Hisense TVs and satellite

howardg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can a Hisense TV owner please clarify this for me please. I notice that the current Hisense range have a built-in satellite tuner but not Freesat. Can I just plug in my single cable ex-Sky dish and receive the FTA channels. Would this give me the same channels as Freesat or FreeSky? Thanks for any help with this issue.

Thanks for the reply. How does the channel line-up differ from Freesat and Free Sky. How well does the EPG function. Thanks

Assuming the ex Sky dish was not for Sky Q.

I would expect it to act as generic satellite receiver.

Channels will be the similar to Freesat but not sorted into any useful order. So you will have multiple channels with the same name in the list i.e. regional variations of CH4 initially. If you want them sorted it will probably be a manual job, though some receivers support channels list which can be download and uploaded once edited.

EPG will usually be now and next on most channels and maybe longer on some others.

Last edited:
Assuming the ex Sky dish was not for Sky Q.

I would expect it to act as generic satellite receiver.

Channels will be the similar to Freesat but not sorted into any useful order. So you will have multiple channels with the same name in the list i.e. regional variations of CH4 initially. If you want them sorted it will probably be a manual job, though some receivers support channels list which can be download and uploaded once edited.

EPG will usually be now and next on most channels and maybe longer on some others.
I attempted to connect my sky Q dish and although it did search and find approximately 130 channels only 10/12 channels show a picture, would the sky Q dish work through a Freesat box or am I wasting my time and money?

It's not a Sky Q dish, it's a standard Sky dish with a Sky Q LNB fitted.
Yes, the current Freesat PVRs will work with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom