't own the necessary calibration tools to undertake a proper full calibration.

Where my settings is just a picture image that looks pleasing to my particular eyes on my television panel.

Never used the remote mobile App or used blue filter glasses to setup any of my televisions to be honest.

This linked website article gives a general idea about television calibration.

Rocksville

Novice Member
Hey @shogun, thx that's a good link :)
I have also read the manual from Munsil and Spears. I will try to calibrate the tv now with Blue filter while M&S patterns are send via Xbox one X.

Pretty useful advices.

And yes, unfortunately to calibrate color tuner and white balance you need professional gear.
M&S also mentioned not to touch those settings.

I will post my settings soon for SDR an HDR

BR
Rocks

12jojko

Here's my settings which seems to suit my particular 65 inch panel and a colour palette that suits my taste.

Main playback devices are a Amazon 4K Fire Stick and Roku Stick Plus.

HD SDR Settings.

Picture Mode = Cinema Night.
Aspect Ratio = Automatic or 16:9.
Game Mode = OFF.
Backlight = Local Dimming High and 34.
Brightness = 50.
Contrast = 70.
Colour Saturation = 50.
Sharpness = 3.
Adaptive Contrast = OFF.
Ultra Smooth = OFF.
Clear Motion = OFF.
Noise Reduction = OFF.
MPEG Noise Reduction = OFF.
Colour Temp = Warm 2.
Colour Gamut = Auto.
Colour Tuner = Red Hue 2, Red Sat 0, Red Brightness 4, Green Hue 0, Green Sat 6, Green Brightness 1,Blue Hue 2, Blue Sat 10, Blue Brightness -1, Yellow Hue -3, Yellow Sat 0, Yellow Brightness -2, Cyan Hue 0, Cyan Sat 0, Cyan Brightness 0, Magenta Hue -3, Magenta Sat -4, Magenta Brightness -4.
White Balance (2 point) = Red Offset -2, Green Offset -1, Blue Offset -2, Red Gain 1, Green Gain -4 Blue Gain 1.
White Balance (20 point) = All figures left currently at 0, accept for the Blue signal starting at Level 55 = Blue -4, Level 60 = Blue -2, Level 65 = Blue -5, Level 70 = Blue -9, Level 75 = Blue -5, Level 80 = Blue -5, Level 85 = Blue -5, Level 90 = Blue -4, Level 95 = Blue -4, Level 100 = Blue -4.
Black Level.= Auto
Gamma Adjustments = 2.4.
Gamma Calibration = All figures left currently at 0.
RGB Mode = OFF.
Overscan = OFF.

HDR Settings (YouTube Videos and BBC IPlayer UHD content).

Picture = HDR Night.
Backlight Local Dimming High and 100.
Brightness = 50.
Contrast = 85.
Colour Saturation = 55.
Sharpness = 15.
All other settings has my HD SDR settings above where Cinema Night and HDR Night should copy the same profile.

Dolby Vision HDR Settings (using Disney + App).

Picture Mode = Dolby Vision Dark.
All other figures has my HDR Dark Settings.

When adjusting Dolby Vision, play some dark scene in the movie and then adjust settings, i tried your settings on Netflix movie The Last Letter From Your Lover (around 28 minutes scene) and lots of details in the dark area are lost because wrong white point and gamma set, never set this the same as in sdr. Better left this on default. Hisense have problems with Dolby Vision. I have better darks on movie Blood Red Sky with default DV Bright then DV Dark, don't know why, they ruined something with frimware. I'm using default Dolby Vision Bright, but with gamma 2.4, so picture isn't so bright. For SDR i'm using Theatre Day with medium local dimming and 30 backlight (less blooming that is with high local dimming), brightness on 50, contrast 65, colour 50 and Warm1 (closer to 6500K), gamma 2.2, white point don't touched, only colour tuner red sat to -5 and brightness to -2 and green sat to -1 to get rid off redish skin tones. I like more accurate picture that gives porfessional calibration, so colours are a little washed out and yellowish with Warm1.

Rocksville

Novice Member
Hi all,

OK here we go. I have setup the TV with Spears and Munsil 4k test patterns with Blue, red and green filters. Signal is coming from my Xbox one x measured in a medium lit room to have good settings for day and night.

HDR / Dolby Vision
For those I use the Day/bright preset.
Local dimming high
Brightness 50
Contrast 77
Color 52
Tint R1 (minus one step in the Remote Now App)
Color Temperature Warm 1
Color room Automatic
Color management by eye to my personal perception with test pattern
Red hue 0 saturation 1 brightness 3
Green hue 0 saturation -1 brightness 0
Gamma 2.2 or 2.0 if some movies are too dark.
All other options like mpeg, adaptive contrast, motion, etc. OFF

I watch with Google TV Android stick Netflix, Prime, YouTube, Disney

For SDR
I use
Cinema night
Local dimming Medium
Brightness 49
Contrast 68
Color 52
Color Temperature Warm 1
Color room Automatic
Gamma 2.2
All other option also turned OFF
Maybe I will have another look at the color tuner. But for now I'm happy with these settings.

BR
Rocksville

Last edited:

shogun

Costco UK have the 65 inch version of this TV back on sale at £650 if anybody is interested.

Great Daytime television, with cracking brightness and colour.

Though not recommended for watching in a dark room or dim lit room, where blooming is pretty evident and blacks are not the greatest based on my time using this particular television.

For night time viewing in the dark i am going to try some bias lighting behind the television to see if i can reduce this like the Ambilight feature on my Philips TV.

Rocksville

Novice Member
what firmware?
because Hisense every new FW changes "color settings"
It's 301 the official latest firmware.
I also had from the support 325 and 411 but they messed up everything.
Also used Darko Calibration settings before, but they are for the k911 so those settings are not up to date.

zLOBer

It's 301 the official latest firmware.
I also had from the support 325 and 411 but they messed up everything.
Also used Darko Calibration settings before, but they are for the k911 so those settings are not up to date.
L0714 latest
L0512 before

Thom221186

Novice Member
Costco UK have the 65 inch version of this TV back on sale at £650 if anybody is interested.

Great Daytime television, with cracking brightness and colour.

Though not recommended for watching in a dark room or dim lit room, where blooming is pretty evident and blacks are not the greatest based on my time using this particular television.

For night time viewing in the dark i am going to try some bias lighting behind the television to see if i can reduce this like the Ambilight feature on my Philips TV.
Do you recommend this tv? I’m tempted by the Costco offer

shogun

If the bulk of your TV watching is during the day and you are not watching too far off axis where the picture starts to wash out, then for £650 for a 65 inch television then i would say yes it's worth it.

I am going to invest in some bias led strip lightning to reduce the concept of me seeing blooming on dark backgrounds and greyish blacks when watching dark scenes during the evening.

There has been some complaints about motion issues, but the motion seems acceptable to me.

Though i am not a Gamer, plus this television doesn't offer 120hz 4K gaming if you are thinking of using one if the newer games consoles at 4K 120hz (i believe the max output is 4K 60hz over HDMI).

Can't comment on the VIDAA Smart platform, because i use a Roku and Amazon Fire Stick, but Disney + App and NOWTV Apps are missing from the VIDAA Smart platform that i regularly use on my Roku & Fire Stick.

I have never sent a television back to Costco because i wasn't happy with it, but i believe Costco have either a 60 day or 90 days return window policy (perhaps somebody else can confirm ?) if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

My television has a little bit of vertical banding and small amount of DSE around the edges of the television, but i am trying to live with it because it's only noticeable on fast moving sports content if i go looking for it.

Perhaps other forum members can chip in if they believe this television is worth it or not (especially for £650).

Mallett94

Yes. For 65 inch this is a top spec non OLED from 2020. The only things to improve the experience with this TV would be to use an external streamer to get all the main streaming apps. I have an Apple TV 4K myself and I have also paired the TV with a dedicated 3.1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer system. But for £650 the 65 inch version of this TV is an absolute steal.

Thom221186

Novice Member
Yes. For 65 inch this is a top spec non OLED from 2020. The only things to improve the experience with this TV would be to use an external streamer to get all the main streaming apps. I have an Apple TV 4K myself and I have also paired the TV with a dedicated 3.1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer system. But for £650 the 65 inch version of this TV is an absolute steal.
I have a Roku+ stick and nVidia shield that I use for streaming. I was either looking at this or the LG 65NANO866NA for the same price

Ruffuz

I have a Roku+ stick and nVidia shield that I use for streaming. I was either looking at this or the LG 65NANO866NA for the same price

this will give you proper HDR experience, for example.

Overall better choice than LG, hands down. Unless you need 120hz, only LG does it.

Last edited:

Mallett94

cheers emailed me today said theres been a delay will call me some time next week
For £650 for the 65 inch, it's worth the wait 👌🏻

Are you going to be using any external devices with it or just using the native Smart OS?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps
  • By Andy Bassett