Hisense H75N6800 Review & Discuss

Naqv

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know it's probably coming to the end of (sale) life for the 6800 series, but I could not find any thread related to the 75" N6800 model.
I have purchased this from Richer Sounds and is due to arrive this Friday. I will let everyone know my thoughts as I can't find any owners discussions etc on the internet.

Anyone have any recommendations for cantilever type stands for this tv. Again, I am having trouble finding any sort of stands for 75" TV's. The tv weights 37.3kg and supports 400x400 VESA mounts.

I am moving up from a Hisense 55" K720 curved model. I was about to pull the trigger on the sony KD-75XE9005 which is highly rated, but hesitated at the last minute because:
1) I didn't want to pay an extra £1100 for the Sony over the Hisense (bought for £1499 with 6 year warranty from Richer Sounds). In my opinion, with the limited HDR content that I watch, I don't think I would notice the difference between the two! I have had premium tvs in past.
2) I have the 55" Hisense K720 from a few years back and am completely satisfied with how it has performed connected to my PS4 Pro. I am VERY impressed with the HD picture quality. Although the K720 is direct lit and has something like 80 local dimming zones, I am hoping the 6800 can match the picture quality as a few years and few iterations of Hisense TV's have passed.

I'm looking at getting this 75 inch TV myself so be good to hear your thoughts I currently have the 65m7000 had it about 2 years now and it's been amazing it's only local dimming like the 75 inch your getting but honestly it's a superb tv

not much of a smart system but you already probably know this from your previous hisense but I use a nvidia shield anyway so doesn't matter

I was looking at richer sounds too £1499 for the 75 inch I brought my 65m7000 from richer sounds as well

Looking forward to your thoughts on the 75 I checked mate

Will let you know over the weekend. I have experience of high end tv's so know what to look out for.

Really in the days where people are pointlessly purchasing 40"/43" UHD TVs it really has to be seen how much UHD looks at most people's viewing distances on a much larger TV.

For many people they can't view close enough to optimally benefit from UHD on even a 75" TV so I think at the price you got and your prospected uses, a very good buy.

Really in the days where people are pointlessly purchasing 40"/43" UHD TVs it really has to be seen how much UHD looks at most people's viewing distances on a much larger TV.

For many people they can't view close enough to optimally benefit from UHD on even a 75" TV so I think at the price you got and your prospected uses, a very good buy.
I would say so too and for me if I got the 75 inch TV i think I would stop there for some time

I can fit a 75 inch on my stand but anything over that would be silly until maybe short throw projectors become cheaper I would maybe go bigger but 75 will be it for me

I know it's probably coming to the end of (sale) life for the 6800 series, but I could not find any thread related to the 75" N6800 model.
I have purchased this from Richer Sounds and is due to arrive this Friday. I will let everyone know my thoughts as I can't find any owners discussions etc on the internet.

Anyone have any recommendations for cantilever type stands for this tv. Again, I am having trouble finding any sort of stands for 75" TV's. The tv weights 37.3kg and supports 400x400 VESA mounts.

I am moving up from a Hisense 55" K720 curved model. I was about to pull the trigger on the sony KD-75XE9005 which is highly rated, but hesitated at the last minute because:
1) I didn't want to pay an extra £1100 for the Sony over the Hisense (bought for £1499 with 6 year warranty from Richer Sounds). In my opinion, with the limited HDR content that I watch, I don't think I would notice the difference between the two! I have had premium tvs in past.
2) I have the 55" Hisense K720 from a few years back and am completely satisfied with how it has performed connected to my PS4 Pro. I am VERY impressed with the HD picture quality. Although the K720 is direct lit and has something like 80 local dimming zones, I am hoping the 6800 can match the picture quality as a few years and few iterations of Hisense TV's have passed.

Really looking forward to your views on this one and grateful for any pictures you can post too, sorely tempted to pull the trigger but would like some opinion on it in action before doing so!

Has it arrived yet then?! :)

Yes finally set it up. It is massive. First impressions. Excellent with no banding clouding nothing. Just perfect without touching any settings.

Phone app is not letting me attach photos. I will change the settings now and attach photos tomorrow. Test using gaming, movies (for banding etc), 4k mkv movies, fast sport.

Updated firmware using wifi and on the firmware update screen. Blacks are ink blanks. No clouding or banding of any sort. Difficult to capture on camera as camera shows the ebtire screen as cloudy. In real life jet black with no halos around white text in centre. Seriously amazed so far. Thank god I saved £1200 by not purchasing the expensive sets.

In game mode I see halos around white ps4 pattern with black screen and a little clouding in pure black screen. Cant see it in dynamic mode with local dimming etc. No distraction whatsoever as minor and to be expected.

Youtube 4k in dynamic mode. Absolutely stunning; surely cant get better than this. No issues whatsoever.

Gaming mode on ps4 at 4k hdr i was getting no lag but motion blur when panning. I switched on gaming mode and this helped a lot. Switched on motion plus clear setting and cleared. Too many settings but the settings work great like local dimming and medium contrast ratio for punchy dynamic pictures.

I am seriously impressed with this tv and would not pay anything extra for more expensive sets apart from oled (but i find oled dull and no where near the brightness of led).
Very impressive set from hisense. There is some clouding when all settings are off but no banding. Clouding was ony viewed with all settings off. When local dimming and auto contrast switched on. Clouding pretty much gone.

Sound is brilliant woth autosonic settings like going from analogue to audii out with dac; pretty much like a dac and very loud.

Menu is smooth and internet and youtube very quick.

4k is faultless. Absolutely faultless. It looks so good whether its hdr or not not sure but dynamic mode is so bright punch colours might as well be hdr. Probably is.

Watching football. Seriously that guy who said he had a problem. Try the motion plus settings. Yes without it its choppy. However, even on the lowest setting "clear" its completely gone.

For the price i cant fault the tv all. Perfect for me. I would like to say that the sony ex9005 that I have seen is not worth £1100 more. You are talking about 5% improvement in certain scenarios for a lot of money.

Last edited:
Some pictures.
20180428_002739_HDR.jpg
20180428_000920.jpg
20180427_234802_HDR.jpg
1524868976566.jpg

The only problem is that after watching 4k, EVERYTHING looks crap. I played driveclub just to make sure motion lag is acceptable. It definately is acceptable in game mode.

The only problem is that after watching 4k, EVERYTHING looks crap. I played driveclub just to make sure motion lag is acceptable. It definately is acceptable in game mode.
I never time to play games with 2 little girls running rungs around me but they do love their TV and movies and 75 for me could be the last size I go up to

Updated firmware using wifi and on the firmware update screen. Blacks are ink blanks. No clouding or banding of any sort. Difficult to capture on camera as camera shows the ebtire screen as cloudy. In real life jet black with no halos around white text in centre. Seriously amazed so far. Thank god I saved £1200 by not purchasing the expensive sets.

In game mode I see halos around white ps4 pattern with black screen and a little clouding in pure black screen. Cant see it in dynamic mode with local dimming etc. No distraction whatsoever as minor and to be expected.

Youtube 4k in dynamic mode. Absolutely stunning; surely cant get better than this. No issues whatsoever.

Gaming mode on ps4 at 4k hdr i was getting no lag but motion blur when panning. I switched on gaming mode and this helped a lot. Switched on motion plus clear setting and cleared. Too many settings but the settings work great like local dimming and medium contrast ratio for punchy dynamic pictures.

I am seriously impressed with this tv and would not pay anything extra for more expensive sets apart from oled (but i find oled dull and no where near the brightness of led).
Very impressive set from hisense. There is some clouding when all settings are off but no banding. Clouding was ony viewed with all settings off. When local dimming and auto contrast switched on. Clouding pretty much gone.

Sound is brilliant woth autosonic settings like going from analogue to audii out with dac; pretty much like a dac and very loud.

Menu is smooth and internet and youtube very quick.

4k is faultless. Absolutely faultless. It looks so good whether its hdr or not not sure but dynamic mode is so bright punch colours might as well be hdr. Probably is.

Watching football. Seriously that guy who said he had a problem. Try the motion plus settings. Yes without it its choppy. However, even on the lowest setting "clear" its completely gone.

For the price i cant fault the tv all. Perfect for me. I would like to say that the sony ex9005 that I have seen is not worth £1100 more. You are talking about 5% improvement in certain scenarios for a lot of money.

This is excellent and than you very much for taking the time to put this together. If you ever get a chance to record a few seconds of live football and can post that as a video I would be really keen to see it. Just need to persuade myself that the living room can handle an upgrade from 65 to 75 without feeling overcrowded now!

Any judder on films?

Any judder on films?

To be honest the settings are all over the place as different modes work well with different settings. Game mode works really well with gaming with quick response. There is a Game Mode HDR as well which works well with my Xbox one X (I get 4K, 60fps, HDR on xbox one x).

720p low bitrate streamed films look horrendous. This tv or perhaps any 75" tv destroys low quality videos! You need very high bitrate 720p or high bitrate 1080p minimum. 4K looks amazing, no fault whatsoever.

I was watching a high bitrate 1080p rip (my own) of Aliens, and the picture was shockingly good. The TV or rather xbox one x? upscales brilliantly. I thought I was watching a 4k version of the film based on the detail I saw.

There is some judder and motion artifacts, but it varies greatly with what you are watching.
The TV certainly doesnt compete with sony's motion handling, especially of non native formats. Native formats (Blu-ray, 4K, DVD, HD are all fine/perfect). It only varies greatly with stream or ripped stuff.
-Cinema mode works brilliantly with low bitrate stuff and improves things greatly. I find that when using custom motion processing and setting judder and the other setting to 3/10 is about right and handles stuff good.

Now available for £1349.10 from the ao.com eBay store when using code P10MAY - getting harder and harder to avoid pulling the trigger on this one!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom