hisense h55m7000 issue. Firmware beta testing

for me it's the better for now.. for new fw...you can wait few days or few weeks...i don t know

yesterday they sent me another email to apologize for the delay ... they say that, being the main sponsor of the World Cup, they have a lot of work...waiting...

Maybe they should up there game. A new firmware was promised for the 65 so the world cup could be watched in UHD. The m7000 has now been removed from the approved list :-( I went back the official firmware so I had the iplayer app and put up with the blotchy faces etc just so I could watch it in UHD only for it to be removed. I have gone back to the south africa version as there was zero benefit in having the latest UK firmware infact it introduced other issues like the red blotchy faces, sound issues with hissing and far too loud on level 4. In the end I had to go out an buy another box so I can watch the football in UHD.

I just wish the F/W team can provide the same support for the 65M7000.

The vast majority of TV manufacturers won't make any updates whatsoever to any TVs. That HiSense is trying to rectify some shortcomings from this model I again think it's great. Of course we still have to see if they REALLY do something. It will show us and other potential customers that thy can provide good service, which honestly isn't what HiSense usually shows. There's a difference between 250£ TVS and 1000£ ones and they need to understand it.
I think we do have to take into consideration the shortcomings of the hardware (the panel and the video processor chip). When I bought mine I had previously a Samsung 8000 for 15 days and it had a ton of issues too, while having payed 3 times as much. My only serious quibbles right now are that I wanted was a button in the remote to change to the previous input source and that the sound off icon would disappear after a few secs or a minute, as it's a pain for people who have soundbars.
And sound it's still too loud BTW, I don't use the TV sound beyond 6 or 7...

Dont agree @jgonclv these smart TV's need updating and software support. These were sold as premium product, were trying to break through into a market that they normally were not in. Look at the OLED threads with various fixes being released.

yesterday I bought a 5.1 sound system Sony. with the fw i517 I have no problem of audio delay but only some bug that changes depending on the hdmi cable used but in any case nothing serious ....

yesterday they sent me an email saying that our hopes are entrusted to mediatek ... the remaining defects do not depend on them but just from mediatek, after all the checks they say that with i0517, beta fw, they have solved what they could solve ..... they ask to trust but in my opinion I think we will not receive anything anymore,

I take this opportunity to discuss another bug that I do not know if I have only me ... youtube always starts to you? I often get a white screen in which he tells me that he can not connect to the network because of the time and date .. I keep them set to automatic as default ... the only one is turn off and on

Last edited:
Hi lupin, I often get that on YouTube on a number of different firmwares. Not a huge problem, as you said a quick on/off sorts it out.

I can't connect my win 10 pc with the hisense either (via mira-/ anycast).

No problem with my android phone.

I just wish the F/W team can provide the same support for the 65M7000.

Totally agree, last f/w update intrduced a serious lip sync issues on the Netflix app that has made it virtually unwatchable. That was months ago and seems the support has now been dropped so it's broken forever

now I'm on holiday ... Hisense have asked me a video where it is clear that the local dimming does not work .. can anyone attach it or send it to me in private message please?

Last edited:
friends please ...if you want new firmware help me and technician...He wants to see a video where he can see that switching local dimming on or off the picture in tv is the same...i haven't my tv with me on holiday..:D

Hiya - I've never seen Local Dimming working on this set so personally not sure what to suggest? Maybe a link to a space-centric 4K youtube video? >> https:// youtu . be/uTxnECbI0-U (remove spaces)

Hiya - I've never seen Local Dimming working on this set so personally not sure what to suggest? Maybe a link to a space-centric 4K youtube video? >> https:// youtu . be/uTxnECbI0-U (remove spaces)
I have not explained well ... I ask you if you can film your TV with your smartphone while you turn the local dimming on and off so that you see that the image is the same. After can you send me the video? here or private message

I'm sorry I don't have time to do this right now. Surely they can see at their end that it doesn't work, or are they claiming it does?

I'm sorry I don't have time to do this right now. Surely they can see at their end that it doesn't work, or are they claiming it does?
they no longer have a hisense h55 to do the tests directly, but their technicians say that local dimming must work, They asked me for a demonstration that proves the opposite

If someone could share the link again (current link expired) that would be great. Would be great to know if the sound issue (sound fading in and out) is fixed.

guys I'm sorry to say but you're not cooperative ... I asked you kindly something for which you spend two minutes and nobody does .. Today they sent me another email to ask me that file ... If no one sends it I close the conversation with the hisense technician because it makes no sense to continue

Please explain the best way of demonstrating that it isn't working? I've never personally had an issue with black levels regardless of whether it's working or not.

Please explain the best way of demonstrating that it isn't working? I've never personally had an issue with black levels regardless of whether it's working or not.
I think no one has problems with black levels but LD doesnt work surely....i don t know whicje is best way to demostrate it...i think this is best way : film your TV in some dark scenes with your smartphone while you turn the local dimming on and off more times so that they can see that the image is the same.

I think no one has problems with black levels but LD doesnt work surely....i don t know whicje is best way to demostrate it...i think this is best way : film your TV in some dark scenes with your smartphone while you turn the local dimming on and off more times so that they can see that the image is the same.
I've sent you a message with a link to a short video. Hope that helps.

guys I'm sorry to say but you're not cooperative ... I asked you kindly something for which you spend two minutes and nobody does .. Today they sent me another email to ask me that file ... If no one sends it I close the conversation with the hisense technician because it makes no sense to continue

When are they planning to release the final official firmware....?

I know people still have issues with volume levels so it would appear there's still things for them to iron out....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom