Hisense A7G (50A7GQ) QLED TV Review & Comments

Loopthrough

Why don't they just make the entire remote control an advert?
It could have a screen that plays unskippable ads all day. Maybe YouTube execs can help them.

The Eggman72

A review of the UK crippled U8G would be interesting..to see how it holds up (or not) against its fantastic usa counterpart..

Gordon2147

Hi Phil,

thanks for the review. TV's like this, which as you say, are not for enthusiats, are almost a waste of time. their lack of brightness is almost not worth having HDR at all. I understand the company is looking to achieve a price point, but either they are not interested or the market they are aiming at is not interested in HDR.
The only thing a TV like this reminds of, is to spend more money. I also better understand why the team don't review many models at this segment of the market as they are simply something to watch something on, there is nothing to get excited about.

I must remember the mass market just aren't interested in picture quality, mainly looks and a price point.

Looking forward, will you be reviewing the u9g?

Thanks again.

Loopthrough

Hi Phil,

thanks for the review. TV's like this, which as you say, are not for enthusiats, are almost a waste of time. their lack of brightness is almost not worth having HDR at all. I understand the company is looking to achieve a price point, but either they are not interested or the market they are aiming at is not interested in HDR.
The only thing a TV like this reminds of, is to spend more money. I also better understand why the team don't review many models at this segment of the market as they are simply something to watch something on, there is nothing to get excited about.

I must remember the mass market just aren't interested in picture quality, mainly looks and a price point.
Only a "waste of time" for AV geeks. Many people don't care about/want/use HDR and these TVs give them excellent general picture/sound/apps/design for the price.

Those buyers are still interested in picture quality, they just don't care for whatever today's hot feature is.

GT One

Hi Phil,

Looking forward, will you be reviewing the u9g?

Thanks again.
I wouldn't say the mass market isn't interested in picture quality, I listened to a pair of senior citizens wanting a new large screen Smart TV with all the apps, they had done some homework and knew what brand they were looking for until the sales person tried to direct them toward another cheaper product, I'm guessing he assumed they couldn't afford it.
Anyone not self confident with technology can get easily misled.

The Eggman72

Yup the american version gets rave reviews...ours doesn't..wish I could get a USA version here .😥

FergieB

@Phil Hinton good and interesting review Phil. Is the having to use gamma 2.6 to achieve 2.4 unique to this tv or common to other models past or present?

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
What about sideways connections accessibility? They look pretty far placed... Let's assume that TV is mounted to a wall with with a mount that does not allow any movement. Would it be possible to connect something without removing TV from the mount?

showofdeth

My last TV was the U8QF and that will be my last Hisense jobbie. All the false advertising and lies about specs and bad after sales. Never again.

atmoscinema

What's the Posterization like on this set?

Is it a 10 bit panel, or does a 10 bit panel depth spec help to smooth out Posterization?

Am looking forward to the new Sharp 50DN3KA Dolby Vision sets due, which might be 10 bit?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom