Hisense A7G (50A7GQ) QLED TV Review & Comments

Why don't they just make the entire remote control an advert?
It could have a screen that plays unskippable ads all day. Maybe YouTube execs can help them.

A review of the UK crippled U8G would be interesting..to see how it holds up (or not) against its fantastic usa counterpart..

Hi Phil,

thanks for the review. TV's like this, which as you say, are not for enthusiats, are almost a waste of time. their lack of brightness is almost not worth having HDR at all. I understand the company is looking to achieve a price point, but either they are not interested or the market they are aiming at is not interested in HDR.
The only thing a TV like this reminds of, is to spend more money. I also better understand why the team don't review many models at this segment of the market as they are simply something to watch something on, there is nothing to get excited about.

I must remember the mass market just aren't interested in picture quality, mainly looks and a price point.

Looking forward, will you be reviewing the u9g?

Thanks again.

A review of the UK crippled U8G would be interesting..to see how it holds up (or not) against its fantastic usa counterpart..
Here's one , surprisingly not that good ,,,😉

Hi Phil,

thanks for the review. TV's like this, which as you say, are not for enthusiats, are almost a waste of time. their lack of brightness is almost not worth having HDR at all. I understand the company is looking to achieve a price point, but either they are not interested or the market they are aiming at is not interested in HDR.
The only thing a TV like this reminds of, is to spend more money. I also better understand why the team don't review many models at this segment of the market as they are simply something to watch something on, there is nothing to get excited about.

I must remember the mass market just aren't interested in picture quality, mainly looks and a price point.
Only a "waste of time" for AV geeks. Many people don't care about/want/use HDR and these TVs give them excellent general picture/sound/apps/design for the price.

Those buyers are still interested in picture quality, they just don't care for whatever today's hot feature is.

Hi Phil,

Looking forward, will you be reviewing the u9g?

Thanks again.
I wouldn't say the mass market isn't interested in picture quality, I listened to a pair of senior citizens wanting a new large screen Smart TV with all the apps, they had done some homework and knew what brand they were looking for until the sales person tried to direct them toward another cheaper product, I'm guessing he assumed they couldn't afford it.
Anyone not self confident with technology can get easily misled.

Yup the american version gets rave reviews...ours doesn't..wish I could get a USA version here .😥

@Phil Hinton good and interesting review Phil. Is the having to use gamma 2.6 to achieve 2.4 unique to this tv or common to other models past or present?

What about sideways connections accessibility? They look pretty far placed... Let's assume that TV is mounted to a wall with with a mount that does not allow any movement. Would it be possible to connect something without removing TV from the mount?

My last TV was the U8QF and that will be my last Hisense jobbie. All the false advertising and lies about specs and bad after sales. Never again.

What's the Posterization like on this set?

Is it a 10 bit panel, or does a 10 bit panel depth spec help to smooth out Posterization?

Am looking forward to the new Sharp 50DN3KA Dolby Vision sets due, which might be 10 bit?

I picked the 43" one up at Costco for £320 today funnily enough. Yet to fully mess about with it but first impressions it's about right for the price. Any chance of posting the calibration settings please?

Hello I have recently got
Hisense 50 Inch 50A7GQTUK 4K
UHD HDR QLED and when watching Netflix and diner plus the picture judders a lot when the people on the movie move or when there’s something moving fast I’ve heard a few good things about this tv but so far I’m shock at how bag it is and when you watch 4k content on disney plus against a 4k clip on YouTube it’s so different is there anything I can do to make it better and stop the judder ?

I have the 75 inch A7G
I totally agree with the review
The picture is ok (for the price)
But major sound issues, with a avr or sound bar. (For the home theatre)
1 no Dolby digital on free to air
2 no 5.1 in Stan (but works on Netflix)
3 does not switch to Dts ( as you have to force it into Dolby 5.1 for Netflix to work) auto and pass through don’t work.

Anyone else solved the issues, would love to know how.

Just purchased the 65inch A7G anyone know how to move the channel order and save the order? Been on the screen where you move the channels up and down the list but cannot see how to save the position

Tried the 43" out today before reboxing for the kids Christmas, it seems fine but obviously doesn't compare to my lg c7. Warm 1 or Warm 2 in the settings?

Should I buy this tv 58 version?

or Lg 60Up8000?

Both cost only 560euros..

Last edited:
Hi there,
My budget is GBP700 and about to buy one at this price point. I am in between Hisense 65A7GQTUK and 65U7QFTUK. At the moment both of them have very similar price. Which one do you recommend? Or any other brand / model recommendation for GBP700ist budget such as TCL 65C729K?

1) I am 9 feet away from the TV
2) We prefer watching only movies (not sport or gaming).
3) My plan is to use bias strip lights to improve the view in the evenings.

Last edited:
Hi there,
My budget is GBP700 and about to buy one at this price point. I am in between Hisense 65A7GQTUK and 65U7QFTUK. At the moment both of them have very similar price. Which one do you recommend? Or any other brand / model recommendation for GBP700ist budget such as TCL 65C729K?

1) I am 9 feet away from the TV
2) We prefer watching only movies (not sport or gaming).
3) My plan is to use bias strip lights to improve the view in the evenings.
Have you also considered the 65U8GQ or is that no good for you? It's available for £749 from a couple of retailers (Costco for example). I've got it and for 4K HDR content it's decent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom