Hisense H9F Soundbar Issues

Bill George

Novice Member
I recently purchased a Hisense H9F and I really like the TV, but I’m having a hard time trying trying to pair it to a Soundbar. I have tried both a Sonos Beam and and Sonos Playbar. Spent 6 hours today with Highsense and Sonos and could not get a resolution. Next step is return the TV to Best Buy. The problem is I can’t turn off the internal speakers. When I try to select ARC in the speaker settings it will not accept the selection. Is this a known issue with the H9F and Sonos? I actually had it working for a brief time but then it returned to play internal speakers even when the volume was at zero, if I increased the volume both the TV speakers and Playbar played at once. Any suggestions before I return the set? Is my set or is it a Hisense issue across all the H9F? Thank you.

perry92i

Novice Member
i have the same issue i receive the tv today and i have a optical soundbar. i cant control de soundbar with the tv remote and i cant disable tv speakers...

Bill George

Novice Member
I am doing the exact same thing and waiting for BestBuy to come out and take back my TV and get another one, but now it looks it will not fix my issue. Bad news Hisense!
Sounds like this the way the TV works or does not?
I will be using another remote to operate the volume on the Playbar or any other Soundbar?
Sorry but this is not acceptable, I am trying to eliminate remotes not add more. I like the TV but this might be a deal breaker.
Thank you for your response.

Bill George

Novice Member
Just hung up with Hisense and the “solution is to have the audio go HDMI from the ARC output to a Soundbar that is has an HDMI ARC input.
I asked what are compatible, they did not have that information. I told them that is an AV experience as in Video AND Audio. One only does not cut it.
So now before I punt I will look for a Soundbar with an ARC HDMI input or maybe I will buy a different TV.

Bill George

Novice Member
Sonos says if I have dongle, optical output from TV ARC output to a HDMI cable input to HDMI on a Sonos Beam, it will work. It would not work for a Sonos Playbar or a Playbase. I will know Friday if this works or not.
Dongle comes with the Sonos Beam

perry92i

Novice Member
Im waitin until friday with your test because i only have optical soundbar. But i think i will return the tv because of this issue and other issue about android tv.

Bill George

Novice Member
I have the H9F hooked up to a Sonos Beam and everything is working fine let us see how things continue.
If I have additional issues I will post.

Bill George

Novice Member
Im waitin until friday with your test because i only have optical soundbar. But i think i will return the tv because of this issue and other issue about android tv.
I think HDMI is the better option. I ended up using a Sonos Beam and not the Sonos Playbar for this reason and it was less expensive in my mid size room.