Hisense HS214 Soundbar Review & Comments

Cheap and cheerful. Can't expect much really for £99.
Get slightly better sound from a second TV can be a good thing.
A sub output wouldn't add a huge amount to the cost or would it.
What happens when you play a DTS soundtrack? You get no sound at all?

Cheap and cheerful. Can't expect much really for £99.
Get slightly better sound from a second TV can be a good thing.
A sub output wouldn't add a huge amount to the cost or would it.
What happens when you play a DTS soundtrack? You get no sound at all?
It's a struggle to actually get a DTS soundtrack into the soundbar, because you have to connect a player via the optical digital input. But when I tried there didn't appear to be any audio. This soundbar is obviously aimed at TV audio and built-in streaming apps, which is exclusively Dolby these days. The margin at £99 must be wafer thin (hence the lack of DTS support), so I suspect adding a subwoofer output would also cost too much.

Hopefully, and I really need to get the Sonos Arc in as well.
Please review the Arc by tomorrow... I have the Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage but I want the Sonos Arc (it’s meant to getting DTS in an update). Love the stage and has great bass but dialogue and atmos are average.

A little demanding, don't you think? ;)
Hahaha - I’m Getting the Sonos Saturday - was tempted by the `Bose 900 but gonna stick with the Arc + Sub. Hence why I wanted a review to vindicate my choice!

Will you be reviewing the Sony HT A9 "soundbar destroyer" as well? It seems to be getting rave reviews on the YouTube.
I'm planning to round-up a few of the key soundbars that I haven't seen yet by the end of the year, subject to being able to source samples of course.

I was lookin at the Hisense 214 was quite impressed with the review, then just looked on "Which reviews of soundbars 39% rating "A Poor Choice -Avoid" then in the should I buy it section "Absolutely Not""
so really I am at a bit of a loss here. ???
Cheers
Pete

I was lookin at the Hisense 214 was quite impressed with the review, then just looked on "Which reviews of soundbars 39% rating "A Poor Choice -Avoid" then in the should I buy it section "Absolutely Not""
so really I am at a bit of a loss here. ???
Cheers
Pete
Yet to be fair Which likes being an outlier in many reviews ;)

Got my son one of these for Christmas to use for Sky and PS5 - have connected via optical and have noticed with the PS5 there is an echo. Any ideas?

At the moment it is 79 quid. I couldn’t find any better at this price point.
You have written on your review that this is for the TV up to 55 inch. I bought today Hisense 65U8GQTUK which is 65 inch. Is it waste of money to buy this to connect to the TV? Or do you recommend me to save a bit more money to have something else which might provide better sound for this TV? I can wait a little bit more to have soundbar. My room is small and watch Netflix, Disney + and YouTube from 8.5 - 9 feet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom