Hisense H65N6800 4K LED TV Review & comments

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Native works ok-ish but red is still not achievable and you still get the flash if you use the CMS.

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Bt709 produces orange instead of red. No amount of playing with the white balance or CMS achieves any shade of red...this of course affects yellow as well but not so noticeable as red.

degeneration

Novice Member
That with all batches of the 55m7000? Or only select ones? Throws a spanner in the works of my current choices as the 55m700p was top of the list!

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
These problems don't exist on the 65" buy that has flashing black bars when watching films in 'scope

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Well they broke it with a firmware update so probably fixable as well. They've been promising to fix it since they broke so they'll be no holding of breath here

dawson001

What's really putting me off this TV is that its only has a native 50hz panel. Should that really be putting me off??

Steve Withers

Reviewer
What's really putting me off this TV is that its only has a native 50hz panel. Should that really be putting me off??
There's no reason why a 50Hz panel should be an issue but the best thing to do would be to demo the N6800 first and make sure you're happy.

r6biddy

Standard Member
Picked up 50n6800 last night, set to recommended settings on here and am very happy with the picture.

ound not touched yet it's ok but certainly not the best. Samsung 40KU6400 I have being a much better sounding TV.

Doesn't seem to like my current HDMI lead from the Virgin V6 box keeps telling me no signal, otherwise though menu apps Netflix, Amazon brilliant, showing HDR when applicable. Tried a HDR feed from you tube, didn't change to HDR picture settings. Not sure why yet, will play a little more this evening.

Overall very pleased with decision made, was this or £100 more and a Panasonic EX700B.

dawson001

There's no reason why a 50Hz panel should be an issue but the best thing to do would be to demo the N6800 first and make sure you're happy.
So you wouldn't get flickering lines and judders with a 50hz panel?

Steve Withers

Reviewer
So you wouldn't get flickering lines and judders with a 50hz panel?
Well I didn't see any flickering lines or judder and a lot of so called 100Hz TVs just use a 50Hz panel and flash the backlight to create 100Hz.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Hisense have confirmed that Freeview Play will be added via a firmware update in the third quarter (between now and the end of August) and they will add HLG support via a firmware update in the fourth quarter (possibly October but could be later in the year).

Steve Withers

Reviewer
I believe N6800 have a 8bit panel and you said it's 10bit??? The Hisense information says 8bit.
You're quite right, it uses 8-bit + 2 dither. I suppose we should congratulate Hisense on being honest, unlike some other manufacturers.

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
The days of budget edge lit should well and truly be over! You can get almost 100 zone FALD's for $599 in the states.
But then you have toive in the states

mrspecial

You're quite right, it uses 8-bit + 2 dither. I suppose we should congratulate Hisense on being honest, unlike some other manufacturers.
Are you sure it's 8bit? I have the 55N7 which I believe is the same as 55N6800, and according to a post here (admittedly maybe not the most reliable source, although that user always posts a lot of info about Hisense TVs), the N7's are 10bit.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
There's a lot of misinformation regarding whether panels are actually full 10 bit or 8bit + 2 dither because certain manufacturers have been less than honest about this, particularly Samsung, and because these TVs can all accept a 10-bit signal making it hard to actually tell one way or the other. The Ultra HD Alliance only requires that a TV be able to accept a 10-bit signal, so even Ultra HD Premium certification isn't a guarantee.

hype_male

4k tv Resolution vs projector image size, which should be taken into consideration more when trying to decide between 1080p projector or 4k TV. On one hand the potential image size from a projector is nothing to laugh at, on the other hand you would expect 4k to be more superior due to the resolution.

I would love to hear from any one who have or compare both and tell me which whether a 4k tv would be better than a full hd projector to the resolution.

mrspecial

Don't know why you're posting in this thread but in my opinion a projector and a 4k TV are two totally different animals.

I have a projector (pretty old and not HD), and it was pretty impressive for parties to project such a big screen but the fan sound irritated me most of the time and with the bulb needing replacement every now and then I always felt like the clock was ticking when I was watching it. I haven't seen modern HD projectors in person but personally I'd much rather have a nice bright and crisp large modern 4k TV for everyday watching. 4k on a large screen is pretty impressive. Hell, I've got a 55" 4k TV and I find that pretty impressive. 4k HDR looks amazing.

daryld1988

has anyone tried this set for watching football yet is banding an issue on this 1 i have the hisense 65 ks5510 and it suffers from this just wanted to check and see if this had been resolved in the current set thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom