• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hisense R7 has no analogue tuner? What are my options for Sky RF when using as a secondary tv

TommyT

Standard Member
i just purchased a Hisense R7 Series (Roku) and expected to simply plug in the Magic Eye RF output from SKy HD and tune it in.
Now when i actually read it, it doesnt appear to have an analogue option on the hisense or at least one i can find.
What are my options for geting the coaxial RF signal onto this TV? Do i have any?
Wife will go nuts when she cannot watch sky in the room.
Cheers
T

Frisbeepop

Established Member
Upgrade to sky q and a mini box? Look for some kind of video sender? Analogue isn’t supported in UK any more. UK is fully digital so not sure what sets still have analogue tuners. Anything you buy should be much better video quality compared to old non HD RF video

Harold Nosh

Novice Member
i just purchased a Hisense R7 Series (Roku) and expected to simply plug in the Magic Eye RF output from SKy HD and tune it in.
Now when i actually read it, it doesnt appear to have an analogue option on the hisense or at least one i can find.
What are my options for geting the coaxial RF signal onto this TV? Do i have any?
Wife will go nuts when she cannot watch sky in the room.
Cheers
T
Did you ever figure this out?

Deepbass

Established Member
Only alternative I've seen is an RF HDMI modulator, it essentially turns your HDMI signal into a Freeview channel. There are a few threads on here about them

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom