Hisense A7G (50A7GQ) QLED TV Review & Comments

TravellerSeko

Have you also considered the 65U8GQ or is that no good for you? It's available for £749 from a couple of retailers (Costco for example). I've got it and for 4K HDR content it's decent.
I have bought 65U8GQTUK from Costco at GBP749. I liked it much so far. I only watch Netflix and YouTube. Therefore, I cannot say anything about its performance for TV channels.

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
Hi there,
My budget is GBP700 and about to buy one at this price point. I am in between Hisense 65A7GQTUK and 65U7QFTUK. At the moment both of them have very similar price. Which one do you recommend? Or any other brand / model recommendation for GBP700ist budget such as TCL 65C729K?

1) I am 9 feet away from the TV
2) We prefer watching only movies (not sport or gaming).
3) My plan is to use bias strip lights to improve the view in the evenings.
To what extent are you focused on Hisense 65A7GQTUK and 65U7QFTUK?
Within that price range you already have a few options. Did you already get something?

TravellerSeko

To what extent are you focused on Hisense 65A7GQTUK and 65U7QFTUK?
Within that price range you already have a few options. Did you already get something?
Budget. Then I have learned in this forum that Costco has made a discount for 65U8GQTUK and I bought it.
Physically I have seen 65A7GQTUK but I think U8GQ is better for my eyes. Also it is 120hz as I read. That’s why I have chosen it.

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
In that case, if you already bought it, I am going to say it was the best choice. :) It does offer an optimal price to quality ratio. Enjoy your TV honeymoon period.

Last edited:

TravellerSeko

Budget is my concern. If we talk about the quality, MediaLight is the best (it is available on other platforms, I just copy Amazon link which was easy for me😂). 6500K is my priority

TravellerSeko

I h
Oh, I see. Are you taking any others into account or these two made the top of your list and you are not replacing them with anything else?
I have watched countless of reviews on YouTube. These are the best for me. Govee doesn’t work that way. I was gonna buy Govee lights but decided to go with 6500k lights.

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
Thanks a lot. That was an interesting lesson. Colour temperature. 6500K is the purest kind of white. I am in no position to question what the guy says, but should we all by default strive for the most neutral and natural colour? He is convincing, but I'd like to compare a few backlights before I settle on D65. I get the point that there should not be too much of a contrast between your screens, but I am more of a warm colour type of a person.

TravellerSeko

Thanks a lot. That was an interesting lesson. Colour temperature. 6500K is the purest kind of white. I am in no position to question what the guy says, but should we all by default strive for the most neutral and natural colour? He is convincing, but I'd like to compare a few backlights before I settle on D65. I get the point that there should not be too much of a contrast between your screens, but I am more of a warm colour type of a person.
Great. Actually, I was planning to buy Govee but I have seen an article in this forum and watched some videos, then decided to buy MediaLight. Let’s see what’s gonna happen:)

Crossico

Novice Member
Hello, new user so forgive any faux pas'. Are the calibration settings established by the reviewer available for the A7G?

SoloFish

Hi, can anyone explain how the vrr works? I have the 55 inch and a high speed cable linked to a series x and can't enable the option in the xbox settings.

CaPo

Any way to block YouTube on this TV? I've blocked it in the menu, but it still opens from the button on the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px7 S2 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way