Hisense H8G Owner's Thread & Discussion

Boomenbass

Novice Member
I have the H8G 75 and the firmware doesn't seem to be updating over wifi as I have gone to the system update and checked. My current version is from Feb 12, and Software Versiin V0000.01.00A.K0214. Thanks for your help!

WackyWombat61

Novice Member
I have the H8G 75 and the firmware doesn't seem to be updating over wifi as I have gone to the system update and checked. My current version is from Feb 12, and Software Versiin V0000.01.00A.K0214. Thanks for your help!
Based on reddit, it seems that they are rolling out the K0602 update slowly. I got mine, seemingly, randomly after turning my tv on one morning and trying to launch an app. It immediately stated that I needed to update. So, keep checking. I'm sure it will come in eventually.

ZeroIzzue

Novice Member
I received my 65H8G two weeks ago, and I've experienced twice that the TV won't turn on with a remote. Each time I have to unplug the TV and plug it back in before being able to turn it on again. Anyone else have the same issue, and do you know the cause?

Ezilyamuzed

I've had mine since April, and no issues like that. Perhaps just defective and needs a warranty replacement? Would contact Hisense.

tsakana

Novice Member
I just recently purchased this TV and find it to be a great TV overall. However, I do notice some horizontal banding in some scenes, particularly with solid colors (not sure I’m describing this properly). You can see it quite prominently on these test screens. Has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• CB03BEF5-2233-4534-B392-CD58C41CEE89.jpeg
    CB03BEF5-2233-4534-B392-CD58C41CEE89.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 184
  • FFFE65EA-F6E9-4266-94A2-B773FC6AF141.jpeg
    FFFE65EA-F6E9-4266-94A2-B773FC6AF141.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 164

Ezilyamuzed

Do you have any of the misc. processing during the tests? If there's one weak aspect of this television, it's the motion interpolation, dynamic backlighting etc.

Overall after messing with it and turning most of that off, I'm very pleased with the overall picture.

tsakana

Novice Member
Do you have any of the misc. processing during the tests? If there's one weak aspect of this television, it's the motion interpolation, dynamic backlighting etc.

Overall after messing with it and turning most of that off, I'm very pleased with the overall picture.
I’ve tried it both with those on and off. Doesn’t seem to make a difference. I will say that in 90% of the content I watch I don’t notice it, but the scenes where I do it bugs me. I realize there are going to be some compromises with TVs at this price point, so maybe this is just something I need to get used to.

swordspirit80

Novice Member
Not sure if my issue is the same, but I'm finding that SOME content in Dolby Vision on my 75H8G flickers in the black bars around the picture. It's basically too annoying to watch. On my Blu-Ray player I am able to turn off Dolby Vision and just play content in HDR. No problem! I've noticed this with the Jaws movie and the new Indiana Jones movies that came out. Also, with my HW-Q600A Sony soundbar, I notice that if I switch sources that the sound gets funky. Like crackly/static-y. I just reboot everything and seems to clear it up. These two issues are the bane of my existence currently. I've tried numerous cables, ports, etc. That doesn't work. Also factory reset. Nope. I have the latest firmware on all my devices.

Dknight

Novice Member
I purchased the H8G 65 a year ago and have nothing but issues with it. First TV that I purchased with Android TV and I'm not a fan. Constantly having to clear the cache for the apps that you use frequently. Apps crash or won't load after a few days of viewing. Very frustrating. I called Hisense twice and they had me factory reset the TV. Of course it worked fine for a couple of days but back to the caching issue. Then a year to the date of purchase, I turned on the TV and got RGB white and black flashing at me. Now BestBuy has to come out and troubleshoot the panel. 3 troubleshooting calls in order to trade it in! Just over it!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom