Hisense H65N6800 4K LED TV Review & comments

Hey Steve, great review as always. I am waiting for a follow up to the M7000. Do you know what it's called or when it's due? (UK)

Hey Steve, great review as always. I am waiting for a follow up to the M7000. Do you know what it's called or when it's due? (UK)

FYI for anyone that cares, the M7000 is now £599 in Richer Sounds

As far as I can tell the Hisense UK line-up for 2017 is the N9700, N6800, N5750 and N5700, so it doesn't look as though there will be a direct replacement for the M7000.

Steve I have seen both the n6800 and m7000 in action. I found the m7000 much nicer with the upscaling from 720/1080i sources the 6800 seemed soft in comparison. Do you know if it is the same panel between models as blacks looked better on the 6800. Also you mention freeview play what firmware was the TV running?

Steve I have seen both the n6800 and m7000 in action. I found the m7000 much nicer with the upscaling from 720/1080i sources the 6800 seemed soft in comparison. Do you know if it is the same panel between models as blacks looked better on the 6800. Also you mention freeview play what firmware was the TV running?
As far as I can tell the M7000 and N6800 appear to use similar VA panels, they certainly had the same black level measurements and colour gamut. I'm afraid I don't know what firmware version the review sample was running and it's gone back now.

Ok that's a shame thanks for getting back to me

Sadly another review that screams "get last years model" in this case the M7000. The only real advantage seems to be that Hisense correct some of the issues from the previous years TV's and you possibly get a product that might have less issues ... the contrast ratio is impressive in this TV as well but the useless local dimming would be a big no, no for me.

It is pretty clear that Hisense are aiming at taking Samsungs business share from them but I would have liked to see their high-end products continue - surely they must see the massive gap in the market for a decent 55" or 65" FALD TV in 2017??

Last edited:
Think it may have been built with a bit more of an eye on cost. M7000 issues getting close to resolved if you dont mind flashing the bin file provided by Hisense Germany. This new model for me is lacking in the scaler department which lets face it 95% of most general viewing requires for me anyway. In defence there are another models in the range so unfair as not comparing apples with apples :) I think its great that there is another player in the market so well done Hisense

Last edited:
So, if you had to pick one for watching upscaled SD and HD content, either the M7000 or N6800, which would it be?

Last edited:
For me the 7000 has a better picture under these circumstances however havent had the luxury of side by side comparisons. Seems to me like the 6800 needs to use ultra smooth under some circumstances on my sources and source material but this introduces other things. Maybe you need to tweak according to what you are watching? I think the new models n7 have a football profile from what I have read. I prefer a non processed picture on the m7000 on all TV's I have owned I always turn processing off.

Sadly another review that screams "get last years model" in this case the M7000. The only real advantage seems to be that Hisense correct some of the issues from the previous years TV's and you possibly get a product that might have less issues ... the contrast ratio is impressive in this TV as well but the useless local dimming would be a big no, no for me.

It is pretty clear that Hisense are aiming at taking Samsungs business share from them but I would have liked to see their high-end products continue - surely they must see the massive gap in the market for a decent 55" or 65" FALD TV in 2017??
The M7000 certainly is great value at £850 but I do think that Hisense have improved their gamma performance this year.

For me the 7000 has a better picture under these circumstances however havent had the luxury of side by side comparisons. Seems to me like the 6800 needs to use ultra smooth under some circumstances on my sources and source material but this introduces other things. Maybe you need to tweak according to what you are watching? I think the new models n7 have a football profile from what I have read. I prefer a non processed picture on the m7000 on all TV's I have owned I always turn processing off.
Football profiles or settings are just a marketing gimmick (over-saturated, over-processed, too bright), you should use the same day or night settings that you use for all your other TV watching but perhaps experiment with Ultra Smooth controls.

Yes was just demonstrating that maybe they know that under these conditions something extra is required due to a limitation. On the 7000 everything in my eyes was far improved with all the gimmicks off and as you say just using Cinema for night viewing and Standard for day viewing. I can see the picture being "built" when scenes change on the n6800 under some circumstances but find it hard to reproduce so struggle with the settings to iron it out. On the m7000 was just a case of turning smooth motion off. Tks

I can see the picture being "built" when scenes change on the n6800 under some circumstances but find it hard to reproduce so struggle with the settings to iron it out. On the m7000 was just a case of turning smooth motion off. Tks
Is that with local dimming on or off? The local dimming on the M7000 is definitely superior.

Yes local dimming off. I had my sky set to output 720p on the 6800 it didnt like that one little bit causing tearing on fast moving scenes. Wasnt even just me seeing it left the missus with it watching a recording of Emmerdale and she called me in and set what is going on with this new TV. There was a scene where someone was throwing someone out so chucked a bag of clothes from behind a bar, it was just a blurry mess until changing to 1080i and messing with the ultra smooth. But this then introduced other problems. Cannot name the characters as dont watch it and apologies for the bad source material :)

I believe N6800 have a 8bit panel and you said it's 10bit??? The Hisense information says 8bit.

It does irk me somewhat when I read, it's better to have local dimming off........edge lits can actually produce effective local dimming, so in a fairly dark environment, this TV isn't going to look very good at all when displaying black.........i tried using my DX902 with local dimming off just using it's native 5000:1 CR recently, and it's ridiculous how bad it looked compared to having it on, how on earth can the Hisense control contrasting scenes using HDR content and no local dimming....? I know it's a budget brand n all, but they are trying to be a budget brand offering quality! Look at the $599 55" 72 zone TCL in the US. It can be done.

what about the audio ? I tried 2 sets (model names escape me), but both had atrocious audio and had to go back.
I read on these pages, that it's a common thing - at that time.
Has it got better ?
I'm looking for a 40" set for the bedroom, but been skipping this brand.

what about the audio ? I tried 2 sets (model names escape me), but both had atrocious audio and had to go back.
I read on these pages, that it's a common thing - at that time.
Has it got better ?
I'm looking for a 40" set for the bedroom, but been skipping this brand.
Why not invest in an av amp and speakers? Picture and sound sorted [emoji12]

Thanks for that.
I have another message on here asking about 40" tv's, where I explain that the picture wasn't great either. I'm comparing it to my existing Toshiba, which is getting on a bit !
Of course, they are updated all the time.
Talking of audio, any idea what i'll need to get 5.1 s/s on my LG E55 please ?
My previous 'lounge' Toshiba had s/s built in so I got used to it.
I can't afford a lot, but an "av amp" dosn't sound that expensive ???
I have speakers from the Tosh, & I have a NEW 6 speaker kit that I inadvertently bought when looking for s/s previously !!!
cheers again

apologies for jumping in on your question,,,, it occurred to me whilst answering Wavod, & I just kept typing.
Hopefully the info will help others too.
Good luck

The 55" m7000 is broken. Avoid like the plague. Early reports suggest that the problems have been fixed on the 55" 6800.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom