Hisense Trichroma 100L9 Pro Laser TV

Captain Ron

Just thought i'd create a thread for any info on this forthcoming Hisense UST laser projector which is supposedly due on sale in Europe and America next month. Headline feature is three separate laser light sources and >100% coverage of the BT 2020 colour space. If it supports 3D playback as well it will leap to the top of my list as a contender to upgrade from my current LG 55E6.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Any guesses at cost at this stage?

Just 100" or 120" too?

Bundled with screen?

Captain Ron

Probably a few more weeks before we get an idea on that.

Captain Ron

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Dolby Vision?

Captain Ron

Dolby Vision?
Yes! It was demo'd at CES and it's in the official release notes as well. It's the price on that link that I am highly skeptical about.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Low input lag for gaming and ability to purchase without the bundled screen would be nice....and a reasonable price of course!

Captain Ron

That site I linked up there has updated. The price does seem incredible value for the projector and the screen if it's legit. PROJECTOR SCREEN.com

toodeep

'Can display the outside temperature, but is it good for anything not 60 Hz?

1629230685525.png

Captain Ron

I actually quite like the styling. I could see it looking very tidy when matched with the right stand.

Captain Ron

Checking around it seems that Hisense are releasing a more conservatively specced 100L9G and 120L9G. No mention of Dolby Vision unlike the L9PRO. Googling for the L9PRO and a lot of links to it have disappeared. I hope it's still coming to market.

EDIT: Specsheet for the cinema room screen or living room screen bundled 100L9G.
https://www.projectorscreen.com/Shared/images/products/hisense/specsheet-hisense100l9g-cine100.pdf
https://www.projectorscreen.com/Shared/images/products/hisense/specsheet-hisense100l9g-dlt100a.pdf

Last edited:

keithinsp

Novice Member
Just thought i'd create a thread for any info on this forthcoming Hisense UST laser projector which is supposedly due on sale in Europe and America next month. Headline feature is three separate laser light sources and >100% coverage of the BT 2020 colour space. If it supports 3D playback as well it will leap to the top of my list as a contender to upgrade from my current LG 55E6.
Interesting to see this. I have the older dual laser version (bought refurbed from Projector Screen), and have been extremely happy with the picture and performance. Great even with the window open and lights on.

Captainoats

Just seen this for £4999 on a UK website. I assume it's the same, UK model wording slightly differs to US. If it is then once again the British market gets ripped off. Even after adding 6% sales tax on the USA price it comes out at £3,547 whereas we have the privilege of paying £4999 for it in the UK. If you holiday in USA then worth buying whilst out there even with additional suitcase coming home you would save over £1k.
How good it is compared to the other lasers out there? I'm not changing my Sony PJs anytime soon but at least more of the lasers are coming out they will continually improve.

Hisense 100L9FTUK-B12

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Ron

Macbooky

Currently an owner of an Optoma UHZ65UST and have been watching the reviews on this. It’s the best short throw laser projector out right now, there it seems.

Watch these videos for a full rundown. I’m very tempted to upgrade…

Macbooky

Also this…

Macbooky

Richer Sounds had a release date for last week but that’s changed now. Should be anytime I’m guessing.

Macbooky

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky reveals content lineup for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer