Which 75" Telly

• Hisense H75B7510UK 75-Inch - 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • LG 75UK6200PLB 75-Inch - 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

RickyTip

Hi all.

I had a 75b7510 delivered yesterday and wanted some advice on setting it up today :)

I am currently using a 50 inch 1080p tv and have the following sources :-

Sky Q (new 4k one)
Amazon Fire 4k
Nintendo Wii U
Dvd player

They all connect into a Denon AV amp and then to the TV, this way i get DD5.1 and 1080p to the screen.

Now the problem is, my Denon reciever doesn't do 4k passthrough but i want to take advantage of the 4K i get via the Fire TV (Plex mainly) and the Sky Q box.

I also want to watch Prime and Netflix in 4k via the TV's in built app.

Am i correct in saying, if i connect the Sky Q / Fire Tv directly into the TV and then use HDMI 1 (arc) back to the receiver i would get a 4K picture and also 5.1 sound?

Would an optical be better than arc from the TV to the amp?

Thanks

Rick

bertha

Hi I’m looking at this tv too at the moment would rather put the £2k difference of say a Samsung q90 or an LG oled towards an 8K tv at some point when the tech settles in and content starts creeping out...so be interested to hear your thoughts on this enjoy your new purchase :)

ps sorry I don’t have the answer for you but hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Hi all.

I had a 75b7510 delivered yesterday and wanted some advice on setting it up today :)

Sky Q (new 4k one)
Amazon Fire 4k
Nintendo Wii U
Dvd player

They all connect into a Denon AV amp and then to the TV, this way i get DD5.1 and 1080p to the screen.

Now the problem is, my Denon reciever doesn't do 4k passthrough but i want to take advantage of the 4K i get via the Fire TV (Plex mainly) and the Sky Q box.

Am i correct in saying, if i connect the Sky Q / Fire Tv directly into the TV and then use HDMI 1 (arc) back to the receiver i would get a 4K picture and also 5.1 sound?

Thanks

Rick
I would think you would as you are watching say HDMI 2 with sky but you select hdmi arc input on your amp. The amp is only reproducing the sound not the picture, it only does that if you put everything through your amp then use the arc to and watch everything through hdmi 1(arc) on your tv only getting 1080p

Dodgexander

Yes
Makes no difference unless your receiver supports Atmos. Makes no difference anyway if you have no Atmos content.

Frisbeepop

Hi all.

Sky Q (new 4k one)
Amazon Fire 4k
Nintendo Wii U
Dvd player

Thanks

Rick
I’d suggest using the Fire TV 4k for Netflix and Prime. I only seemed to get 1080p off prime on the TV and Netflix could be flaky for 4k. Fire TV works great. Although I occasionally have to cycle standard/enhanced HDMI settings to force the fire stick into 4k rather than 1080p.

im using an AV amp bu I’ve tried direct connection to the TV with the fire stick and it still need a HDMI type cycle to go back to 4k.

Hoyland

Novice Member
Thanks for everyone's contributions to this thread.

I am going to buy the Hisense when it goes back on sale somewhere - at the moment can find it at £999.

My budget is circa £1200 for a 75 inch TV and it appears to be the best TV in that price bracket to the untrained eye!

Barthez

Im after this TV but can’t find it anywhere? Not sure if it’s production and/or stocking issues due to covid or the fact it’s been discontinued? - Is anyone else waiting patiently to buy this set?

Dodgexander

Im after this TV but can’t find it anywhere? Not sure if it’s production and/or stocking issues due to covid or the fact it’s been discontinued? - Is anyone else waiting patiently to buy this set?
It is a 2019 model so likely won't be back in stock. This is the closest model they have in 2020 ranges: https://hisense.co.uk/tvs/all-tvs/a7100f/

But it lacks a wide colour gamut compared to this TV. Not at all important though when you consider that is only beneficial for HDR, and for HDR use any budget TV is not suitable.

Dodgexander

Are you pretty much saying the HDR on this type of TV is a gimmick that doesn’t work?
Yes. But its not exclusive to this TV, but every TV and their dog. For an LCD TV to be suitable for HDR usage you need higher peak brightness and good local dimming. 1000 nits with good dimming is generally considered a baseline.

Right now the cheapest way to reach that at this size is to buy the 75" Samsung Q70R. From 2020 models the Q80T or Sony XH9505 (when the come down in price, I wouldn't recommend buying these right now)!

kbain

Novice Member
Looking at this model, and also the much larger Sony KD85XH8096BU but not sure if the Sony is worth the extra £1200.

Mostly using this for Sky, Netflix and gaming (PS4 but most likely PS5 down the line). Anyone got any opinion on which would be better?

Dodgexander

Looking at this model, and also the much larger Sony KD85XH8096BU but not sure if the Sony is worth the extra £1200.

Mostly using this for Sky, Netflix and gaming (PS4 but most likely PS5 down the line). Anyone got any opinion on which would be better?
Both TVs will offer similar strengths and weaknesses and are considered low range models.

PS4/PS5 gaming, a lot is about HDR, so you need to consider spending more money if you intend to use the TV for HDR.

At the larger sizes really from 2020 models that comes down to models such as the Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q80T. At least.

Frisbeepop

would this be better for gaming than the B7510?
the Hisense 7510 has low lag but my model has a screen tearing error at the top of the screen when using Game mode on any input or picture mode. Doesn’t really have any impact but is irritating. Still no update From Hisnese after. A number of months from reporting it.

for tv watching, the new 7100 lacks Dolby Vision over HDR10+ on the new one. Dolby Vision is much more widespread on streaming Services on Netflix, Apple TV, Disney plus, Plus many UHd blu rays. Where s Prime Video only supports HDR10+ on limited range of material and a few random UHD blu rays. Dolby Vision works well on lower end sets by controlling settings for HDR scene by scene so can provide a consistent picture.

I’d say buy the 7510 and save £1200 for something else. 7100 appears to be inferior. Love my 7510 bar that one niggle with Game Mode. It’s not laggy With it off but clearly better to have on for reaction times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Sticking Dolby Vision/HDR10+ on a TV with these specs is purely a marketing box-ticking exercise.

The HDR on them is only useful for tone mapping so the colours don't look all washed out as they did on early non-HDR 4K TVs when viewing HDR content. You're not getting any real HDR benefits as they haven't the brightness or ability to display the contrast range required.

Dodgexander

would this be better for gaming than the B7510?
TVs are sold in a series, with next to no difference between each TV. In 2019 Hisense budget UHD range was their B series with models such as B7100, B7120, B7300, B7500, B7510. They are all the same TV but sold with minor differences. Some models are only sold at certain sizes.

In 2020 there new budget range is the A series. This time we have A7100, AE7400, A7500 etc. Once again, small differences.

Typically year to year there's next to no advancements made in picture quality, just more up to date smart TV and small gains in speed of the ui and picture processing.

The way manufacturers mass produce TVs nowadays you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference between one of the new 75" models compared to the old one. They still will use the same production line, same panel, same inner workings etc.

The biggest uncertainty with any new TV is its picture accuracy. Last year the B series was pretty good for a budget set. Not so sure if that will be the same with the new A series, it should be, but not certain.

bobski1080

Standard Member
Hi All
Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread?
Looking for a 75” TV for a new bar/ games room area approx 7m x 5.5m
Will be mainly for watching sport via Sky HD, Netflix, Amazon.
I have to admit, I don’t really fully understand all the HDR stuff etc
Currently have a couple of 55” TVs in different rooms.
Sony KD55XG9505 which I’m very happy with.
Samsung UE55NU7100 which I hate. Very wishy washy colour and contrast and does a weird thing to the picture quality that looks unreal when watching movies unless it’s in movie mode which is rubbish for normal tv.
if I could get something similar quality to the Sony for £1 - 1.5k I’d be happy. Am I expecting too much for this price?
If I drop to 65” what should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance.

Dodgexander

Hi All
Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread?
Looking for a 75” TV for a new bar/ games room area approx 7m x 5.5m
Will be mainly for watching sport via Sky HD, Netflix, Amazon.
I have to admit, I don’t really fully understand all the HDR stuff etc
Currently have a couple of 55” TVs in different rooms.
Sony KD55XG9505 which I’m very happy with.
Samsung UE55NU7100 which I hate. Very wishy washy colour and contrast and does a weird thing to the picture quality that looks unreal when watching movies unless it’s in movie mode which is rubbish for normal tv.
if I could get something similar quality to the Sony for £1 - 1.5k I’d be happy. Am I expecting too much for this price?
If I drop to 65” what should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance.
You can still pick up the XG9505 occasionally from Sony direct, refurbished. See:

They also sold a 65" and 75" version, the 75" may be rare to appear compared to 65" though.

Otherwise right now most 2020 models are overpriced. But the Hisense U8Q recently got a good review here on AV forums and costs a fraction of what TVs should cost of its overall quality, especially given the current time of year when 2020 models from other manufacturers are very overpriced.

If you wait, the Hisense will probably drop even farther come Black Friday. If instead you are looking to buy a comparable Sony, wait for the new XH9505 to come down in price, its the successor to the XG9505. The 65" should be in your budget come Black Friday, but you may be out of luck trying to afford the 75" TV new.

Its also worth considering both the LG B9 and Philips OLED754 OLEDs are priced at £1600 right now for 65". So if you are looking for something a bit more special than the Hisense, these would be my picks to buy presently.

saayinla

Hi All, I am new to the Shield TV 2019 coming from a Firestick 4k on This TV purely because the shield pass through DOlby ATmos to my Audio receiver on Plex etc.

I can watch Dolby movies etc on Netflix but the shield suggesting my TV only support up dolby/hdr up to 23.976 and I can view anything with higher Hz. What is the maximum support refresh support on the shield for Dolby Vision/HDR

IMG_20200907_134157.jpg

Dodgexander

I can watch Dolby movies etc on Netflix but the shield suggesting my TV only support up dolby/hdr up to 23.976 and I can view anything with higher Hz. What is the maximum support refresh support on the shield for Dolby Vision/HDR
All HDR video is shot at 24 fps so it is correct to see only Dolby Vision and HDR 10 for that option.

Harmon3k

Novice Member
Often a TV they say has a higher number can actually be worse than a lower number.
[/QUOTE]

Which one to choose, there is no money for a more expensive model. Excuse the bad English.
It will be used to play games xbox series x, ps5 and Netflix watched
Thank you
Hisense h65u8b
Lg 65SM8500
Samsung 65RU8000

I still consider this model H75B7510 there is a big difference compared quality? to LG 65sm,h65u8b,Samsung 65RU8000

Thank you

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lithe Audio AirPlay 2 ceiling speakers world's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett