Quantcast

hisense b7500

pauljb1

Standard Member
Hi All,

Just wanting to get your thoughts the hi sense b7500. Currently the 43inch model I can get for £240 which seems like a bargain.

I am looking to use it in the main room so providing it gives a decent enough picture with smart functionally I would be happy.

What does everyone thing for that price and what do you think about the overall quality of the TV? I have heard of some issues with lip syncing and some faults but overall the these TV's seem to get some good reviews.

Also I can get the 50 inch for 280 and so say it is better with motion but not sure if it is worth the extra and also it is maybe a bit too big.

THanks

[email protected]

There are numerous threads on here about the 7500 range. Have a good read through of people's real world experiences, good and bad.

krispi

Standard Member
I had the 43" version of the B7500 in summary:

- Excellent black levels and contrast (VA Panel), viewing angles not too bad for VA
- Good colour and white tracking accuracy in 'Cinema Night' mode (checked with i1 Display Pro), in fact I didn't even bother calibrating it.
- Able to get reasonably bright in HDR mode (measured at 320nits) and wide colour gamut was pretty close to P3
- Dolby Vision seems to work well but lacks any ability to change any picture settings
- Weak motion handling with no motion compensation controls on the 43" model (larger versions do have motion compensation controls)
- UHD was sharp and clear, HD was good but SD was quite blurry and didn't upscale very well
- No game mode on 43" model, however turning off all picture processing features resulted in reasonable response times, I don't have any way of measturing it though.
- Default BT.1886 gamma setting was poor, caused blacks to become grey and show artefacts, fixed by changing gamma to 2.4
- Poor backlight uniformity causing slightly brighter edges (but not light bleed) and noticeable Dirty Screen Effect (DSE) on panning shots
- Smart TV features were basic, but worked, no adverts though. The interface did seem to slow down though when viewing UHD/HDR content.
- Basic in-built speakers

For the price of the TV though, especially if you can get it so cheap, it's really not bad for the money.

I did have to return the model I had though because it exhibited a strange red/green ghosting effect on moving objects in dark scenes. I raised a support ticket with the HiSense UK support people and after quite a few emails back and forth they sent me a return code on the basis that it was not repairable. I was able to get a refund from the retailer (Argos).

If it hadn't had that fault though I would have been happy to keep it, and I paid £299.

If you have room for the 50" I would go for that though as it does have the motion compensation controls if stutter/judder annoys you.

umbral

- Default BT.1886 gamma setting was poor, caused blacks to become grey and show artefacts, fixed by changing gamma to 2.4
When you switch between BT.1886 & 2.4 you will find they are exactly the same, nothing happens to the picture (doesn't get brighter or dimmer).

Do you mean that i should select 2.4 instead of BT.1886 because, with 1886 you had blacks become grey and you had artifacts on screen ?

Can you give more details please.

Thank you in advance !

krispi

Standard Member
When you switch between BT.1886 & 2.4 you will find they are exactly the same, nothing happens to the picture (doesn't get brighter or dimmer).

Do you mean that i should select 2.4 instead of BT.1886 because, with 1886 you had blacks become grey and you had artifacts on screen ?

Can you give more details please.

Thank you in advance !
I found that BT.1886 lifted the lower level blacks up, which meant when watching some content (particularly on Amazon Prime), it would start to make compression artefacts appear in the darker areas of the picture, they should have been almost invisible as they were in very low level black areas of the picture. The overall picture was no brighter than 2.4, it shouldn't be really as they should be very similar in terms of gamma tracking. The issue was just with the very darkest black levels. This was on a 43" model, so other panel sizes may behave differently.

I would say stick with the default (BT.1886) for now and if you start seeing blocky artefacts in darker areas of the picture try switching the gamma to see if it helps. You could also reduce the picture brightness but that could crush other black detail in the picture that is supposed to be visible.

gravitor

Standard Member
Hello Krispi. On PSR pro HDR mode? its ok? input lag or motion Blur?
You test qirh Dolby Vision on Netflix , its OK?

thanks

krispi

Standard Member
Hello Krispi. On PSR pro HDR mode? its ok? input lag or motion Blur?
You test qirh Dolby Vision on Netflix , its OK?

thanks
There's no 'Game' mode on the 43" version, but I found once I disabled all the image processing options response times seemed pretty good. I didn't have any way of measuring it though other than by feel. HDR mode worked OK on some games (Death Stranding), the display doesn't really get bright enough for proper HDR but it didn't look washed out like it can do with some TVs.

There was as bit of motion blur, again there's no motion compensation or black frame insertion options on the 43" to improve it, the 50+" models do have motion options which may help. It didn't bother me much though, and that was coming from a plasma which had no blur at all. The big issue I had was the red/green ghosting trails on dark scenes, but as mentioned, the HiSense support people agreed it was a fault.

I tried Dolby Vision with Netflix and with an Amazon Firestick. It generally looked good but tended to be a bit too bright, even with the 'night' option. There was no way to change any settings either so it could be an issue if you want to watch films in a dark room as it tended to not go as dark as in the non DV mode. Still, pretty impressive for such a cheap TV.

gravitor

Standard Member
thank for your feedback, Its a TV just to watch Netflix ans PS4 . what you think about B7100 ?? its enough? or B7500 , the difference is 70 bucks :)

umbral

thank for your feedback, Its a TV just to watch Netflix ans PS4 . what you think about B7100 ?? its enough? or B7500 , the difference is 70 bucks :)
No, get the B7500 because it is superior and has a different panel. The larger panels are also even brighter in B7500 line.