Question Hisense H65B7500 "yellow tint/stain on the edges"

viBe95

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a Hisense H65B7500 Tv, at first I didn't notice but after a couple days of using it, I started noticing on both edges what I can describe as "yellowish tint or stain" visible on white background. My question is, is this a serious problem or is something "normal" for this type of panel at this price range ? Below I will attach some photos.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20201005_193136.jpg
    IMG_20201005_193136.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_20201005_193147.jpg
    IMG_20201005_193147.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_20201005_193208.jpg
    IMG_20201005_193208.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 752
This will be a backlight problem or a screen defect. Call for service.

@Mary/John, thank you for your answer.

Any other opinion ? Is this a case that is worth calling for service or is something that they may see as "normal", considering the fact that I bought the tv a month ago on 16.09.

Another thing. This problem is not visible just on static white background, it appears on normal viewing as well, when there's a light image.

Last edited:
I have the 55inch version and that's definitely not normal,you should call them and get them to come and take a look at it

@Mary/John, thank you for your answer.

Any other opinion ? Is this a case that is worth calling for service or is something that they may see as "normal", considering the fact that I bought the tv a month ago on 16.09.

Another thing. This problem is not visible just on static white background, it appears on normal viewing as well, when there's a light image.

I work at retail selling tvs, and unfortunatelly your not alone. I have tested the 43, 50, 55 and 65 models i have on display and all have the same problem, same for the entry level tvs, only on the U7B/A series and above does that black/yellow border "dirty" effect arent present (altough youre´s do seem more yellow, here i see mostly is blackish"). The problem here is most ppl never notices this since its not that huge of a problem but you can see it easilly by watching a static color.
If it makes you feel better the A series this year also have that problem plus edge screen "bleed".
If you spot it once and it bothers you ... you will ALWAYS spot it because now you know its there and where to look , so my advice to you is .. return asap if you still can and swap for a better model.

Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine doesn't so they don't all have the same problem,he needs to get it fixed or swapped because that's not normal

Mine doesn't so they don't all have the same problem,he needs to get it fixed or swapped because that's not normal

Well i open several of them over the year and i have not seen one that doesnt have that problem, altough the severity of it is random. Samsung about 4 years ago suffered from the same problem and then fixed it, maybe they bought the panels from them lol
On the bright side i have a 50U7A working 12-14h a day here at the store on dynamic mode since 5/2019 and i have yet to see a single problem...

ps - and yes the store opens at 10h and closes at 24h ...

Well i open several of them over the year and i have not seen one that doesnt have that problem, altough the severity of it is random. Samsung about 4 years ago suffered from the same problem and then fixed it, maybe they bought the panels from them lol
On the bright side i have a 50U7A working 12-14h a day here at the store on dynamic mode since 5/2019 and i have yet to see a single problem...

ps - and yes the store opens at 10h and closes at 24h ...
The dirty screen in the corners are there and they are on most if not all of the cheaper tv's but the yellow on the screen is not normal. it seems I misread the post as you said the dirty screen affect is on most tv's and not the yellow on the pictures

The dirty screen in the corners are there and they are on most if not all of the cheaper tv's but the yellow on the screen is not normal. it seems I misread the post as you said the dirty screen affect is on most tv's and not the yellow on the pictures

The dirty screen effect is not present on the tu7000 for example and not on the un7000 (lg equivalent), it does appear on the tu8000 series from samsung and all the qled T series at a certain degree.
Lg is kind of a hit and miss since they use 50' and 60 panels they are not made by lg, since they only make 49,55 and 65, so when you see a 50 and 60 they are VA panel and not IPS but still almost none has this issue.
The yellow its a bit odd but not unprecedented at the hisense lineup.

One thing i know for sure, i send around 4 or 5 tvs to hisense to "repair" and they said they didnt notice any problem and its inconsistency from the VA panel .... so no repair... at least here in portugal. ...and yes i did send the pics from samsung va panels without any problem and they shrank their shoulders and send me to bug off .. .

Returning is not an option anymore, so I decided to call the service center. I show them the problem and the obvious answer was that this manifestation is not considered a defect and is not covered by warranty.

This is what they had to say about it:

"the phenomenon is caused by the thinning edge of the display, there the light meets a diffuser (a white plastic foil) that directs towards the display, for this reason it appears only on the edge"

At the end of the day on normal viewing everything looks normal. For me to see that yellow part I have to look for it ..

Last edited:
Returning is not an option anymore, so I decided to call the service center. I show them the problem and the obvious answer was that this manifestation is not considered a defect and is not covered by warranty.

This is what they had to say about it:

"the phenomenon is caused by the thinning edge of the display, there the light meets a diffuser (a white plastic foil) that directs towards the display, for this reason it appears only on the edge"

At the end of the day on normal viewing everything looks normal. For me to see that yellow part I have to look for it ..

So they pretty much said what they said to me ... "buzz off ... ". Better to say this phenomenon is caused by our poor engineering of the screen ... since its not present on the same year competitor tvs that actually knows how to make them, albeit they make many things right but the inconsistency of the lower end panels tends me to shift my costumers into another direction :|

I have read customer reviews in our country in the Czech Republic about this TV model and almost everyone draws attention to the (Dirty effect) poor screen backlight. According to the technical information, it should be a backlight (direct led), not an edge backlight (edge led). I personally would insist on repairing, refunding, or exchanging for another model.

I have read customer reviews in our country in the Czech Republic about this TV model and almost everyone draws attention to the (Dirty effect) poor screen backlight. According to the technical information, it should be a backlight (direct led), not an edge backlight (edge led). I personally would insist on repairing, refunding, or exchanging for another model.

No use, besides arguing with them via consumer i can talk to them comercially since i buy them to retail and its 0 support. At least over here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom