Quantcast

Hisense B7200 & B7700 Android TV

WaferGuy

Novice Member
Hisense has new budget Android TV models B7200 & B7700 in 2019. I notice there is no much info here. So, I create this thread to start sharing.

I took delivery a 50B7200UW last Friday. I've played with it over the weekend & confirmed some info which I didn't find earlier.

Info on Android OS: -
1) It's 8.0 Oreo
2) CPU is from Mediatek MT5886
3) 2GB of RAM & 10GB of flash

So far, OS operation is smooth & stable.

Some basic spec info: -
1) 4K UHD, VA panel, Direct LED backlight
2) 2x HDMI 2.0 , 1x HDMI 1.4
3) 1x USB3.0 & 1x USB2.0
4) 1x SPDIF Optical input
5) 1x Earphone jack
6) 1x Ethernet RJ45 port
7) WiFi (2.4GHz & 5GHz) upto ac
8) Bluetooth 5.0
9) Dolby Vision HDR
10) 16 zones local dimming
11) Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital Plue, but no Dolby Atmos!

Feel free to add more info to share or ask questions.

WaferGuy

Novice Member
By the way, MT5886 is a quad-cores CPU based on ARMv7. Nothing to write home about. Just good to enough to run Oreo 8.0 smoothly on a TV!

SeanD154

Novice Member
It's a good TV I only really have two complaints that is its low refresh rate it can look choppy at times, and the second being the user interface. It is just missing simple things, I would love a shortcut on the remote to close apps for example on the nvidea shield this was a simple combination on the remote, not on this TV.
But they not huge errors but irritations that that may sway your buying decisions.

Third party apps are easy to install I am running all my favourites and the work well no issue to speak of.

The TV is very easy to calibrate I love it. I had alot of issues with banding and clipping before but those issues have been fixed firmware. The color has shifted with firmware updates just something to be aware of but you can get really accurate picture off this TV.

My standard picture mode settings look like this
Backlight 35
Contrast 47
Brightness 52
Color 48
Tint 0
Sharpness you will have to change by source

Advanced Settings
Color temperature Medium
Ultra smooth motion: smooth
Noise Reduction : off
Mpeg Noise Reduction: off
(HDMI dynamic Range Full )
Adaptive contrast off.

Calibration Settings
Color Tuner ;
Red H 0 S1 B - 2
Green H-1 S1 B -1
Blue H0 S1 B -2
Yellow H -1 S 0 B0
Cyan H-2 S 0 B -2
Magenta H 0 S-2 B - 4
Flesh Tone 0 2 0

white balance
R-Offset -6
G-Offset -3
B- Offset -1
R-Gain -9
G-Gain -3
B- Gain 0

Gamma 2.2

Gamma Calibration: off

Please note that enhanced mode is disabled for these settings. Simply because the rest of the apps don't have enhanced or an HDR mode. If you like these settings I could send an update with enhanced mode settings.

.It may be different on your screen prior to the firmware update I had to use 2 point white balance to alter the gamma curve and sat well above 0 . The TV is really looking good.

Your second irritation is going to be calibration because you going to want to copy it to every source it may seem cool at first you literally have to copy your settings at least 6 times which is time consuming.

For each 1 HDMI Source x( 3 times)
You tube ( 2 times once for the video playing) and once for thumbnails)
Netflix ( 1 )
Home screen + All other thirdparty video apps (1)

So you have to repeat your calibration settings 7 times for each source

So who is this TV for.
So this TV is really for a person who loves Tinkering with his TV who loves customisation, it does not compare to high end Streaming devices , but to be fair it does a great Job with 4k sources and plays smoothly

So overall I like it
If your an Android one type user this TV is up your alley it's about as barebones as you can get, with tonnes of customisation. If you want a screen saver there is an app if you want to close background apps there is app for that . But it is also it's this TV's biggest failing Android One users want this latest Operating systems and the Google support the remote shortcuts.
We have seen this not just in flagship phones like the Google Plus but budget phones like the Xioami MiA1 well today MiA3 just we want this on our TV's to.
This is not an Android one TV but
I believe most of things can be fixed with firmware updates or a once off paid firmware update but that is enterely up to Hisense I think this TV is great value for Money and you will get alot of Joy out of it.

Last edited:

yozmag

Novice Member
It's a good TV I only really have two complaints that is its low refresh rate it can look choppy at times, and the second being the user interface. It is just missing simple things, I would love a shortcut on the remote to close apps for example on the nvidea shield this was a simple combination on the remote, not on this TV.
But they not huge errors but irritations that that may sway your buying decisions.

Third party apps are easy to install I am running all my favourites and the work well no issue to speak of.

The TV is very easy to calibrate I love it. I had alot of issues with banding and clipping before but those issues have been fixed firmware. The color has shifted with firmware updates just something to be aware of but you can get really accurate picture off this TV.

My standard picture mode settings look like this
Backlight 35
Contrast 47
Brightness 52
Color 48
Tint 0
Sharpness you will have to change by source

Advanced Settings
Color temperature Medium
Ultra smooth motion: smooth
Noise Reduction : off
Mpeg Noise Reduction: off
(HDMI dynamic Range Full )
Adaptive contrast off.

Calibration Settings
Color Tuner ;
Red H 0 S1 B - 2
Green H-1 S1 B -1
Blue H0 S1 B -2
Yellow H -1 S 0 B0
Cyan H-2 S 0 B -2
Magenta H 0 S-2 B - 4
Flesh Tone 0 2 0

white balance
R-Offset -6
G-Offset -3
B- Offset -1
R-Gain -9
G-Gain -3
B- Gain 0

Gamma 2.2

Gamma Calibration: off

Please note that enhanced mode is disabled for these settings. Simply because the rest of the apps don't have enhanced or an HDR mode. If you like these settings I could send an update with enhanced mode settings.

.It may be different on your screen prior to the firmware update I had to use 2 point white balance to alter the gamma curve and sat well above 0 . The TV is really looking good.

Your second irritation is going to be calibration because you going to want to copy it to every source it may seem cool at first you literally have to copy your settings at least 6 times which is time consuming.

For each 1 HDMI Source x( 3 times)
You tube ( 2 times once for the video playing) and once for thumbnails)
Netflix ( 1 )
Home screen + All other thirdparty video apps (1)

So you have to repeat your calibration settings 7 times for each source

So who is this TV for.
So this TV is really for a person who loves Tinkering with his TV who loves customisation, it does not compare to high end Streaming devices , but to be fair it does a great Job with 4k sources and plays smoothly

So overall I like it
If your an Android one type user this TV is up your alley it's about as barebones as you can get, with tonnes of customisation. If you want a screen saver there is an app if you want to close background apps there is app for that . But it is also it's this TV's biggest failing Android One users want this latest Operating systems and the Google support the remote shortcuts.
We have seen this not just in flagship phones like the Google Plus but budget phones like the Xioami MiA1 well today MiA3 just we want this on our TV's to.
This is not an Android one TV but
I believe most of things can be fixed with firmware updates or a once off paid firmware update but that is enterely up to Hisense I think this TV is great value for Money and you will get alot of Joy out of it.
Which firmware are you on? Can you also send the enhanced mode setting?
Sometimes, watching Netflix with Dolby Vision is a little bit dim especially dark scene - do you have that problem too? I already set to Dolby Vision Bright but there is no way to disable auto backlight.

SeanD154

Novice Member
Sometimes, watching Netflix with Dolby Vision is a little bit dim especially dark scene - do you have that problem too? I already set to Dolby Vision Bright but there is no way to disable auto backlight.

I am struggling to keep up with the firmware updates tends to shift with every update

I am running my NVidea shield on Enhanced mode please keep in mind Enhanced mode only applies to 4k sources. My Nvidea shield has a setting for switching between Rec 2020 color space and Rec 709.
And I think that's a big factor in my color choices so if you get horrible orange reds rather don't use enhanced mode.

My Dynamic Backlight off set at with backlight set to 33 you so to answer your question Dynamic Backlight will try to stay and the level you set your backlight to

Picture mode is Calibrated
Contrast 33
Brightness 57
Color 47
Tint 0
Sharpness could go up to 34 but I keep it at 0

Advanced Settings
Color tempreture medium
NoiseRedcution off
Mpeg Noise Reduction medium
HDMI Range Auto
Adaptive contrast Low

Color Tuner
Red -2 2 -2
Green 3 1 -1
Blue -2 4 2
Yellow -2 2 2
Cyan 9 -6 -2
Magenta -3 -3 2
Fleshtone -1 2 0

White balance 2 point
R O 1
G O 0
B O -8

R G 3
G G -2
B G -2

Gamma 2.3
Firmware
Kernal version 3.18.66

Build OTT1.180130.011

SeanD154

Novice Member
I am struggling to keep up with the firmware updates tends to shift with every update

I am running my NVidea shield on Enhanced mode please keep in mind Enhanced mode only applies to 4k sources. My Nvidea shield has a setting for switching between Rec 2020 color space and Rec 709.
And I think that's a big factor in my color choices so if you get horrible orange reds rather don't use enhanced mode.

My Dynamic Backlight off set at with backlight set to 33 you so to answer your question Dynamic Backlight will try to stay and the level you set your backlight to

Contrast 33
Brightness 57
Color 47
Tint 0

Advanced Settings
Color tempreture medium
NoiseRedcution off
HDMI Range Auto
Adaptive contrast Low

Color Tuner
Red -2 2 -2
Green 3 1 -1
Blue -2 4 2
Yellow -2 2 2
Cyan 9 -6 -2
Magenta -3 -3 2
Fleshtone -1 2 0

White balance 2 point
R O 1
G O 0
B O -8

R G 3
G G -2
B G -2

Gamma 2.3
Firmware
Kernal version 3.18.66

Build OTT1.180130.011
I will send updated colors to my previous post I should have small changes

SeanD154

Novice Member

Contrast 33
Brightness 57
Color 47
Tint 0

Advanced Settings
Color tempreture medium
NoiseRedcution off
HDMI Range Auto
Adaptive contrast Low

Color Tuner
Red -2 2 -2
Green 3 1 -1
Blue -2 4 2
Yellow -2 2 2
Cyan 9 -6 -2
Magenta -3 -3 2
Fleshtone -1 2 0

White balance 2 point
R O 1
G O 0
B O -8

R G 3
G G -2
B G -2

Gamma 2.3
Firmware
Kernal version 3.18.66

Build OTT1.180130.011

Also in terms of the original posts I have slight varience since the last update
Backlight for normal sources
60 - 73

Contrast for 39
Brightness 45
Color 47 - 51
Tint 1
Sharpness 32
Color tuner
Red H -1 S 0 B -1
Green 3 0 -9
Blue 2 -1 1
Yellow 0 8 0
Cyan 000
Magenta 000
Fleshtone 010

2 point white balance
Offset
R -2 G 0 B 2
Gain
10 7 3

Gamma 2.2

So hugely different then before it could be a bad panel but if the settings help let me know

yozmag

Novice Member
Backlight for normal sources
60 - 73

Contrast for 39
Brightness 45
Color 47 - 51
Tint 1
Sharpness 32
Color tuner
Red H -1 S 0 B -1
Green 3 0 -9
Blue 2 -1 1
Yellow 0 8 0
Cyan 000
Magenta 000
Fleshtone 010

2 point white balance
Offset
R -2 G 0 B 2
Gain
10 7 3

Gamma 2.2

So hugely different then before it could be a bad panel but if the settings help let me know
Thanks.. it looks like my b7700 is running on older version - Build OTT1.180130.001
Not sure how to get version Build OTT1.180130.011 from OTA update. Do you if I can download it manually?

SeanD154

Novice Member
You should be able to on the Android home screen go to settings, About then System update.

The biggest tip I can give you on clipped shadows where you get strange banding is to try and keep your white balance offset above zero so if my settings are to dark on your source you can use the same settings and lift them by 3 or 4 clicks on the R G B offset and it should fix it

yozmag

Novice Member
You should be able to on the Android home screen go to settings, About then System update.

The biggest tip I can give you on clipped shadows where you get strange banding is to try and keep your white balance offset above zero so if my settings are to dark on your source you can use the same settings and lift them by 3 or 4 clicks on the R G B offset and it should fix it
Thanks Sean, I tried the system update but no new update available for me. Maybe it's released by region.

lin8995

Novice Member
The TV is exceptionally simple to adjust I just loved it. This TV is truly for an individual who cherishes customisation to be reasonable it works superbly with 4k sources.

SeanD154

Novice Member
Thanks Sean, I tried the system update but no new update available for me. Maybe it's released by region.
You could be right I am from South Africa I am hoping they release one huge big firmware update TV has great potential there are several broadcast color test on you tube you you could referencd It's not a broadcast monitor but it almost could be one YouTube channel I found is called manly powers I think really good for sd sourced fairly you would just have to adjust hues after and recalibrate once more obviously for enhanced mode you would have to lift your brightness level for enhanced mode not a bad starting point

yozmag

Novice Member
A couple of unavailable apps and features:

1. No HDR for Youtube
2. No Prime Video App - I have to sideload it
3. Stan - doesn't support 4k playback, only available as HD.

umbral

Hisense has new budget Android TV models B7200 & B7700 in 2019. I notice there is no much info here. So, I create this thread to start sharing.

I took delivery a 50B7200UW last Friday. I've played with it over the weekend & confirmed some info which I didn't find earlier.

Info on Android OS: -
1) It's 8.0 Oreo
2) CPU is from Mediatek MT5886
3) 2GB of RAM & 10GB of flash

So far, OS operation is smooth & stable.

Some basic spec info: -
1) 4K UHD, VA panel, Direct LED backlight
2) 2x HDMI 2.0 , 1x HDMI 1.4
3) 1x USB3.0 & 1x USB2.0
4) 1x SPDIF Optical input
5) 1x Earphone jack
6) 1x Ethernet RJ45 port
7) WiFi (2.4GHz & 5GHz) upto ac
8) Bluetooth 5.0
9) Dolby Vision HDR
10) 16 zones local dimming
11) Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital Plue, but no Dolby Atmos!

Feel free to add more info to share or ask questions.

Looks to me like edge lit U7B in disguise with 16 dimming zones. Blu-tooth 5.

Looks to me like a B7500 , Blu-tooth 5, ac wireless and HDR with also 16 dimming zones.

Hopefully they update the B7500 firmware to Android 8, if it doesn't have it already.
There are some new features in the OS for these new TVS.

Maybe it will come to the current lineup too.