Hisense U7QF 4K TV Review & Comments

So my son was watching YouTube on this television U7QFT and it froze. When I went back to terrestrial TV it lost all channels and rescan bought up some random channels never heard of.

Unplugged TV and same thing happened. Had to factory reset the TV. Annoying not sure if I want to do this all the time.

Plus when I now go to system check on the menu I have this error code. Know what it is for?

My Set also have this Error Message, and Dead Pixels and mild DSE.
I wanted to send it back to Amazon, but I'm over time.
Now I have to take advantage of a repair service...

Attachments

• 20200828_205159.jpg
    20200828_205159.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 780
I have spoken to the retailer where I got it from who have said they can replace for a different tv of my choice if I wish.

Just don't know what to get now. Am looking at either the LG Un8100 or LG Nano866.

I was looking at the 50" version of this TV, but some of the comments don't seem to reflect the 8/10 review.

Thoughts on the below?

Hi, I would guess that it could be (foremost) firmware issue as it shall never allow the processor to get to this huge cpu usage level so it stops/hangs the apps. However the firmware is fresh we could say so it might be fixed soon enough. Meanwhile I would observe under what conditions the issue occurs and based on that you might find the solution (maybe too many apps running, maybe some objects blocking the cpu`s thermal regulation, maybe heat source very near by the TV`s back etc...). But if the exchange for the working TV is easily possible I would go for this option :)

Do hisense even release firmware updates? My last set didn't have any updates in the almost 2 years that I had it...

Do hisense even release firmware updates? My last set didn't have any updates in the almost 2 years that I had it...
My Hisense QLED U7QFT had a old update installed. Tried to install over the TV set, would not have it.

I contacted Hisense who had to send me the latest update via USB stick in the post. Not good. Still didn't sort out my problems with TV so getting replaced.

What I`ve briefly seen in the ongoing forum chat the best firmwareup to this date shall be the k0530. In this another Avforums thread they do mention that on TV installer doesn`t function properly....

I had the TV for a week and I returned it, I got a Sony Xg9505 instead, i thought if there is something wrong with the build no matter what upgrade or update there are for software it wont fix the underlying issue.

I cant comment on the LG as i never used one

What do you think of the XG9505? I played with a XH95 in a JL today. The set looks amazing when playing the factory videos but it doesn't seem to upscale tunner well. I also watched a couple of football and tennis videos on YouTube (1080p due to slow internet) and they were not impressive in terms of quality and motion. Maybe it's purely the slow internet to blame?

Would be great to have your comparison between XG95 and U7Q. RS is nearly sold out for XG95 so I'd like to decide if I should buy one before it's completely gone or wait for Black Friday for a U8/7Q. Thanks

I bought this (55”) earlier in the week as it’s on offer at Costco for around £470. With it being a quantum dot set, full array backlighting, Dolby Vision/Atmos compatible and a good review on this site, I thought it was a bit of a bargain. It‘s used mainly to watch Netflix/Prime in a bedroom. I hardly ever watch terrestrial tv or YouTube on it and so far for me, it’s been pretty good.

Very easy to set up and the stand is stable. Stupidly, the power cable is ridiculously short and I’ve had to order a longer one. Set up is quick and very straightforward - the menu system is easy enough to get into and not overly complicated. It all works pretty quickly without any lag. Big problem for me is that it doesn’t have support for Disney+. Luckily, I have a spare Amazon Firestick.

Despite appearing cheap and plasticky at first, I have come to really like the remote. The buttons have a satisfying click to them and the layout is actually quite intuitive.

Despite its specs, the picture quality is not as impressive as my larger Samsung QLED (but then again, it cost a third of the price). Don’t get me wrong, the picture quality is good with some brilliant colours but I have noticed a fair bit of blooming around things such as subtitles on a darker background but overall, I’m happy enough with the picture. Sound is clear and can get reasonably loud but as standard for modern TV sets, lacks bass.

I suspect I would have chosen a different set had I been looking at spending £600-700 on a tv but at the price I paid, I’m pretty happy.

Last edited:
I bought this (55”) earlier in the week as it’s on offer at Costco for around £470. With it being a quantum dot set, full array backlighting, Dolby Vision/Atmos compatible and a good review on this site, I thought it was a bit of a bargain. It‘s used mainly to watch Netflix/Prime in a bedroom. I hardly ever watch terrestrial tv or YouTube on it and so far for me, it’s been pretty good.

Very easy to set up and the stand is stable. Stupidly, the power cable is ridiculously short and I’ve had to order a longer one. Set up is quick and very straightforward - the menu system is easy enough to get into and not overly complicated. It all works pretty quickly without any lag. Big problem for me is that it doesn’t have support for Disney+. Luckily, I have a spare Amazon Firestick.

Despite appearing cheap and plasticky at first, I have come to really like the remote. The buttons have a satisfying click to them and the layout is actually quite intuitive.

Despite its specs, the picture quality is not as impressive as my larger Samsung QLED (but then again, it cost a third of the price). Don’t get me wrong, the picture quality is good with some brilliant colours but I have noticed a fair bit of blooming around things such as subtitles on a darker background but overall, I’m happy enough with the picture. Sound is clear and can get reasonably loud but as standard for modern TV sets, lacks bass.

I suspect I would have chosen a different set had I been looking at spending £600-700 on a tv but at the price I paid, I’m pretty happy.

Hi Could you tell me where you got the longer cable? i ordered the 65" u7QF yesterday (it will be delivered tomorrow) but it will be wall mounted and i will need a 2m + cable and now worried the standard item will not be long enough.

or if you could show a picture of the cable i can order form Amazon,

Thanks,
Ross

Hi Could you tell me where you got the longer cable? i ordered the 65" u7QF yesterday (it will be delivered tomorrow) but it will be wall mounted and i will need a 2m + cable and now worried the standard item will not be long enough.

or if you could show a picture of the cable i can order form Amazon,

Thanks,
Ross
Hi, I just searched for a 3m cable from Amazon - only thing I’d say is not to order a 90 degree cable just order a normal cable as my right-angled connector is a bit tight and flexing the cable

If you don’t mind me asking what would you have gone for on a £700 budget. I’m currently planning on a PUS9005 as I’m on a £700 budget and that looks best to me, is there anything else I should be considering?

If you don’t mind me asking what would you have gone for on a £700 budget. I’m currently planning on a PUS9005 as I’m on a £700 budget and that looks best to me, is there anything else I should be considering?

Sony refurb had 50XG9005 at around £600-650 in the past two weeks. Take a look this Friday if interested.

You can get the xf9005 for £649 I think and it's much better than the philips tv and has 1000 nits so can do HDR properly

You can get the xf9005 for £649 I think and it's much better than the philips tv and has 1000 nits so can do HDR properly
I would love to be able to pick up that deal but it's in the clearance section in Argos and has been out of stock for a week already so I don't see it coming back in.

Sony refurb had 50XG9005 at around £600-650 in the past two weeks. Take a look this Friday if interested.
Is that on Sony Centre? Do they refresh on Fridays and is there a certain time I should try and get on to not miss deals?

Thanks a lot

Is that on Sony Centre? Do they refresh on Fridays and is there a certain time I should try and get on to not miss deals?

Thanks a lot

Yes. Sony's Centres Direct. They seem to replenish stock every Thu/Fri and you can extend the guarantee to 5 years with £79, just online chat an agent.

Last Fri they even had XF9505 in 55 sub £600 I think.

I got a 55XG9505 the week before and it's stunning. No marks or scraps what so ever.

Yes. Sony's Centres Direct. They seem to replenish stock every Thu/Fri and you can extend the guarantee to 5 years with £79, just online chat an agent.

Last Fri they even had XF9505 in 55 sub £600 I think.

I got a 55XG9505 the week before and it's stunning. No marks or scraps what so ever.

I just picked up the XG9005 on there, thanks a lot for the heads up, the specs look brilliant.

Bought this TV recently and have tested several things, and have gotten quite lucky. No dirty screen, good uniform lighting etc.

However, one portion of the review notes that 'quick changes in scene brightness can catch it [The full array local dimming] out and there is a delay in applying the correct degree of image dimming'.

Good god if this isn't an understatement. It's not too common but when it happens it's awful. Watching Ratched on Netflix in Dolby Vision the switch from light to dark shots is giving me a headache. The show employs lots of angle-shifts and the screen seems to be 1/100th of a second behind in its dimming, resulting in a noticeable change in brightness just after the image itself changes.

Not sure if that's something a firmware update could solve? I'm on the most recent but surely they'd solve something like this if they can?

I'm stuck on firmware 0426, would be nice to get a update without having to ring up customer support

TBH I would have probably gone for a mid range Samsung such as a 55” TU8500. Although obviously not as well specced as higher-end QLED or OLED sets, my experience is that for an all purpose second TV, the mid range Samsungs seem to offer decent performance for a modest price. Essentially I was juggling TVs following some house renovations - we now have a new upstairs cubby hole which is just perfect for a small sofa and tv for my wife to relax in. I had placed an old Sony W3000 in there but with its huge bezel it was a bit too big as well as starting with an ever increasing line of dead pixels. So I saw the U7 offer and decided that I could take the 43” Samsung RU7400 from my bedroom to replace the old Sony and get a U7QF instead!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom