Hisense H9F Soundbar Issues

Bill George

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Hisense H9F and I really like the TV, but I’m having a hard time trying trying to pair it to a Soundbar. I have tried both a Sonos Beam and and Sonos Playbar. Spent 6 hours today with Highsense and Sonos and could not get a resolution. Next step is return the TV to Best Buy. The problem is I can’t turn off the internal speakers. When I try to select ARC in the speaker settings it will not accept the selection. Is this a known issue with the H9F and Sonos? I actually had it working for a brief time but then it returned to play internal speakers even when the volume was at zero, if I increased the volume both the TV speakers and Playbar played at once. Any suggestions before I return the set? Is my set or is it a Hisense issue across all the H9F? Thank you.

i have the same issue i receive the tv today and i have a optical soundbar. i cant control de soundbar with the tv remote and i cant disable tv speakers...

I am doing the exact same thing and waiting for BestBuy to come out and take back my TV and get another one, but now it looks it will not fix my issue. Bad news Hisense!
Sounds like this the way the TV works or does not?
I will be using another remote to operate the volume on the Playbar or any other Soundbar?
Sorry but this is not acceptable, I am trying to eliminate remotes not add more. I like the TV but this might be a deal breaker.
Thank you for your response.

Just hung up with Hisense and the “solution is to have the audio go HDMI from the ARC output to a Soundbar that is has an HDMI ARC input.
I asked what are compatible, they did not have that information. I told them that is an AV experience as in Video AND Audio. One only does not cut it.
So now before I punt I will look for a Soundbar with an ARC HDMI input or maybe I will buy a different TV.

Sonos says if I have dongle, optical output from TV ARC output to a HDMI cable input to HDMI on a Sonos Beam, it will work. It would not work for a Sonos Playbar or a Playbase. I will know Friday if this works or not.
Dongle comes with the Sonos Beam

Im waitin until friday with your test because i only have optical soundbar. But i think i will return the tv because of this issue and other issue about android tv.

I have the H9F hooked up to a Sonos Beam and everything is working fine let us see how things continue.
If I have additional issues I will post.

Im waitin until friday with your test because i only have optical soundbar. But i think i will return the tv because of this issue and other issue about android tv.
I think HDMI is the better option. I ended up using a Sonos Beam and not the Sonos Playbar for this reason and it was less expensive in my mid size room.

hinsense 55 h9f -polk signa2 soundbar- same issue with arc, also wi-fi connectivity, apps loading issues and other hiccups ... such a sad shame. beautiful picture, sound not too bad. just don't know if i can keep it with these immediate problems already

Last edited:
So I was having the issue of the tv not letting me choose the Arc option. I had to run the Arc setup on my Onkyo receiver first then the tv automatically went to Arc. And it worked. Hope that helps someone.

:clap:
I got the remote to control my soundbar.

I am combining the 55" H9F and a Vizio Soundbar.
Note: My H9F is connected the the soundbar via Optical Toslink cable.

1. Block the audio from the built in speakers by:
> plugging any 3.5 mm jack into the Headphones jack.
> go into the H9F and set the audio to Headphones only.

2. Unpair the Bluetooth Remote.
I suggest pairing your phone "Android TV" App as a backup, but I don't need to use it.
Go to the Bluetooth settings on the H9F, and UNPAIR the bluetooth remote.
**The remote will fully continue to function, except google talk functionality.

3. The non-paired remote still controls the H9F and now the Vizio soundbar at the same time.

P.S. The remote now raises and lowers the volume on all my (3) Vizio soundbars.

-- Feemer

My H9F started ignoring the "ARC" selection, even though it worked before and it was not greyed out. Tried everything obvious, like resetting, power cycling, re-seating cables, etc.

I finally got it to work again when I turned off HDMI control under settings -> inputs, restart the TV, and then turn HDMI control back on.

I hope it sticks, but at least it worked for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom