Question Hisense or Philips (55 or 65)

replcantz

Novice Member
Hi all!

After chasing some info & reviews, I've ended up with this short list.

- Hisense H55U7A (660 Eur)
- Philips 55PUS6753/12 (600 Eur)

I'm leaning towards Hisense.

Still, in doubt about getting a 55" or 65" model.
I will be at 2.5 meters from the wall (or TV stand). Will a 55" be okay, or do i really need a 65" model?

And if i need a 65" one, will those two selections make the most value for the bang?

- Hisense 65U7A ULED (870 Eur)
- Philips 65PUS6753/12 (899 Eur)

Helpers:
- View distance: ~2.5 meters (39 inch)
- I favor image quality (specially upscaling from HD signal, IPTV) over blackish-blacks, or outstanding brightness levels- No side views, will be used in front view mostly
- Room ambiance: mostly dimmed light, not totally dark most of the time
- No games

Thanks!

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Hisense will be better, in either case. And yes, go as big as you can within your room. If the Samsung NU8000 is available it’s better than the Hisense but depends on premium being asked for it.

taz88

Standard Member
I'm in a similar situation to OP except it will be used for XBox too and some Netflix, same viewing disctance 2.5m.

Wondering how the NU7400 65 compares with the Hisense 65U7A?

Also if it would be worth getting the better spec but smaller NU8000 55" ? Unfortunately can't stretch to the NU8000 65 :(

Thanks in advance

Dodgexander

I'm in a similar situation to OP except it will be used for XBox too and some Netflix, same viewing disctance 2.5m.

Wondering how the NU7400 65 compares with the Hisense 65U7A?

Also if it would be worth getting the better spec but smaller NU8000 55" ? Unfortunately can't stretch to the NU8000 65 :(

Thanks in advance
It doesn't compare to the NU7400. Partly because it has a 120hz panel and the Samsung does not and partly because its anyones guess what panel you get on the Samsung.

Whether you go smaller or bigger depends how much you use HDR, see: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

Recommendations taken care of here already: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

You can see in the guide the Samsung is left out at some sizes, for a good reason.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom