Hisense H50U7QFTUK 4K with Apple TV 4K Picture Breakup

mykweb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I am not sure to add this to the Streaming Devices section or the HiSense section. But here goes.

I bought a Hisense H50U7QFTUK back in Febuary of 2020 and mainly ran this with a standard 4th Gen Apple TV in 1080p. Around April I got my hands on the Apple TV 5th Gen 4k and set this up out of the box. Allowing the Apple TV to detect the TV settings for best picture.

A few weeks later I noticed randomly the picture on the TV either when watching content or when on the main menu would breifly blink and display what I can only call static on the screen. Sometimes it would do it once and other times it would do it every few seconds.

After reading some things online and watching some Youtube videos I bought a new HDMI certified 2.1 Ultra High Speed Cable connected it up to the Apple TV and allowed it to check for the connection and set the best settings.

It was fine for a few months until I recently upgraded to Netflix 4K and once again I have noticed this issue is back along with some errors on other content platforms

Disney + - Disney + has detected an HDCP issue that is preventing your content from playing. To resolve the issue, please try a differnt HDMI cable and or bypass your stereo equipment by connecting the device directly to the tv.

ITV Hub - Dispalyed a similar HDCP error. Either your HDMI cable is not properly connected, or your HDMI connection does not support HDCP. Please reconnect the HDMI cable from your Apple TV to your HDTV and try again.

In the latter issue. I just reseated the cable and it worked. But the Disney + error requires restarting the Apple TV.

Below are my current settings on the Apple TV.
Format - 4K HDR
Chroma - 4:2:2
Match Content is OFF for both Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate
( the reason I have these off is when you try to load any 4k content on Netflix or Disney + it blanks the screen and the TV says "no dignal received " before then showing the content. Very Annoying)

I have also reset the Hisense TV back to factory defaults, swapped HDMI cables, Input sources. Within the TV options I have Enhanced HDMI set to ON as I read this does allow the 4K content to work better.

Sorry for the long winded post, but trying to establish the root cause and possible fix for this.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I took a video clip of the issue. This happened tonight when watching YouTube via the Apple TV application.

I took a video clip of the issue. This happened tonight when watching YouTube via the Apple TV application.

Did you try to obvious first?

Reset TV to factory values and try different hdmi port?

Did you try to obvious first?

Reset TV to factory values and try different hdmi port?
Yup. As per my first post

I have also reset the Hisense TV back to factory defaults, swapped HDMI cables, Input sources. Within the TV options I have Enhanced HDMI set to ON as I read this does allow the 4K content to work better.

Yup. As per my first post

This allows 4k @60hz iirc.

It might be good time to contact Hisense and see what they say about it, hope you still have warranty.

This allows 4k @60hz iirc.

It might be good time to contact Hisense and see what they say about it, hope you still have warranty.
Yes I do still
Have warranty. And extended care from
The retailer. I will reach out to hisense and see what they say.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom