Which 75" Telly

• Hisense H75B7510UK 75-Inch - 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • LG 75UK6200PLB 75-Inch - 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Sbucks

Novice Member
I am considering this TV for my main living room which is quite bright.
Can anyone comment on the brightness and viewing angles?

kocar89

Standard Member
Brihtness for bright scenes good, watching anything dark i set to dynamic hdr and its better. Otherwise watching anything dark is a challenge during the day, but still managable.
Wieving angles deteriote some, but not a lot. Same here if you watch darker scenes you can notice backlight at angle, but it aint that bad. In brighter screens i havent really notice any problems no matter the hozr of the day

kocar89

Standard Member
I like dynamic where you can set it (netflix, prime..), for most of the sources, in Dolby i have it on bright.
But like Dodgexander said, its not natural from what movie directors intended, but i prefer it to be more vivid colours..
I havent done any other specific settings, too lazy unfortunately haha 😅

TheDarkKnight01

I have "Standard", "Cinema day", "Cinema night", "Dynamic" or "Sport".

The cinema ones seem to be quite dark and with a brown sort of tinge (best way I can describe it).

Dynamic is the only one that seems to try and make the colours "pop" but then again you can see it is "adding" that I guess?

I presume that darker scenes will also be effected by the Dynamic setting?

The standard one again does look "darker" than the Dynamic setting so I am just not sure on which one I should be using.

kocar89

Standard Member
For me i was on standard for few weeks, after watching during the day, i needed dynamic so i could see anything :)
And like you said on dynamic colours pop more, but then again it is not natural to live colours.
You can see that sometimes on faces of people, they tend to be more pink i think, but still i prefer using dynamic, cause once you go from standard to dynamic, you dont want to go back :)
Its whatever suits you beet, no rule here as i was explained :)

saayinla

Anyone uses the plex built in app, it is always transcoding all 4k hvec mkv files I play into 1080p even though direct stream is enabled. Is the build in app useless and I have to use an external device for playback?

TheDarkKnight01

Anyone uses the plex built in app, it is always transcoding all 4k hvec mkv files I play into 1080p even though direct stream is enabled. Is the build in app useless and I have to use an external device for playback?
I couldn't get any 4K content to play at all on the built in Plex app on the TV without it buffering every half second.

Ran through loads of different variations and tests on the network and still would not play.

I then used an Xbox One X and viewed 4K content on the Plex app on there and it plays 4K content flawlessly.

So for me at least it pointed towards the in-built app being the issue.

Can you test it using a different device such as an Xbox One X or something similar?

saayinla

Juat just realised I have a 4k firestick from months ago from one of the amazon prime sales. Streaming hevc flawlessly via the firestick 4k to the hisense. No buffering etc.

Is anyone able to confirm the speed of the ethernet port, I am thinking 10/100 shame. I am now using a unifi ac lite in the same room.

YouTube netflix and plex 4k all working okay.

Thanks for your time

TheDarkKnight01

Juat just realised I have a 4k firestick from months ago from one of the amazon prime sales. Streaming hevc flawlessly via the firestick 4k to the hisense. No buffering etc.

Is anyone able to confirm the speed of the ethernet port, I am thinking 10/100 shame. I am now using a unifi ac lite in the same room.

YouTube netflix and plex 4k all working okay.

Thanks for your time
I believe it is 100Mb/s (which should still be enough to play 4K material).

For some reason it just doesn’t play 4K content on the TV through the built in app.

Glad you got it sorted with using the Firestick.

Mazrus

Standard Member
So is the picture quality of the Hisense better than the LG?

Also, with the Hisense is there any way to turn the standby light off? LG offer this and I love it, because I hate standby lights.

Dodgexander

What about the Samsung UE75TU7000KXXU? Better picture again?
Unknown panel type much the same as the 2019 RU series. If it has an unknown panel type I can't personally recommend it. If you aren't fussed which panel type you receive on the TV then there's nothing really wrong with it other than it probably being priced more than it will in a few months time since its a new 2020 model.

Special reasoning regarding my lack of Samsung recommendations in my best buy guide here: My best value TVs, 2019-2020 Edition

Philips are also bad with this, but Samsung the worst.