Hisense U8GQ Owners Thread

I looked at those but I don't like the idea of the camera and they seem to get affected by other lights in the room and end up displaying strange colours. Also I think they don't go on and off with the TV, you need to turn them on and off manually. Think I will see how the TV looks without lighting and if I think it needs lighting, get a set that shows a static colour powered by the TVs usb port.

I looked at those but I don't like the idea of the camera and they seem to get affected by other lights in the room and end up displaying strange colours. Also I think they don't go on and off with the TV, you need to turn them on and off manually. Think I will see how the TV looks without lighting and if I think it needs lighting, get a set that shows a static colour powered by the TVs usb port.

cheers mate. USB port connected lights are not powerful enough as I have read. That’s why I intended to buy this one. I’ll check and see first of all as you mentioned.
Do you have any specific recommendation for that light?

How about this?
Hi in my opinion no, it wil. Produce a white but it will be a cold blue white.

If you want it for bias lighting and not to through other colours out then you need a light close to d65 and rgbw lights have a specific led for white and don't need red green and blue leds to make it.

Something like this would be better

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115_163438_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115_163438_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 253
Hi in my opinion no, it wil. Produce a white but it will be a cold blue white.

If you want it for bias lighting and not to through other colours out then you need a light close to d65 and rgbw lights have a specific led for white and don't need red green and blue leds to make it.
Cheers mate I’ll check them out 🙏🏻

Mate, I have seen the review on YouTube saying that using the bias light on the back of the IPS tv increases the contrast if you are watching in the evening lights off. Do you agree with that? I can buy Govee TV strip lights (Govee Immersion Wi-Fi TV Backlights) and enjoy the TV:) I’ll buy today the 65 inch version U8GQTUK.
Never tried Bios lighting before. Please keep us updated?

Edit: Anyone who goes with some form of lighting - update us all. 👍

My current tv is a Philips so has ambilight. It's a nice effect but you have to have the right set up to get the best out of it, basically space around your TV for the lights to shine. If your TV is next to something or in the corner then the effect is reduced, I get a bit of light left and right and not much above as my TV is in the corner. This is if you want something like the govee to mimic colours on screen. I don't think I'm going for it this time as this TV is 55 inches and my current one is 50 so there will be even less space left and right.

If you aren't trying to mimic colours and extend the screen on the wall then for bias lighting you don't need it mega bright as it helps most in a dark room, I have a couple of 30cm strips on the back of my pc monitor, I might try them on the TV when if arrives to see how it looks.

Just bought ug8 today for my dad from costo 399 plus vat/ 5 year warranty.

Just bought ug8 today for my dad from costo 399 plus vat/ 5 year warranty.
What size is that mate? I am buying below wall mount as well. I hope it is good quality . It is a bit expensive on the other hand.

Hi there,
I ordered Hisense 65U8GQTUK 65 Inch ULED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV which is GBP749.89
I am extremely excited.

I decided not to buy Sanus tilted wall mount from Costco which is expensive.

Below is my upcoming purchases. What do you think and your recommendation please?

1) Mounting Dream tilted wall mount
Amazon product ASIN B01M6A84V0
2) HISENSE HS214 Soundbar All-in-one, Wireless Bluetooth, Powerful Bass Built-in, Compact Design, AUX, HDMI, USB, TV, PC Speaker Amazon product ASIN B08DJ8P377
3) TV backlight (if I need)

Hi there,
I ordered Hisense 65U8GQTUK 65 Inch ULED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV which is GBP749.89
I am extremely excited.

I decided not to buy Sanus tilted wall mount from Costco which is expensive.

Below is my upcoming purchases. What do you think and your recommendation please?

1) Mounting Dream tilted wall mount
Amazon product ASIN B01M6A84V0
2) HISENSE HS214 Soundbar All-in-one, Wireless Bluetooth, Powerful Bass Built-in, Compact Design, AUX, HDMI, USB, TV, PC Speaker Amazon product ASIN B08DJ8P377
3) TV backlight (if I need)
That wall mount looks similar to mine but I got mine from Asda for like £20 about 7-8 years ago so that doesn’t help. Very good mount - the one on Amazon looks brilliant too.

One thing I will say though - I don’t think that soundbar is going to be too good tbh and only a bit of an upgrade from the inbuilt speakers. Keep us updated if you do get it 👍

For me the settings shared here do not work for my liking
I am using the settings from the u8qf thread which looks ok for now

Those look good. Nice one for the alternative calibration 👍

Hisense 2021 looks like Panasonic 2019, but quality.
So, after U8QF - no more Hisense, will waiting for QD|Mini with better price.
2021 models H9G come with bug and HS write fix, on start, with bug from U8QF (then Motion and etc didnt start after Standby)...OMG

Was watching the snooker on bbc HD when showing the full table the edge of the balls looks blurry ☹️

Attachments

• 20220116_204949.jpg
    20220116_204949.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 225
Hisense 2021 looks like Panasonic 2019, but quality.
So, after U8QF - no more Hisense, will waiting for QD|Mini with better price.
2021 models H9G come with bug and HS write fix, on start, with bug from U8QF (then Motion and etc didnt start after Standby)...OMG
There are lovers and haters and I started wondering if those issues are generic or specific to the TV? I ordered 65 inch from Costco. I am excited and worried at the same time. I’ll watch Netflix, YouTube or Disney + from 9 feet.

There are lovers and haters and I started wondering if those issues are generic or specific to the TV? I ordered 65 inch from Costco. I am excited and worried at the same time. I’ll watch Netflix, YouTube or Disney + from 9 feet.
I am not are hater. Advanced user and tester)
So, I know about problems and what whey not will be fixed (((
RG - main problem, Canada HQ try try, but Europe HQ...nothing.

I am not are hater. Advanced user and tester)
So, I know about problems and what whey not will be fixed (((
RG - main problem, Canada HQ try try, but Europe HQ...nothing.
Cheers mate👍🏻
Does U8GQ have the same issues? Any recommendation for me to have a look at especially if there is a problem or not?
If I have issues as well, Costco takes it back within 90 days. So I might send it back.

Cheers mate👍🏻
Does U8GQ have the same issues? Any recommendation for me to have a look at especially if there is a problem or not?
If I have issues as well, Costco takes it back within 90 days. So I might send it back.
Not present in showroom

hi folks,
My tv is still on pending for delivery from Costco. But at the same time Box has given me the price match. Which one has better customer service?
I can cancel it and buy it from Box.Co.uk

Ok finally got my TV, it's up and running, done a couple of updates and currently watching sky on the out of the box settings. So far so good, even out of the box settings aren't that bad. It connected up to my AV no problems too without even changing any sound settings. I haven't checked motion settings but have noticed a little stutter when things move suddenly so I think some motion smoothing is on. Will try and have a play with the settings later on.

Ok finally got my TV, it's up and running, done a couple of updates and currently watching sky on the out of the box settings. So far so good, even out of the box settings aren't that bad. It connected up to my AV no problems too without even changing any sound settings. I haven't checked motion settings but have noticed a little stutter when things move suddenly so I think some motion smoothing is on. Will try and have a play with the settings later on.
I have found this video but I am not sure if it fits every Hisense tv.

Last edited:
Played around with the TV and settings a bit more last night and this morning. To be honest I'm pretty happy with the cinema day preset but with motion, mpeg reduction and noise reduction all off. For local dimming I picked medium, low didn't seem to make the dark parts dark enough. One thing I noticed though is that the local dimming has to work against the natural backlight bleed of the IPS screen. Mine has more bleed in the top right corner so the local dimming there isn't as effective. This is very obvious if you mute the TV and the mute icon glows on and off but in general TV viewing you don't notice it.

The screen looks pretty clean, sometimes DSE right down the middle but it's much better than my old TV which had several vertical bars. Slight darker patches in the corners but minimal.

HDR looks great, clearly brighter than my old TV. Had an issue with not being able to adjust any picture settings in Dolby vision IQ mode so put it on custom and turned motion etc off.

Playing media from my network works great and is fast, no buffering.

Overall I'm happy with the TV, so much better than my last one and it is very good for £500.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom