Question Hisense H65U8BUK Dead Pixels?

JoshShep

I'm getting no help from the Hisense section on this forum so I though I'd ask on here.

My Hisense U8B has what appears to be dead/stuck pixels can you tell me what you think please. There is around 14 from what I can see but I keep finding more.

If this was yours would you try get it replaced? I've read usually dead pixels leads to more. This panel also suffers from backlight bleed.

Any advice would be great, I've tried the videos to unstick them to no avail.

Regards,

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_154128.jpg
    IMG_20200515_154128.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_20200515_154111.jpg
    IMG_20200515_154111.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20200515_154042.jpg
    IMG_20200515_154042.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20200513_230158.jpg
    IMG_20200513_230158.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 334

dts

Distinguished Member
Depending on how long you have had the tv for,then I would contact the place where you purchased the tv from,and also contact Hisence and explain the problem you have.

JoshShep

Depending on how long you have had the tv for,then I would contact the place where you purchased the tv from,and also contact Hisence and explain the problem you have.

The place I purchased aren't willing to help me. And I'm waiting on a reply from Hisense. This is the first TV I have had from them, and not sure what their after sales support is like. I just hope I'm not going to be fobbed off, like the seller has done. From what I can make out there's a clear issue with the panel on this TV. I'm hoping for a replacement panel or complete exchange on the TV. Fingers crossed Hisense will sort this out.

JoshShep

Where are you located and how long have you had the TV?

UK and had the TV since the 14th Jan, for numerous reasons the TV was kept inside the box, and only just got around to setting it up quite recently. I noticed the issues and messaged the seller, they said because it's been longer than 30 days there's nothing they can do.

I'm hoping Hisense will resolve this. Will keep this thread updated.

JoshShep

Where did you buy it from, and did you use a credit card

I purchased from a company on eBay. Store name is cheaper than the high street. (CHS UK) is there official name as printed on the invoice that got sent to me.

I paid using PayPal. They have just fobbed me off, saying because the 30 days have passed. It's Hisense's problem.

I have stated I have consumer rights, and my problem is with vendor but they haven't even replied to my messages.

I wish I would have checked the TV sooner, but wasn't in a position to use the TV at the time. I knew the screen turned on and wasn't cracked during transit, but obviously had no idea on the actual panel in terms of pixels and backlight uniformity.

depot

You could try going to the PayPal resolution site, and raising a complaint, you were delivered a faulty tv, you get 180 days with PayPal to start a complaint, it’s worth a try, and it won’t interfere with hisense if they decide to change it, you can just close the complaint.

JoshShep

Hi,

This is my response from Hisense;

Thank you for sending in the photos. Our escalations team have had a look at your case. What you have on your screen are not dead pixels, they are blemishes. As they are all not clustered together, this does not a warranty fault. If you are still unhappy with the TV you can speak to your retailer, to see what they can do for you.

The retailer won't help me. And also why did the TV come with blemishes from factory? The "blemishes" are behind the screen. If they aren't dead pixels and they are blemishes, why is this deemed acceptable?

I feel like banging my head against a wall.

JoshShep

Just had this from Hisense, they can't even service my TV due to it having no warranty. The item was sold on eBay with warranty but it doesn't even apply.

This is ridiculous 😡

My only hope is with PayPal now, what else can I do?

If I wanted to extend the warranty and something like the power supply went I'd be without a TV.

Nasty seller beware everyone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521-122117.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-122117.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_20200521-130054.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-130054.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 286

ynotamil

Novice Member
Just had this from Hisense, they can't even service my TV due to it having no warranty. The item was sold on eBay with warranty but it doesn't even apply.

This is ridiculous 😡

My only hope is with PayPal now, what else can I do?

If I wanted to extend the warranty and something like the power supply went I'd be without a TV.

Nasty seller beware everyone!
Hello everyone,
I am in South Africa. Here Hisense gives a 4-year warranty, but their help desk is like talking to a wall. I bought my 50" UHD in FEB 2016, the warranty ended in FEB 2020 and the screen "ended" in May 2020, short of 3 months past the warranty. They are good at calculation how long the product lasts; very precise. I complained to Hisense and the reply was: sorry, we can fix it but you (me) have to pay for the repairs; if you want that call this number (Hisense workshop number in Johannesburg). I was told by a friend that repairs TVs, that the problem that I am facing is an expensive one (sort of 1/2 the price of a new set) and he recommends not to go that way since he had some experiences before with the problem that I am facing and the repairs normally last very little time, kind of 6 months at best. So, my solution: throw away a 4-year-old screen and buy another one. Goodbye Hisense, you lost a client.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom