Quantcast

Hisense A6200 (H50A6200UK) Review & Comments

TheGamer147

I updated and now the wireless card isn't working even after factory reset I contacted hisense they going to spend out a engineer.

TheGamer147

Have you tried a factory reset after update? Posted it a few posts back but Hisense used to suggest it after a FW update.
Yeah tried that when selecting wireless connection it comes up please insert wireless module. Ethernet port works.

jayhab

I'm in the same position; got the ae6100 50" and my Amazon app was pants, I contacted hisense who said they had firmware to fix it (J0515). Amazing I thought, when it arrived I ran the update and it killed the WiFi and did nothing to fix the Amazon app! Asked then to send me I0926 so I could rollback, so they sent me J0515 again! Now they're ignoring me.
I don't think the J0515 is compatible with the 6100; probably built for the dual band 6200 and above?
Does anyone have the I0926 firmware they could share? I can see it on the French website, but listed for the 6500 models and am a little apprehensive about trying it!!

TheGamer147

The repair company going to call Monday to arrange the repair will let you know what happens..

If you can get WiFi going again by rolling back let me know.

TyThan

jayhab

They offered me a repair when the update failed, as I'd only had the TV less than a fortnight, I declined, hoping a rollback would at least restore the WiFi functionality!

jayhab

Ok, so I bit the bullet and rolled back using the I0926 firmware for the 6550 on the French website. All installed fine, unfortunately neither WiFi nor prime video fixed!
Looks like I'll need to take them up on their offer for a repair.

TheGamer147

Ok, so I bit the bullet and rolled back using the I0926 firmware for the 6550 on the French website. All installed fine, unfortunately neither WiFi nor prime video fixed!
Looks like I'll need to take them up on their offer for a repair.
Did you order from AO I just contacted them on live chat and they said if hisense enineere can't repair ten they will replace it

jayhab

We got ours (brand new) from the Hughes Direct store on eBay for a frankly crazy price. It doesn't look like they stock the 50" any more, so returning would be a last resort. It's usable as it is, my router is next to the TV anyway so the WiFi although annoying isn't a massive problem, the prime video app works, it's just not great, so again, not a massive problem.
However, the obvious niggle being, it's a month old and everything is supposed to work!!
I've sent another message to hisense enquiring about the repair that was offered.

Last edited:

TheGamer147

We got ours (brand new) from the Hughes Direct store on eBay for a frankly crazy price. It doesn't look like they stock the 50" any more, so returning would be a last resort. It's usable as it is, my router is next to the TV anyway so the WiFi although annoying isn't a massive problem, the prime video app works, it's just not great, so again, not a massive problem.
However, the obvious niggle being, it's a month old and everything is supposed to work!!
I've sent another message to hisense enquiring about the repair that was offered.
Yeah I know what you mean you expect everything to work no matter how loml you had it

hallmufc

I have been having wifi not connecting for weeks, but this is instant from turning on via standby and is not limited to apps
The only way to resolve it is to power down at the wall

One thing I have noticed when reading the comments is that I am on firmware version I1008 which seems to be the latest of the comments apart from this non associated j505 that has been sent out which does not seem to work too well

jayhab

Just had a reply from hisense, asking for photos of the TV, the serial number and the receipt.

Fingers crossed!

TheGamer147

Repair booked; someone will call in the next 48 hrs to arrange!
Fingers still crossed!
They called me they said they would have to take it away so going to try and get hisense to give me a fault reference to give AO for replacement as I don't have a backup TV to use while it in repair

jayhab

That's a pain; if they say the same to me, I won't be going ahead with it either. Not taking the risk of it going on a journey with a courier!
I'll probably just live with it and keep my fingers crossed for a future firmware update!!

TheGamer147

That's a pain; if they say the same to me, I won't be going ahead with it either. Not taking the risk of it going on a journey with a courier!
I'll probably just live with it and keep my fingers crossed for a future firmware update!!
I called them again they said to speak to AO to see if they will swap so may try that

jayhab

Received the I0926 firmware (the correct one!) Installed to the TV and WiFi is back and working again!!!! Yay!
So, not all firmwares with the same reference are actually the same!

TheGamer147

Received the I0926 firmware (the correct one!) Installed to the TV and WiFi is back and working again!!!! Yay!
So, not all firmwares with the same reference are actually the same!
Where did you get update

Could you email it to me I called hisense they can guarantee what version will be sent.

Last edited:

jayhab

I'd been asking for it (repeatedly) since they sent 2 copies of J0515. I asked for it again when I declined the repair!

Sure, message me your details. Just checking though... Mine is the ae6100.

I'd been asking for it (repeatedly) since they sent 2 copies of J0515. I asked for it again when I declined the repair!

Sure, message me your details. Just checking though... Mine is the ae6100.
Any chance you could send it my way too?