Bargain Hisense NU8700

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Dodgexander, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,051
      I don't post bargains very often but have seen this for a while and couldn't help it.

The Hisense 65NU8700 has taken a crazy price drop to £1099 at most retailers. This puts it at least about £150 lower than the best price match for its rivals and only £150 more than its lower end 65N6800 sister.

The 55" versions isn't too shabby either at £699 but is closer in price to its main rival right now; the £749 Samsung 55MU7000 (if you can get a price match with a good retailer on the Samsung), it's still the cheapest 120hz TV you can get with a VA panel though.

To give a brief idea of what the pros and cons are of these TVs compared to the competition;

Pros:
      • 120hz panel very cheap (especially the 65" version)
      • Better-than-average built in sound from an LCD TV (or so I heard).
      • Accurate out of the box contrast and colour!!

Negatives:
      • People have mentioned Hisense' upscaling/picture processing isn't quite as good as the others. It's probably "very good" compared to "excellent" on the others though.
      • It's not a decent 1000nits HDR TV like Hisense promised it would be, but honestly for this price it shouldn't matter. You aren't going to get good HDR at this price level.
      Look under the "specs tab" above for specifications.

Can't beat it for the money right now. We are getting to silly season and at this pricing I don't think these will last long.

Here is the AVF review for the 65" version: Hisense H65NU8700 4K LED TV Review

In case anyone else was wondering, Richer Sounds also have both TVs, they just aren't listed on Pricespy.

The pricespy links also won't work on mobile view.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • List
    2. Paul224

Paul224
      Banned

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,039
      Exceptional value is £1099 for a 65" and a very nice looking TV too. I used to own a 55M7000 and that didn't disappoint.

3. gds1972

gds1972

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +174
      Hey @Dodgexander do you know if the software updates improved the peak brightness for this television as Hisense claimed it does in the avforums review discussion as I can't find anything to confirm if it did or not?

Thanks

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,051
      From the AVF review in the op:

5. Analysis

Analysis

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +296
      Hisense are now ramping up ready for the World Cup, I see this also coming with other models shortly.