Hisense HE65K5510UWTS 65"

Discussion in 'Hisense TVs Forum' started by denzildanny, Dec 18, 2016.

1. denzildanny

denzildanny
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I purchased this TV from AO.com when the sales where on, unfortunately when the TV arrived I noticed there was heavy banding down the screen especially when watching football, so I contacted AO who said they'll replace immediately, the replacement arrived today to find the panel in regards to banding is brilliant I cannot find any.

However I now have noticed about 1/3 in the screen on the top right there is a thin white vertical line about 11" that is noticeable when watching certain things, I have tried to change the input HDMI to see if this makes a difference.

I feel awakard now phoning AO to say I have another problem as am I being too picky, I'm wondering will I ever find the perfect panel or do they all have minor defects or is this what you expect with buying a budget TV or should I try for a replacement?

I am willing to up my budget but after reading reviews I found this TV was best for money.

Any advice will be appreciated

2. TVGuyOnInternet

TVGuyOnInternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think there's just too much going wrong with this TV. After much reading up, I think the better alternative is the Samsung UE55KU6400. Yes, it's only a 55 inch, but it has 4.6 out of 5 from over 300 reviews. So might be worth looking into.

Samsung 6 Series UE55KU6400U - 55" LED Smart TV - 4K UltraHD

3. denzildanny

denzildanny
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sorry I should have stated I would like 65" as a minimum, I'm starting to feel it's a bit pot luck in regards to what quality of tv you get from Hisense. I really didn't want to change this TV as the quality of the picture is brilliant.

4. TVGuyOnInternet

TVGuyOnInternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've been so close to buying this tv now for about a month. But for me too many stories like yours are popping up. I desperately want to buy it but I'll guess I'll either buy the Samsung 55' or wait for the 2017 models and see what happens.

I wouldn't feel bad about being picky though. Just keep in swapping it until you get the right one.

5. denzildanny

denzildanny
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Think I may get a refund and look at alternatives in the January sales

6. alankfc02

alankfc02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I received mines from John Lewis last week and noticed a lot of banding while watching football. In terms of the screen I cannot see any other faults and worried if I try another one it might be worse. I don't know if I'm just being picky but have you got no banding at all with football?

7. denzildanny

denzildanny
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi the second one I had had minimal banding don't get me wrong it had some but for the money you couldn't complain.

UPDATE - I took the plunge and went for my 3rs hisense ( 3rd time lucky and all that? )

Just booted it up this morning and it's the best one I've had.

Yes it has some DSE/ Banding on football but apart from that the picture quality is perfect no defects at all.