Hisense Surround Sound with LG Home Theatre

D

Deleted member 873910

Hi I installed a Hisense 55" 55A7100FTUK TV with an LG LHB645N surround system and then could not get consistent output from the rear speakers, especially on Freeview channels. The surround worked perfectly using the DVD palyer! After a lot of messing about I discovered that the default sound setting on the LG unit is 2.1 sound (why???) so what you have to do is select another option such as cinema or bass boost. From the home screen press the Sound Effect button and it will show what output a particular setting has, for example 2.1 or 5.1. You can then select a 5.1 option and enjoy some rear speaker action. Hope this helps.

thanks.
How are you connected,via HDMI ARC or optical as I am having issues with sony surround system (a bit dated) to dish out any sound at all.

Hi I am using ARC via HDMI lead I did also tried optical and that worked OK but you do not have the ARC functionality then. My other Hisense 32" is on a Sony DVD surround sound and that is working over optical. Do you not get any sound? Have you tried different ouputs on the TV sound adjustments I did see mentioned that disabling Dolby on HDMI can bring sound back, maybe try the others PCM or whatever see if it has any effect (I expect you probably already have ). Let me know how you get on.

I haven't tried disabling dolby on HDMI but will test tonight when I get home.
The DAV I have has only got HDMI Output so I have only optical as an option. I can see the optical wire is live as I can see red light but regardless of what settings I change on tele or within DAV, no sound output.

the DAV works well otherwise and we normally use aux cable with mobile to play music on it.
also scart to sky box also works too.. may be the hisense tele is too new.
i shall post back. thanks

Hi I installed a Hisense 55" 55A7100FTUK TV with an LG LHB645N surround system and then could not get consistent output from the rear speakers, especially on Freeview channels. The surround worked perfectly using the DVD palyer! After a lot of messing about I discovered that the default sound setting on the LG unit is 2.1 sound (why???) so what you have to do is select another option such as cinema or bass boost. From the home screen press the Sound Effect button and it will show what output a particular setting has, for example 2.1 or 5.1. You can then select a 5.1 option and enjoy some rear speaker action. Hope this helps.

I have a Hisense television, 43AE7000FTUK, bought it a month ago and LHB645N, bought it a few days ago.
  • I set the television to use ARC and enabled CEC
  • I plugged the HDMI cable into the ARC port and to the LHB645N Blu-Ray player
  • On the Blu-Ray player, I enabled the TV Sound Connecting, SIMPLINK/CEC and another ARC-related setting.
But I cannot hear the television (its native Netflix application, for example) via the sound system.

Did you have to do (disable, enable, or switch to some mode in the television/player) anything else to make it play the television?
Can you post a screenshot of any related television/Blu-Ray player setting you have, and/or what the Blu-Ray player shows on its small front LCD display?

The Blu-Ray player interface does not mention ARC as an input (it does mention optical). ARC is only mentioned in its settings.

Note that whenever I turn off the television and turn it on again, I have to set it to use ARC again (not that it matters, I still cannot hear it via the sound system). I am guessing that since it does not detect the ARC connection to the sound system, so it "forgets" the setting when I turn it off, in order to let me hear anything when I turn it on again.

Thank you!

Hi DVD Display shows ARC. TV setting is - Settings - Sound - Speakers - Audio Output = ARC Digital Audio Out = Auto. I do know that you need to have an ARC compatible HDMI cable (I got one off of Amazon). On the LG I have not set any settings as such it just kicks in when the TV comes on controlled via the ARC. Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if I can check anything else.

Hi DVD Display shows ARC. TV setting is - Settings - Sound - Speakers - Audio Output = ARC Digital Audio Out = Auto. I do know that you need to have an ARC compatible HDMI cable (I got one off of Amazon). On the LG I have not set any settings as such it just kicks in when the TV comes on controlled via the ARC. Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if I can check anything else.
I got this one -
Amazon product ASIN B088ZXDH2NIt supports ARC, or so it says...

I factory reset the Blu-Ray and the television and tried to only change the speakers to ARC and out to auto and nothing plays via the sound system when I watch Netflix (I have not tried others). :(
I tried to set TV sound connecting to on and that did not change a thing.

When I set speakers to ARC in the television, the television automatically informs me that it enables the CEC functionality.

But, yeah, no sound is playing and there is no indication of anything that has to do with ARC...

System - HDMI & CEC Functions has CEC enabled and in the CEC Device list it has HDMI1-BD HTS which I assume is the Blue Ray Disc player.

Hmm sounds like either a cable issue or maybe the firmware needs an upgrade, Hisense emailed me an upgrade as it would not upgrade via the normal method. Mine is V K0921 I don't know if that changes with different models.

Hmm sounds like either a cable issue or maybe the firmware needs an upgrade, Hisense emailed me an upgrade as it would not upgrade via the normal method. Mine is V K0921 I don't know if that changes with different models.
I bought two cables, I guess I can change to the other one, though Amazon lied, then both of them would not be HDMI v1.4+ (the version that introduced ARC), since it is the same cable and both of them will have the same result.
I do see the Blu-Ray on the television when I switch to that HDMI input, so the cable works for video. One thing that is weird, though, is that when I switch to that input on the television, it first says it is disconnected/no signal for a split second and then it says it is connected/there is a signal again. Does that happen in your case as well?

My firmware is K0921 as well...

I really appreciate the help! Thank you!

I tried the second cable, still no go.

Not that is assures anything, but there is a print on the cable itself, "HDMI CABLE With Ethernet". v1.4 added ARC and Ethernet, so I guess the cable version is at least correct... So it is either the television or the sound system (hehe or the cable). Damn...

Had a chance to check settings on the LG player, first when i switch the TV input to DVD the screen says ARC. Going to Home and settings - Others shows Simplink/ARC as :ON TV Sound Connecting as :ON. Funnily enough when I go back to TV I still have not figured how to get it to connect the sound again it seems easier to turn the TV off which turns them both off and back on.

Missed the previous point about the no signal, don't recall seeing that. This might sound daft but you could try to check the location and language to make sure it is set for UK, when I reset mine it changed it to Germany I think that messed all sorts up.

They are set to English and UK.
The no signal thing went away when I changed the cable... Still no sound. Maybe I should give Hisense a call.

Read this bit in the manual which I think says on initial HDMI setup turn the TV on first wait 30secs before turning the Blue Ray on. Time to clutch at straws!!!

Additional Information for HDMI y When you connect a HDMI or DVI compatible device make sure of the following: - Try switching off the HDMI/DVI device and this player. Next, switch on the HDMI/DVI device and leave it for around 30 seconds, then switch on this player. - The connected device’s video i

I am pretty sure it is the cable.

The user guide shows this one -
1610138842617.png

One of the reviews of the cable I bought says -
"Straight out of the bag it says it’s an HDMI v1.4 cable, which clearly cannot output 2160p (4k) at 60hz.
very misleading product, the cable isn’t gold plated unlike what’s shown in the picture."

Also, when I search for the printed text on the cable, "hdmi cable with ethernet awm 20276", I find Amazon product ASIN B076G4MKQ1 which says "Specification Met HDMI 1.4". It is not "High Speed" which is required by the player.
I wonder why it needs the high speed part for the ARC functionality, though. It is not like I play 3D content anyway. ARC is supported in HDMI 1.4 (not high speed), so who cares?
Reading HDMI - Wikipedia - I see. Standard (non high speed) is capable of 1080i, not 1080p.

Is "high speed HDMI cable with ethernet" printed on your cable?

It's got a cloth covering can't see any printing but this is the link to it on Amazon: Cable on amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeah, well, mine was supposed to be the same, from the product page -
"High Speed V2.0 HDMI Cable Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video and Audio Return Channel (ARC)".
I will contact the seller.

Thank you for all of your prompt help! I will report back. :)

I happened to have gotten a high speed HDMI cable from an unrelated source and suddenly things, well, just work. So it was definitely the cable. Now I can enjoy his system in peace and I do not have to return it or the television!
Thank you for all of your help, time and patience, much appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom