Quantcast

Hisense B7500 vs Samsung RU7100 vs LG M7100

English is not my main language sorry for any mistake, My country is thailand and i can't find much a good tv only three choice i think, i need cheap 4K and 43 inch,
I need to choice between 3 off this

- Hisense : 43B7500 / 3-Year warrantry + onsite service
- Samsung : UA4300RU7200KXXT (similar to RU7100) / 3-Year warrantry
- LG : 43UM7100PTA / 1-Year warrantry

- Hisense have dolby vision, reach at 70% of Rec.2020, VA panel i loved it because no black light bleed, i think it a top panel spec
- Samsung have wifi 5ghz but it really matter?
- LG not even have HDR10+???

So i ask for you which one is best for you?

ref.

Dodgexander

The Hisense is best if you do not need wide viewing angles, otherwise look at the LG.

The Samsung is a lottery which panel type you get, VA or IPS.

None of these are capable HDR TVs, but the Hisense is the best of a poor bunch when it comes to HDR. Do not treat this purchase for HDR though, it will be very poor on cheaper/smaller TVs.

Thank for repile, I need to know about spec that suitable for real HDR TV such as Minimum brightness / nit, Minimum color gamut, Minimum static contrast or else that we can judge or consider this is the real HDR TV,

and i got an little idea about color gamut not sure it correct or not,
If we got 2 tv,

- A.TV got 100% sRGB MAX
- B.TV got 125% sRGB with DCI-P3 93% MAX

after more 3 year of usage we calibrate ATV by use some good tool we found they "Deteriorate" that cause they can't hit 100% sRGB, but BTV that deteriorate too but the first of max spec is 125% after 3 year they have only 100-110% sRGB so finally only BTV can hit 100% sRGB even they deteriorate,

My idea is true or false.

After i read your buyer guide, if the price is involved, my country FHD 40" price around 150$, for UHD 43" price around 272$, the between price come with

- Wide color gamut
- UHD
- Overall build quality ??? (is it true?)
- Overall picture quality from some feature ??? (is it true?)

My source is from satellite 576i and rarely 1080i channel, is it a bad choice for spend more cash for UHD?

Dodgexander

If you are still using regular TV you are best looking for a HD TV. The UHD models will be no better with colour when they are used with a standard SDR source. The wide colour gamut is only useful for HDR, which you will want to avoid using on a cheaper TV.

Do not think about HDR on cheaper UHD models. You may be able to get TVs with wide colour gamuts but you will lack the higher peak brightness and local dimming to get problem free and impressive HDR picture quality.

The only small TV that won't give you as many problems with HDR is the Panasonic 40GX800 (may have a different model number in your country). But it still doesn't have good local dimming or high peak brightness.

Entry level TVs to reach the specs required for problem free and impressive HDR are TVs like the Samsung Q70R or Sonty XF9005 or XG9005. (Also known as X900F/X900G perhaps where you live). Maybe also entry level OLED models like the Philips OLED754 or LG B9.

In an LCD TV the things to look for are mainly high peak brightness (at least 1000 nits in a small window) and good local dimming. How much coverage a TV has with its wide colour gamut comes together with these specs usually, with every TV performing very equal. The best TVs (slightly) for HDR colours are Samsung's Q70R and above.

Thank you so much for repile again, finally i consider to choice 43B7500 "UW" (Not sure it same spec
with UK or not) i got it from flash sale it a good price,

My country price range
- 32/720P/mysterious-band/1 year : 81$
- 40/1080P/low-end band/1 year : 151$
- 43/4K/wide-gamut/mid-end band/3 year onsite : 196$
- 50/4K/wide-gamut/mid-end band/3 year onsite : 272$
- 55/4K/low-end band/1 year : 272$

trusted band, better ovall quality, long time warrantry with on-site support, i think it worth for 45$,
But after i read you guide, you prefer a big screen,

- my distance is around 2.8-3.2meter
- my source is 576i channel and very rare to see 1080i channel

if you have this condition, you will consider and risk a 76$ for 50" to watch 576i channel or not?,
Right now i had CRT 21" inch TV, i really love it sometime because i can see anything at once, after i try my friend 40" FHD TV, i see a noise, and it too big i can't see any detail at once, i need to move my eye to look a detail at the edge sometime, even i look at far 3 meter.

Dodgexander

You'll get used to having a bigger TV. 2.8-3m is very far to view a TV, even a 65" one.

If you are still watching regular TV an UHD model isn't going to display that to a high standard like a HD model will, but as you have found, UHD models are not any more expensive.

You will not see a benefit to the UHD models at all unless you pair them with higher quality content than 576i or 1080i.

Since you are coming from a CRT TV and you still view 576i, I'd consider keeping to a smaller TV and definitely not consider 50 or 55" unless you also have in mind to use better quality content with the TV.

I can't tell you which is best value for you, because you have a specific niche viewing mostly 576i. The brand also does not always determine how good a TV is, for instance Panasonic have very poor quality HD models despite being a good brand name. If you link some store websites and let me know your budget in local currency I can try to determine which is best buy for you, but I will have to use translate or similar.

Sure, here the link > ผลการค้นหา tv บนเจดี เซ็นทรัล | JD CENTRAL การันตีของแท้ <
My country band is very mysterious, spec never show to the internet, even panel type is really hard to find the detail, no have any review, very risk to guest, even i try to ask manufacturer but they can't answer which panel they used VA or IPS, it a real 8 Bit or not, even color gamut they doesn't know what is that, it little shame T-T.

- About the price you see is thai bath just divide 33 for US dollar price.
- About the resolution is not show for some product i know how to guest, any 24 - 32 inch always be 720P, 40, 43, 50 that not a 4K is always be 1080P
- About bit depth i see some product said it a 262K color oh my god it a 6 Bit no FRC always be some of 24 to 32 inch product. (for my guest under 32 inch model always be 262K/6bit no FRC.)

- Tips, you can soft the lowest price to highest by use seach (CTRL+F) then use this word " ราคา ",
after you found them just press left-click on it.

- My budget limit to 275$.

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Well bit depth doesn't matter. All TVs will be 8bit and those that are 10bit will hold no advantage when you only send 8bit to the TV.

The only time 10bit may be an advantage is if you use HDR, and none of these TVs are good with HDR.

In your situation I would buy this model:

My reasoning:

1. Price, it's more competitive than HD TVs from Sony.
2. Panel type will be VA, which I presume you prefer because you mention less light bleed. (be warned though, you must view the TV direct in front, and not at an angle).
3. It's a FHD model instead of a HD or UHD model. FHD means you can enjoy 1080i signal, and that 576i will not look as bad upscaled.
4. Size, its 40" which is a good size to watch HD at your viewing distance, and because it isn't too big and less upscaling has to happen, SD should still look okay.
5. It runs android TV with a quad core chipset, so smart TV should be okay. Many other HD models have either basic smart TV, or no smart TV.

TCL are actually pretty good with their specs in Thailand, you can see here the TV is using a Innolux VA type panel: 49" S6500 Series

Innolux panels have very good blacks.

If you go for the 43" version of the same TV here: |TCL Android TV FULL HD 43 นิ้ว รุ่น 43S6500 JD Central| then I am not sure what you will end up with, the TV is not listed at this size on TCLs website, so I think the listing is in error.

If you wanted a non-smart model and wanted to save money, this would be good value: |SAMSUNG HD LED TV 40N5000 40 นิ้ว รุ่น UA40N5000AKXXT JD Central| but its non-smart and its probable it uses an IPS type panel like the other non-smart TCL 40d2940.

If you want to go for an UHD model because they are similar and price and you get a 3 year warranty instead of 1 year, then all the entry UHD models from Samsung, TCL and Hisense will be good and should all come with VA type panels:

The Samsung perhaps is the most risky of coming with an IPS type panel, but in Thailand you should get the same panels in USA and Rest of World so you shouldn't suffer from Samsung's European panel lottery.

What I would not consider:

1. Do not move to larger screen sizes since you still mostly watch 576i
2. Only consider an UHD model for warranty and expect picture quality of 576i feeds to be worse.
3. If you wanted to change what you view, from 576i and 1080i more towards UHD streams, then maybe you should consider going for a larger, UHD model but you will have to accept normal TV (576i and 1080i) will look worse.

Thank for help and repile again :D, finally i end up with 43B7500 because of the special price,
after i see your choice about 40-43" FHD model the price around 180 to 227 US Dollar with this price range i can get 43B7500 with 196 US Dollar it a very lucky to me for this time that store website have flash sale event, so my 43B7500 got a same price with TCL 43S6500.

Last edited:
Thank for repile again, so i will avoid tv from NANO-band like you said, for now i waiting for 43B7500 delivery and i really need to find the good source that match for UHD so i decide to ended up with X96 Max plus it cheap and support lastest dolby vision and even VP9 for youtube 4k/60, in the future i have plan to paid for better streaming source such as HBO or Amazon Prime i love a food channel or cartoon so sad that not much streaming on UHD, i promise i will get the most benefit from UHD for this time, thank for advice

If i ask about good streaming FHD/UHD source, would you advice me? :D

Dodgexander

Thank for repile again, so i will avoid tv from NANO-band like you said, for now i waiting for 43B7500 delivery and i really need to find the good source that match for UHD so i decide to ended up with X96 Max plus it cheap and support lastest dolby vision and even VP9 for youtube 4k/60, in the future i have plan to paid for better streaming source such as HBO or Amazon Prime i love a food channel or cartoon so sad that not much streaming on UHD, i promise i will get the most benefit from UHD for this time, thank for advice

If i ask about good streaming FHD/UHD source, would you advice me? :D
Not sure what is available in your country but most people use streaming services nowadays like Amazon and Netflix, both have UHD content, Netflix you usually have to pay extra for it.

There are other services too like Apple TV and Disney but they aren't as popular.

You may have services where you live that offer 4k/UHD content, I'm not sure the American TV channel networks do yet like HBO but they will at least have HD quality shows.

The pinnacle of quality is still physical disc media. Blu-Rays and UHD Blu-Rays!

Thank for repile again, even today is a holiday but the delivery guy work! and i got 43B7500 today! but waiting for x96 max plus haha, still enjoing to watch 576i on old CRT TV 21 inch,

I have a very very difficult question left, "how to check hdmi version cable", after i try to seach in google, not much answer, so i really can't find the answer, so right now i don't have hdmi cable 2.0 or upper that support HDR10+ or dolby vision, and i have mysterious hdmi cable from amphenol, can't find any information, if that cable not a 2.0 version and not support 4K/60 FPS which cable will you advice?

I found one not sure it overprice or not, it have two choice a
- Silverstone 2.0 B that got "HDMI Premium certified cable", price is 15$ US Dollar
- UGREEN 50819 - 50821 is said 2.0 i think it a good brand, price is 6$ US Dollar

And the last one wow
- UGREEN HDMI 2.1 it a 8K, price is 10$ US Dollar???

Last edited:

Dodgexander

There's no such thing as HDMI 2.0 cables. They either support high speed or not. 99% of cables you buy now will support high speed. You do not need a HDMI 2.1 cable since the TV is only HDMI 2.0.

If you want to be certain, and you do not trust unnoficial wording on the product for "high speed" then you can look for this label:
1581350959778.png

My country is really rare to find a real HDMI 2.0 or real support High speed with 18gbps, they are more fake on web store, many customer commend the picture is jiggle, and the price is range is really similar i think i should add more for thusted product.

Do you think UGREEN is good brand or thusted brand?, it got a certified on 2014 but now it not sure, hmm it that 2.1 with true 48gbps with that price range i think it gonna be good product for the future, even my 43B7500 not included HDMI Cable LOL, in the future i little sure a cheap TV never included HDMI cable

Attachments

After i try to watch youtube 4K/60FPS on my 43B7500 they not support VP9, so they can't play true 4K/60FPS, i'm worry about netflix, the streaming from netflix have some 4K/60FPS content or not?, if not it fine because my B7500 can't play 4K/60FPS but some 24/30FPS should fine, But i'm worry one thing,

It is true?, that smart TV watch content as 4K they will heat more and have less life span because CPU and GPU need to encode that video codex, as we know youtube steaming 4K as VP9, no more smart TV can encode that so they can't hit 60FPS for sure, MY PC use i5-9400F with RX580 they are "Hybrid" they can't complete encode VP9 so some video content can't play at 60FPS with stable, the fps is drop, and my CPU and GPU got a lot of load as 40%+, so if i watch on TV i think the hardware that handling this will got a lof of load and cause heat and less life span right?

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Netflix will only use 24fps content, same as Blu-Ray.

The B7500 includes a VP9 hardware decoder, so any dropped frames you see should be reported to Hisense, the TV should be doing 4k at 60fps fine. Its possible you also see what I notice on my own TCL TV, that some Youtube videos encoded in a higher profile have this issue:

I am not sure if there's a resolution, so if you aren't happy, you should return the TV. But I personally would not worry about it. As you have seen already with your computer, it's not unusual to get stupid issues like this with Youtube.

As for HDMI there's no such thing as a v2 cable. There's either High Speed or non-High speed. Do not waste money on HDMI 2.1 cables.

Thank for information, i will not buy any cable right now like you said, and it my fault at first after i try on this morning youtube 4K/60 is doing just fine, it not a frame drop but it my mistake that i see it not smooth then i think it frame drop but the truth is not, so i'm really sorry for this, this day X96 Max plus will arrive i will start to enjoy 4k tv on this day, really really thank for all help of you all of you information is really best, precious to be the member of this forum.

So can i ask about the best guide for calibration 43B7500?, i can get any benefit from less input lag by disable image effect like noise, sharpness when i use TV mode not a game mode?

Dodgexander

So can i ask about the best guide for calibration 43B7500?, i can get any benefit from less input lag by disable image effect like noise, sharpness when i use TV mode not a game mode?
You're welcome, glad I have helped.

The out of the box settings should be good providing you are using the cinema/movie preset.

Game mode you can engage to reduce input lag beneath 30ms.

Today i got little problem, i'm very confused about HDR, i got many question to ask
1. According hdmi 2.0a cable arrive at 2015 official said it support HDR, so hdmi 2.0 cable can't set HDR signal right?
2. So 43B7500 with HDMI 2.0 port can accept HDR signal?

I'm very confused about hdmi port vs cable, so my currently understand is
- If we put SAMPLE that have dolby vision via USB port, yes TV can play dolby vision
- If we play via HDplayer send dolby vision via hdmi cable that support dolby vision to 2.0 Port, you can't see any dolby vision because your port not accept that signal

My situation is when i play hdr content on youtube via X96 Max plus with standard high speed hdmi cable, yes 4k/60fps is fine, but TV option not show any HDR menu i try many many hdr video still not work then i play via TV standalone, yes always have HDR option.

So i need the answer for this, which one is the reason that TV can't accept HDR signal.

After i see many HDR content, i can say my eye got a problem that my eye very sensitive to light, only around 350+- nit on 43B7500 spec it very very bright at factory setting / HDR night (lowest bright),

i think i enjoyable for 350+- nit on this spec, if more than this my eye gonna little hurt.

Last edited:

Dodgexander

1. According hdmi 2.0a cable arrive at 2015 official said it support HDR, so hdmi 2.0 cable can't set HDR signal right?
There's no such thing as different HDMI cables, they are all the same. Even ones sold as v1.4.
The only time you need a new cable is if you want to use HDMI 2.1 and there's no current sources that even support HDMI 2.1 yet, so its useless. It will be forever useless unless the TV supports it too.
2. So 43B7500 with HDMI 2.0 port can accept HDR signal?
Yes. TVs with HDMI v1.4 and up can support Dolby Vision HDR.
TVs with HDMI 2.0a and up can support HDR10 and HDR10+, but you Hisense only supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision, no HDR10+.

- If we put Movie.MKV file that have dolby vision via USB port, yes TV can play dolby vision
Theoretically it should be able to, but it's unlikely Hisense have enabled that to work in their file playback software. Beware that piracy is against the forum rules, so when referring to your own disc rips, please refer to them as rips.

- If we play via HDplayer send dolby vision via hdmi cable that support dolby vision to 2.0 Port, you can't see any dolby vision because your port not accept that signal
You need to turn on "HDMI Enhanced" or similar wording. Visit the HDMI settings of the TV and make sure its enabled for the port you are connected too.

Your source also needs to support Dolby Vision via HDMI.
i think i enjoyable for 350+- nit on this spec, if more than this my eye gonna little hurt.
It doesn't work that way unfortunately. You can't enjoy problem free HDR on TVs at this price range. There may be some sample videos and certain titles you will be okay with, but most will be plagued with issues.

HDR places demands on TVs like never before, to not have issues with HDR you have to have a TV that is closer to the specs when HDR content is mastered, with an LCD TV you are looking at models at least 49" in size with good local dimming and around 1000 nits peak brightness to get HDR problem free. Sony X900F or Samsung Q70R are usually the cheapest.

You must not treat this TV as a HDR TV.

Thank for help again, and i'm sorry for use the wrong word really really sorry i just don't know and it just a sample never happen true,

This website give me wrong information, For anyone who see the spec on that link beware about HDR10+, no HDR10+ support for B7500.

Dodgexander

Thank for help again, and i'm sorry for use the wrong word really really sorry i just don't know and it just a sample never happen true,

This website give me wrong information, For anyone who see the spec on that link beware about HDR10+, no HDR10+ support for B7500.
thats correct, you can view certified HDR10+ TVs here: Certified Products - HDR10+

Today i had tested and will result you, my different HDMI CABLE!!!, First is Silverstone that have Premium Certifield (I brought it long time ago) and second is mysterious i got it free from cheapest satellite box, cable + box price = 9$, the result is......, NO DIFFERENT, this two cable can sent 4K/60FPS+HDR wacth via youtube content,

It my fault at first because i don't understand the X96 Max Plus setting, there have two option,
1. HDR to SDR : This one mean if video not HDR they will disable HDR, if you disable this option you will get fake brightness on SDR content.

2. SDR to HDR : This is the real problem if you look at that name it mean fake SDR to HDR but this option is not fake as name because it mean IF you video is HDR they will show HDR, I disable this at first that why HDR not work, so this mode is work with 1. they will detect real HDR and show HDR, and for 1. that is anything is SDR will not show HDR or not option.

Really really thank you Dodgexander for hdmi cable information, You're the hero you safe my money